ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Stag weekend Locations (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/910789-stag-weekend-locations.html)

vallumlj 26 October 2011 06:24 AM

Stag weekend Locations

I am looking to go on my stag do next march and would like some ideas for places to go. We are looking to go abroad tenerifle or similar. The reason going abroad is so we all get in the clubs in the evening and it doesnt matter if we get to pissed.

Any other ideas where to go. Someone did mention Talin

Thanks

SiPie 26 October 2011 07:06 AM

Who ever mentioned 'Talin' maybe doesn't think that highly of you :eek:

Talin is in Armenia.... but I guess you meant 'Tallinn', which is lovely but pretty chilly in March ! Tenerife would be a better bet if getting pissed is all you are after. At least everyone else would be doing the same thing.

austinwrx 26 October 2011 09:01 AM

talin is in Estonia.

a nightmare of stag do's is getting money out of everyone to really commit to going abroad.

Coffin Dodger 26 October 2011 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by austinwrx (Post 10300340)
talin is in Estonia.

a nightmare of stag do's is getting money out of everyone to really commit to going abroad.

Indeed, had mine in Bristol :lol1: Found a good lap dancing club though so all good :D

addi monster 26 October 2011 09:31 AM

prague or amsterdam m8, it will be one you will never forget,....

legacy_gtb 26 October 2011 09:58 AM

I organised a pitbike race at a local track! Worked out to be less than £120 a head for 3 days of it including buying brand new bikes! There was a good mix of experienced motocrossers and people that had never even sat on a motorbike before. Camped in the woods next to the track, meat, fire, rucks of booze, loadsa mud .... was ace!

A mate made a video from all his photos .... no effort went into editing and theres about 7 minutes of muddy moto photos in the middle, but the jist is there..... if you make it to the end, ignore the arses, i did marry a woman! honest!

Certainly beat the typical pub crawl and strip club routine for me personally and as we bought the bikes there wasnt the limit of just a few laps like most of the arrive and drive billy days.

Im not saying this would suit many people but for me and my mates it was spot on!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkwN6imcJnQ

cookstar 26 October 2011 10:23 AM

We go on a "stag do" every March with work, nobody has actually gotten married after one though, so we will continue to do so.

2010 we went to Krakow
2011 we went to Sofia
Next March we are off to Budapest.

All depends what your after really, if it's a cheap weekend, with some clunge rubbed in your face then I can really recommend either of the first two, I'll let you know about the third in a few months. :D

Coffin Dodger 26 October 2011 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 10300444)
We go on a "stag do" every March with work, nobody has actually gotten married after one though, so we will continue to do so.

2010 we went to Krakow
2011 we went to Sofia
Next March we are off to Budapest.

All depends what your after really, if it's a cheap weekend, with some clunge rubbed in your face then I can really recommend either of the first two, I'll let you know about the third in a few months. :D

:D

Where do you work and have you got any jobs going? :lol1:

Luan Pra bang 26 October 2011 01:33 PM

Tallinn is lovely but the locals now have a passionate hatred of English stag parties so I would avoid it like the plague, the strip bars will also rob you blind, Riga has similar probelms. If you really want to make it count head to Odessa.

SiPie 26 October 2011 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by austinwrx (Post 10300340)
talin is in Estonia.

Promise you that Talin is in Armenia

Tallinn is in Estonia

Guy I work beside ran a bar in 'Tallinn' for 8 years and it was definitely in Estonia when he last checked ;)

David Lock 26 October 2011 02:50 PM

Are you getting married again then :cuckoo:

craigyp 26 October 2011 02:52 PM

Went to benidorm for a wk!!! £180 for wk it was brill

davyboy 26 October 2011 02:57 PM

Just so I am clear, you are going abroad because: you can get in the clubs in the evening and it doesnt matter if we get to pissed.

Is there a new law in the UK that prohibits this?

Personally I'd go to a ski resort.

Frosticles 26 October 2011 03:04 PM

Whitley Bay. :thumb:

zip106 26 October 2011 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by craigyp (Post 10300793)
Went to benidorm for a wk!!! £180 for wk it was brill

Is that text speak for 'wank'?

If so, surely you could've got it cheaper at home?

:)

mamoon2 26 October 2011 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 10300801)
Personally I'd go to a ski resort.

I'd imagine that would be a bit pricey

craigyp 26 October 2011 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 10300979)
Is that text speak for 'wank'?

If so, surely you could've got it cheaper at home?

:)

:) lol

speedymonkey 26 October 2011 06:39 PM

Im having mine in late March in Krakow, 12 paid up so far :thumb:

Arrive on the Friday morning, and are starting with a coach with onboard bar & stripper for a 2 hour trip round the city :lol1:

Followed by the BBB tour...Beer, babes and Bullets :norty:
Lots of boobies, beer and shooting AK 47's, CANNOT WAIT!!!

astraboy 26 October 2011 06:48 PM

Magaluf!
I went to one there a few years ago and it ruled. Plenty of bars, no hassle from the police and the whole experience was as cheap as it gets!
Put it this way, this is a "tower"
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photo..._1875.jpg?dl=1
It contains 6 litres of vodka red bull, 5 litres of redbull, one of vodka.
It costs 55 euros :D:D:D
Trust me, if you go, you wont regret it :p
astraboy.

Mike-K 26 October 2011 07:07 PM

Vegas!!! Best stag I have ever been on. 25 of us stating in the MGM Grand. Wont ever forget that week! For a cheaper one I'd pick Barcelona

RobsyUK 26 October 2011 07:41 PM

I never had a stag do as my mates were not alloweed to amsterdam.. maybe Scoobynet could have a stag do ????

lordharding 26 October 2011 08:49 PM

Amersdam
Prague
Barcelona
Riga
Magaluf
Blackpool
In that order for fun

Nobody ever got married though ,we just pretended

In that order

TinyTim 26 October 2011 08:52 PM

Somewhere other than Bournemouth. Ta :)

subaruturbo_18 27 October 2011 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mike-K (Post 10301158)
Vegas!!! Best stag I have ever been on. 25 of us stating in the MGM Grand. Wont ever forget that week! For a cheaper one I'd pick Barcelona

Yes! i was reading the whole thread thinking, 'surely someone must suggest Vegas already?'

I will be going there for a stag do most likely next year (whenever my mate stops being a pussy :D)

Wouldn't think of anywhere else for a group of mid twenties lads!

RobJenks 27 October 2011 04:43 AM

If you are really serious about a good time then it must be Pattaya !

cookstar 27 October 2011 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by speedymonkey (Post 10301113)
Im having mine in late March in Krakow, 12 paid up so far :thumb:

Arrive on the Friday morning, and are starting with a coach with onboard bar & stripper for a 2 hour trip round the city :lol1:

Followed by the BBB tour...Beer, babes and Bullets :norty:
Lots of boobies, beer and shooting AK 47's, CANNOT WAIT!!!

When your there, try letting off a whole extended mag on an Uzi, in one go. That's something else. :thumb: I think I hit the taget once. :lol1: