ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Been billed twice for SN membership (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/909379-been-billed-twice-for-sn-membership.html)

the hamster 14 October 2011 12:47 PM

Been billed twice for SN membership

Once on the 4th and then again on the 7th.

Who do you contact to sort it out?

MattyB1983 14 October 2011 12:50 PM

This happened to me for about 4 months in a row.
You need to go into your paypal account and cancel the automatic payment. When I investigated it I found there were two auto payments setup.
Contact a mod and they will reimburse you.

the hamster 14 October 2011 12:53 PM

wheres the list of mods mate?

MattyB1983 14 October 2011 12:57 PM

^^
top of page, 'contact SN' .

SLAB 14 October 2011 01:01 PM

Me to m8 one of the sn blokes (garth or garath) said i had 2 accounts nothing herd again no money returned nothing but the crap i was getting of him i just left it.

the hamster 14 October 2011 01:10 PM

Ive cancelled it in my paypal.

jono300 14 October 2011 01:49 PM

Funny enough happened to me this month, put a post regards it elsewhere on the forum but as yet no refund ??

still dont really understand if you can take out just a month at a time or you take a years sub and can pay monthly ??

paid for my first month last month once the month was up I got a message to say my month was up also my 500 PM facility had expired so just wentahead and paid another month, a few days later I noticed a second payment has been taken ??

how do I stop automatic payments comming out off my paypal account and can I just take a membership on a month to month basis ??

rickya 14 October 2011 01:55 PM

Iv just noticed, I have too....since March 2011 :mad:

the hamster 14 October 2011 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by jono300 (Post 10283080)
how do I stop automatic payments comming out off my paypal account and can I just take a membership on a month to month basis ??

Go into your paypal and find a transaction for the payment. It should say "cancel subscription" at the bottom, thats what I did.

SLAB 14 October 2011 02:36 PM

so do we get this money back i lost interest as garaf or what ever his name was did my head in

MattyB1983 14 October 2011 03:13 PM

I got my money back. Just had to send all the paypal details to a mod (forget who)

Ginge ! 14 October 2011 03:33 PM

speak to stu and he will get it sorted

jono300 14 October 2011 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by the hamster (Post 10283109)
Go into your paypal and find a transaction for the payment. It should say "cancel subscription" at the bottom, thats what I did.

Okay thats fine thanks for the info, so we can just pay on a month to month basis then and cancelling the subscription via paypal will still see your remaining month out ??

the hamster 14 October 2011 05:38 PM

No idea mate. Would have thought it would be polite for a mod to post publicly and let us know whats happening and how to sort it but that looks doubtful.

SLAB 14 October 2011 09:01 PM

am still waiting to here from Stu lol 3 month ago lol good luck

MattyB1983 14 October 2011 09:49 PM

Thought one of the mods would have made an appearance by now....

the hamster 14 October 2011 10:16 PM

seems that scoobynet is one of the easiest places to part with your hard earned £ mate. You can choose to have it extracted monthly with a scubsciptyion, or you can buy from one of the non-trader registered sellers and give it away that way.

Lisawrx 15 October 2011 12:52 AM

Hi,

Don't shoot me down, I'm only a mod, but there is quite a bit of information that may help in this thread below if you'd care to read

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobyshop...g-problem.html

Hopefully this will help you get money back and avoid the problem reacurring. Info for who to contact for a refund can be found there, but I will also pass a link on for this thread to highlight it to admin.

In fairness, threads often get lost in the general section. Whilst they may not get sorted instantly in the SN+/subs section, I do pass on threads from there to admin if I wasn't sure if they were being dealt with. Please for future reference, post such problems in there/PM a mod or admin and hopefully you will get a quicker response.

IB Member Support 18 October 2011 12:58 AM

Membership Payment Issues

Hi All,

If you are having issues with your paid membership charging twice on your PayPal account it it because you have an automatic reoccurring payment.

Directions for cancelling your current subscription and starting a new one:
1. Click 'Profile' at the top of your PayPal account page
2. Next, head to the 'Preapproved Payments' in the 'Financial Information' column
3. Click 'View the Agreement' next to the scoobynet entry
4. Then choose Cancel or cancel Automatic Billing and follow the instructions

To reverse the fees please contact me via PM providing your Paypal transaction ID number, email and name.

Thanks,

Renee