ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   All blacks sneak a win (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/910367-all-blacks-sneak-a-win.html)

RobJenks 23 October 2011 11:18 AM

All blacks sneak a win

France performed so much higher than expected and put pressure on the AB's - especially in the 2 nd half.
The HAKA incorporated the "throat cutting" which is totally unacceptable.
The French captain was awesome and was awarded man of the match.

CrisPDuk 23 October 2011 11:26 AM

Cheers Rob, not like I was watching it on catch up or anything :rolleyes:

Leslie 23 October 2011 03:56 PM

Now he has spilt the beans I will say that I thought it was a very even match. It was a toss up who might win.

The French played a very good 2nd half and were unlucky not to get a score.

The Kiwi's need a more accurate kicker.

It is a shame that the older style of open rugby and running the ball seems to have gone by the board. That was far more skilful and made a far better spectacle than the present run until you clump into an opponent and they all have a pushing match. I reckon they must eat steroids for breakfast,dinner and tea these days!

Mind you, I did see Nonu actually pass the ball twice!

Les

lozgti1 23 October 2011 04:02 PM

One of the commentators was saying about finals not being the best..it wasn't!

glad AB's won,however it was far from convincing.

Good effort france.

Leslie 23 October 2011 04:19 PM

These enlightened days,I am surprised they were not made to change their name to the "All Differently Coloured Team"!

Les

Trout 23 October 2011 06:25 PM

It was an immense game.

Whilst it might have seemed close - Weepu had a mare and missed pretty much everything - it could have easily been 17-0 at half time.

France were superb - immoveable object up against a nearly unstoppable force.

David Lock 23 October 2011 07:47 PM

Yeah and kickers win games. People moan when Wilkinson is included for England but a kicker of his standard would have won the game for either France or NZ. And Wales as well IIRC.

A really tough game. As usual I got it all wrong as I thought Ireland would get further than they did and Australia would win.

But well done the Kiwis.

dl

David Lock 23 October 2011 07:58 PM

Jar of Hearts - what do you think of this cover version?

Deleted wrong thread!!

Trout 23 October 2011 08:00 PM

What's that got to do with rugby?

;)

zip106 23 October 2011 08:47 PM

It looked very much like a typical Northern Hemisphere game.

Overall, the best team in the tournament deservedly won.

vindaloo 23 October 2011 08:52 PM

The devil on my shoulder was wanting France to stage another upset. Mainly because my normally "balanced individual" mates had a major downer on France after the pool stages and the semi final display against Wales. After Wales were out, all I wanted to see was a proper game, not an All Black procession.

I reckon the result was a fair one. TBH I thought France looked a little tired towards the end.

I feel if they'd moved the ball more rather they'd have found gaps. I can see why they want Aurelian Rougerie at centre though!

Question though: How does Ritchie McCaw manage it? He seems offside or meddling in every 3 out of 4 rucks, yet rarely gets pinged.

J.

CrisPDuk 24 October 2011 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by vindaloo (Post 10296601)
Question though: How does Ritchie McCaw manage it? He seems offside or meddling in every 3 out of 4 rucks, yet rarely gets pinged.

J.

Because he's an All Black :wonder: