ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tiny little white growth INSIDE my lower eyelid. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/910167-tiny-little-white-growth-inside-my-lower-eyelid.html)

alcazar 21 October 2011 01:08 PM

Tiny little white growth INSIDE my lower eyelid.

It's big enough to make me think I've got summat in my eye, not painful, just annoying, like when you get one of those lumps of like jelly in there.

Should I see my doc for possible removal, or will it go away?

Is it common?

speedking 21 October 2011 01:11 PM

Stye?

Leslie 21 October 2011 02:03 PM

Whatever it is, you would be wise to get it looked at by the doctor.

Les

Fat Boy 21 October 2011 02:32 PM

Had one of these - not on the eyelash like a stye but inside the lid - had it scraped off it hospital. Not too bad.

Midlife...... 21 October 2011 02:38 PM

A meibomian gland duct cyst (chalazion) more than likely........need to go and see doc I'm afraid as crossing fingers and waiting for it to go probably won't work.

Shaun

ditchmyster 21 October 2011 03:00 PM

Not always doom and gloom, i get something like this usually when i'm run down and very tired, i just squeeze it and rub it with a gold ring 9ct no good needs to be 18ct or above and hey presto gone, if it's like one of those protien balls just use the ring, obviously make sure the ring is clean.

Old wives tale, me nan told me to do it years ago:thumb:

Ps mine does not look like the pic of a stye in the link above it's more like a white head spot, just under the edge of the eyelid.

zip106 21 October 2011 03:34 PM

You sure it's not an asylum seeker?

Leslie 21 October 2011 04:19 PM

Aye aye!

Les ;)

alcazar 21 October 2011 08:09 PM

It's about 5mm down on the inside of the lid, so rubbing against the eyeball.

I'll get it checked out when I get home.

Littleted 21 October 2011 09:52 PM

if it feels like ya eyelash is hurting its a stye go to chemist and ask for brolene

get it slapped on till it goes, if in doubt see doc, i used to get loads, its cos your run down or stressed normally can be infection but nornally the former

alcazar 21 October 2011 10:01 PM

Nope, I can SEE what is bothering me, a small whitish gowth, about 0.5mm across, 5mm down inside the lower left part of the lower left eyelid.

Tried to remove it myself with moist loo rol, then a hairgrip, looped end, but to no avail.

scoobiepaul 21 October 2011 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Midlife...... (Post 10293106)
A meibomian gland duct cyst (chalazion) more than likely........need to go and see doc I'm afraid as crossing fingers and waiting for it to go probably won't work.

Shaun

+1 - Ten minute job at the hospital, no pain and never returned. :thumb:

Bubba po 21 October 2011 10:38 PM

Why choose Scoobynet rather than NHS direct for this query?

chocolate_o_brian 21 October 2011 10:45 PM

I sometimes get one of these when I'm tired Jeff. Feels like something's scratching inside but no amount of cleaning gets rid. Always wondered what they were - only temporary though in my case.

what would scooby do 21 October 2011 10:47 PM

Tiny little white growth
Tony Blair ?

alcazar 21 October 2011 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 10293868)
Why choose Scoobynet rather than NHS direct for this query?

NHS Direct?

chocolate_o_brian 21 October 2011 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10293890)
NHS Direct?

Yeah basically you can go onto their website and pop in your symptoms. More often than not you will be found to have "the" aids and require immediate treatment in A&E :D

what would scooby do 21 October 2011 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10293902)
More often than not you will be found to have "the" aids and require immediate treatment in A&E :D

Depends if they have the good AIDS or the bad AIDS :thumb:

Silver Angel 21 October 2011 11:39 PM

Ive recently just had one of these I went to speak to a pharmacist and was given golden eye ointment - 2 days later all gone :)

alcazar 22 October 2011 08:36 AM

Can you still buy that stuff? I thought it went off the market as it had mercury or a mercury salt in it?

Lisawrx 22 October 2011 09:00 AM

Could you not ask at a pharmacy? At least that way someone will see it and possibly be able to give you something to clear it.

Bubba po 22 October 2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10293902)
Yeah basically you can go onto their website and pop in your symptoms. More often than not you will be found to have "the" aids and require immediate treatment in A&E :D

I was going to put "You have teh AIDS", which is a common enough retort on other forums I frequent, but for some reason I didn't think it would fly here. :D

hutton_d 22 October 2011 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10293796)
Nope, I can SEE what is bothering me, a small whitish gowth, about 0.5mm across, 5mm down inside the lower left part of the lower left eyelid.

Tried to remove it myself with moist loo rol, then a hairgrip, looped end, but to no avail.

These things are usually aliens. They start off as small, white growths but end up consuming your very essence leaving you as an empty shell that they control. I'd forget NHS Direct and call Dr Who, or Bruce Willis .... :thumb:

HTH

Dave

alcazar 22 October 2011 11:33 AM

Going to see my doc when I get home.
Last post by me..........apparently I'm boring people.

Lee247 22 October 2011 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10294277)
Going to see my doc when I get home.
Last post by me..........apparently I'm boring people.

Bull$hit. Don't take any notice. You post what you like :thumb:

Leslie 22 October 2011 01:04 PM

I can imagine how annoying that must be Alcazar and I sympathise with you.

I hope it is something which is easy for the doctor to remove for you.

Les

Silver Angel 22 October 2011 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10294105)
Can you still buy that stuff? I thought it went off the market as it had mercury or a mercury salt in it?

roughly about ten years ago when I worked in a Pharmacy it was recalled because of a dangerous ingredient it has since been released back on sale and is completely safe

jef 22 October 2011 03:19 PM

best bet , nip down to hosp or nhs 24.

altho personally id wait until 5am tuesday morning when its quiet and you should get seen in half an hour

avoid weekend nights at all costs at A&E

RobsyUK 22 October 2011 04:06 PM

No need for hospitals.... Get a gold ring.. The higher the carrot the better. Rub it on and bye bye...

Old wives tale that works!

Littleted 22 October 2011 04:52 PM

http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/brole...gle%2BProducts