ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   How many Justy/Sumo Owners on here? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/91168-how-many-justy-sumo-owners-on-here.html)

Turboteeth 27 April 2002 05:02 PM

Ok, the Impreza boys can have their party - how about ours??

How many on here have decided to leave their Justy's or Sumo's perfectly standard, save for the upgrade of the poxy Hi-Fi??

How many, like me, have not fallen for the upgrade hard sell?? :rolleyes:

Just wondering if I am alone in being the only 'Normal' one on here??

Go easy with me

Turbo :D

snowcrash 27 April 2002 06:47 PM

two months ago i was looking at Impreza's (mainly wrx sti v6) - when i noticed in autotrader there were these lovely little beuts that subaru make called Justy GX'es - I went to my local scoob dealer [Tileys] and test drove an Ex-Demo Green Justy AWD 1.3 3Dr - I have to say it was the funniest car i have ever driven and then at that point "knew" I HAD TO BUY ONE!

I have since bought an R-Reg in Lime Green Mica and its is the "Cat's Ass" - I've done a few suttle mods to it in the last few weeks namely :
Full Scoobysport De-Cat System
Dawes
T3 Turbo running at 33PSI
Blowoff Valve and Swirl Pot
Cyclone Induction Kit (from Pro-drive)
Crome Door Handles and Wiper Blade Arms
"555" Graphics on side
dual cigarette lighter (and additional ashtray)
Nokia In-Car Kit
Group-N Head Gasket
13 Row Oil Cooler
Evo 6 Number Plate holder

Under Chassis Neon Lighting
15" Impreza Turbo Alloys (Painted Yellow to match)
Dodgy (uhm) Bonnet Scoop...
Pro-drive Real Spoiler
Legacy front driver seat
PIAA Front Lights
clear indictators
Lexus Style Rear Indicators
12" Sub in the boot
400Watt amp connected to Pioneer Head Unit
In Car DVD/Playstation 2
Complete Cream Leather Re-Trim
Spax-Adjustable Suspension (Lowered 8"inches)
Strut Brace
Yokohama A105 Tyres
White Dial Kit
A-Pillar Dial Pod (3 Gauges - Boost, Temp, Electics)
Forester Steering Wheel
Air Horns
DTM Style Front Splitter
BMW M3 Mirror -drivers side 1x (uhm :rolleyes:)
Tinted Silver Rear Windows
GRP Side Skirts (In Pink)
RallyArt Mud Flaps (Found in Castle coombe nr track)
WRX Rear Graphics
Nodding Scooby-doo

Just recently done the 1/4 mile at santa pod in 42.5secs maxed out at 75mph :rolleyes:

Anyone got any ideas on how to get more BHP/Torque... ?

:D

AndyC_772 27 April 2002 07:10 PM

Uprated rubber bands? Cut a hole in the floor so you can pedal? Maybe get out and push? :D

A.

Turboteeth 27 April 2002 08:12 PM

Snowcrash - your car sound the dogs.

For a few bhp you could try an intercooler water spray? A cheap alternative to the fancy Impreza system is to disconnect the window washer. OK so your windscreen will be dirty but hey it will give you the power you need.

Any pics of your car?

Olly 27 April 2002 08:53 PM

Lad at work had a bog standard Sumo van up to a few weeks ago.

Don't ask me why, but for some reason it sounded like a 911 on full song.

Doogsy 27 April 2002 09:00 PM

Surely waterspray should point backwards for the jet car shove in the back feel

snowcrash 27 April 2002 09:54 PM

comeon Guys!

Surely I can sqeeeze another 5BHP from that 1300 engine block - i have £10k to spend to do it - I need ideas!!!

Flat 4x4 27 April 2002 10:09 PM

When David Hendry was an official Subaru dealer, they marketed an 'RX90' upgrade kit for the last generation (selectable 4wd Justy). This gave a 30% power increase (mudflaps optional)

sammyh 27 April 2002 10:16 PM

I seriously have a Sumo! :D oh and a STI 7

snowcrash 27 April 2002 10:20 PM

Brainwave - Maybe removing the Rear Seats and Floor Mats I might lose enough weight in the car to gain that extra 5BHP :D

Cool - I saw a Sumo Yesterday - They look Handy :D

Turboteeth 27 April 2002 10:35 PM

A lanwmower looks handy.

snowcrash 27 April 2002 11:37 PM

Comon! Sumo's are Cool!!!! AWD Mini-Vans - Wicked :)

snowcrash 28 April 2002 12:30 AM

piccy of my Justy
http://www.colute.net/scooby/albums/album01/abq.jpg

polarbearit 28 April 2002 10:07 AM

LOL @ snowcrash

sammyh 28 April 2002 10:40 AM

Ok who thinks the justy looks ok?

snowcrash 28 April 2002 12:04 PM

i do :D

"faster than a speeding 600cc Robin Reliant!"

Turboteeth 28 April 2002 01:16 PM

Snowcrash - strange that it's R reg. but the pre-92 model!

Still looks pretty good though, bet it's a real babe magnet.

snowcrash 28 April 2002 11:34 PM

Snowcrash - strange that it's R reg. but the pre-92 model!

Still looks pretty good though, bet it's a real babe magnet.
more of a babe magnet than those poxy impreza's;)

Yeah - I prefer the Pre-92 model design, so I swapped some panels around. And had it resprayed. Although I might get it resprayed again with the Subaru Stars on instead of 555... :rolleyes:

polarbearit 28 April 2002 11:49 PM

Get a respray and make the stars STI Pink ;):D

snowcrash 29 April 2002 12:08 AM

wick'ed idea polarbearIT :D - give me a few days - and it might happen ;)

snowcrash 29 April 2002 03:39 PM

corner...

Evoman 29 April 2002 04:14 PM

You're justy looks a complete joke. Admitedly it would get attention- people laughing at this green tincan with a gofaster spolier on the back. What a joke!!!! Got to hand it to you, U must have some front driving that around. I would rather drive a Reliant Robin-muahahhaahahaha. Methinks you read too many maxpower magazines. spend 10k and get 5 bhp extra-wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen Read 29 April 2002 04:18 PM

Love the car Snowcrash. Hope you have declared all your 'Mods' to the insurance Co. and all your 'Meds' to your local GP :cool:

In fact, I have a source of Ferrari 360M 'curry hooks' which you might be interested in ;).

[Edited by Stephen Read - 4/29/2002 4:29:07 PM]

snowcrash 29 April 2002 04:41 PM

yeah - insurance - i'm a 3rd driver on my dad's policy ;) - ****e - i dunno if i've declared all the recent mods, thanks for reminding me :D

snowcrash 29 April 2002 04:46 PM

You're justy looks a complete joke. Admitedly it would get attention- people laughing at this green tincan with a gofaster spolier on the back. What a joke!!!! Got to hand it to you, U must have some front driving that around. I would rather drive a Reliant Robin-muahahhaahahaha. Methinks you read too many maxpower magazines. spend 10k and get 5 bhp extra-wow!!!!!!!!!!!!
look, MR Evo - I can see your trying to take the piss, and i'm not going to bite, you like your EVO's (i assume - and i bet you mod it) - not EveryONE likes evo's some like Justy's/Nova's/Clios/Bentleys/Porka's - and i can't afford the insurance on a Dog-Ugly impreza or Granddad mobile Evo...

Therefore I drive what i like! how many Mitu's on the Road look like yours? how many Justy's look like mine :rolleyes: ?

Evoman 29 April 2002 04:59 PM

Hoho what a hoot! U Scooby regulars really know how to party!!!!! Muahahahahahahaha

snowcrash 29 April 2002 05:01 PM

FYI: I took the BEAST Justy to Castle Coombe on Saturday - you may have noticed it Pumping Out the Bass near the paddock...

cberry 29 April 2002 05:04 PM

POC has just purchased a Justy.

Crispin 29 April 2002 05:06 PM

I heard it, I was in the beanfield opposite with my raver mates, our sound system had just failed an' we were in a right pickle - you saved our bacon m8!!!!!

Evoman 29 April 2002 05:10 PM

Scooby regulars you're little Justy joke (hoho) was about as believable as a Justy winning the WRC. To keep it going shows just how dumb u lot really r!!! U took my bait so jokes on you suckers!!!!!!! muhahaahahahahah