ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Insurance (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/)
-   -   Sky Insurance No Show (https://www.scoobynet.com/insurance-19/912772-sky-insurance-no-show.html)

henrysmith 11 November 2011 08:46 AM

Sky Insurance No Show

Getting quotes for insurance on Wednesday, rang A-plan, Moley, Greenlight and Sky. Went through all the modifications etc, Sky assured me they would speak to their underwriters for the best price and then ring me back within the hour - 2 days later still nothing! It's only 2 days I know and insurance isn't due for 3 weeks. Customer service is King - if you can't be bothered to give me a quote then just say so.:brickwall

A-plan very good price as always.:)

Got through to Moley first time but need to ring back 16th November so they have the December rates in.:thumb:

Greenlight were only £11 more than A-plan's best but Greenlight with a £50 lower excess - so very impressed with them.:)

Tony@Greenlight 11 November 2011 09:03 AM

Hi henrysmith,

Thanks for your feedback, very kind of you to post your experience.

Having checked into the detail of the offer that we had provided I can also confirm that in addition to the traditional benefits you receive with comprehensive cover policies, your offer also included the following:

1) Modifications are covered on a like for like replacement basis when damaged or stolen

2) Track days are an option

3) You will receive a 14 day hire car if your vehicle is stolen/written off (as well as a courtesy car being available when you're in for regular repairs)

We've been sharpening our rating for the better risks, so it's nice to see that this has paid dividends for you with us being way more competitive than we had been for you last year :thumb:

Kind regards

Tony

PS. To be fair to Sky, they do deal with quite a lot of forums these days (some of which we are involved with) and the feedback in relation to their service is usually pretty good.

skyinsurance 14 November 2011 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by henrysmith (Post 10326608)
Getting quotes for insurance on Wednesday, rang A-plan, Moley, Greenlight and Sky. Went through all the modifications etc, Sky assured me they would speak to their underwriters for the best price and then ring me back within the hour - 2 days later still nothing! It's only 2 days I know and insurance isn't due for 3 weeks. Customer service is King - if you can't be bothered to give me a quote then just say so.:brickwall

A-plan very good price as always.:)

Got through to Moley first time but need to ring back 16th November so they have the December rates in.:thumb:

Greenlight were only £11 more than A-plan's best but Greenlight with a £50 lower excess - so very impressed with them.:)

Hi, we've called and delivered the price this morning. To be fair, there is a note on our system stating 'unable to get through to customer to deliver quotation'.

Please always remember you can PM us via the forum if you need an urgent call back or have a question for us.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

henrysmith 14 November 2011 12:17 PM

Call back

Received a call back this morning and with a quote - decent price - £14 higher than A-plan but with a £150 lower excess.

Was told by the caller that someone had tried to call me but just got the answerphone - No messages were left though, and strangely no calls on caller ID with or without a phone number (and I can list last 100 incoming numbers and checked) - so no someone has NOT tried to call me back before today - better to be upfront and just say 'OK our fault' rather than make up alledged calls?:nono:

Anywho, all done now.

Shaid 14 November 2011 12:19 PM

Or it could be that someone tried calling but call failed. Network 3 users like myself are used to this happening.

skyinsurance 14 November 2011 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by henrysmith (Post 10331275)
Anywho, all done now.

Indeed, all done now. We certainly are not in the habit of not calling customers back, there would be no business sense in that but the odd one will get missed/ the odd person will not answer their phone/give a wrong number etc etc.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance