ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   track days avice? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/911427-track-days-avice.html)

scoobyrob2002 31 October 2011 06:18 PM

track days avice?

Hi guy me and my bro are thinking about taking our scoobys out on a trackday but i dont know where to start as we never been on a track day need some avice/where we can go cheers :thumb:

colebags 31 October 2011 07:12 PM

me and a mate are going to do are first trackday at oulton park they do a novice day so might be worth looking on there web site

cster 31 October 2011 07:18 PM

Don't bother taking it above 5000 rpm. There isn't that much more avail above this and you will give the oil a much easier time.
Use tyres that are near the end of their life and don't stay out longer than 10 min. and have a cool down lap.

Barty77 31 October 2011 08:09 PM

i take with me 1 ltr of oil.. just in case, container of water if you have ic spray, a good tyre pressure gauge ... i run 28psi all round when warm on track (225/45/17's) and a spare pair of undies :thumb:

Main thing i would say is do a couple of laps and take it easy and then pop in the pitc and check pressures etc and then have fun.

Oh and check the condition of your brake pads too ... my mate used a set of mintex in one day, they were just the std £30 pads.

Cocker 31 October 2011 10:34 PM

Rockingham is a very good track, 105DB level aswell

madmerlin 31 October 2011 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyrob2002 (Post 10308470)
Hi guy me and my bro are thinking about taking our scoobys out on a trackday but i dont know where to start as we never been on a track day need some avice/where we can go cheers :thumb:

im with you all the way on this one m8:thumb:

been looking into it lately, will have a chat about it on sunday:D

dunx 31 October 2011 11:36 PM

Best fun I've had with my car...

Apart from playing on rally stages after setting them up. :D

dunx

P.S. Don't chase anyone, especially if they know what they are doing... :lol1:

scoobyrob2002 31 October 2011 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by colebags (Post 10308545)
me and a mate are going to do are first trackday at oulton park they do a novice day so might be worth looking on there web site

cool mate let me know how you get on thats what i am after to out on a novice day :)

scoobyrob2002 31 October 2011 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by madmerlin (Post 10309033)
im with you all the way on this one m8:thumb:

been looking into it lately, will have a chat about it on sunday:D

sure thing man chat sunday :luxhello:

RetroMk1 01 November 2011 01:28 AM

Club msv do novice days mate, somewhere like bedford autodrome is a good start as there's pretty much nothing to hit if you mess up, set on a open airfield.

Make sure you got plenty of life left on your brakes and tyres if you plan on driving home after the track day. Be careful not to hold your brakes on or apply the handbrake when you come into the pits after a session (20mins max) as you will warp the brakes as my old man did to my track car :cry: he blames me though :lol1:

If there's free tutition then take it as you will learn the perfect line much quicker and can then concentrate on you driving.

And take plenty of fuel, i recon i'm getting less than 5mpg whilst on the track :eek:

Have fun :thumb:

Turbo Tez 01 November 2011 07:36 AM

Oil change before and after as well.