ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   people who don't listen and take over conversations... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/908456-people-who-dont-listen-and-take-over-conversations.html)

skoobidude 07 October 2011 10:42 AM

people who don't listen and take over conversations...

Grrrrr rant ha ha!

You know when you talk to certain people and, say for instance you have just come back from a trip overseas or purchased a nice car.. What is it with some people, as soon as you start talking about your chosen subject they cut in straight away and tell you about their own experiences which were years ago etc...

"Oh yeh well when I went there about 9 years ago it was all different blah blah blah"

I just want to say "shhhh ffs I started this conversation"..

Grrrr Friday rant!

Myles 07 October 2011 11:04 AM

........yeah, so in any case, did I tell you about my new car?

Like that?

Yeah, p1sses me right off, a chat in the tea bar in work is like a battle of the voices. I just sit there and laugh at the rudeness.

pslewis 07 October 2011 11:19 AM

That's NOTHING!

A few years ago I was chatting about something and someone started chatting about something else when I wanted to chat about what I started chatting about and all they could do was to chat about themselves and what they were chatting about when I started chatting in the first place why don't they just stop chatting and let me chat for once!! :mad:

SwissTony 07 October 2011 11:38 AM

My wife says the same thing about me. :o

BOB.T 07 October 2011 11:46 AM

I hate it when someone asks you something and then as your lips part to start a reply they keep asking more inane sh!t and then when you do explain they ignore your input and come to a completely wrong conclusion and ignore your advice, twunts.

J4CKO 07 October 2011 11:52 AM

My wife's aunt does that, then comes back with "Now", in other words I am not listening, I dont understand or am bored and will now launch into a conversation where I talk at you and expect a responseo a quiestion for which you have no context.

jonc 07 October 2011 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by skoobidude (Post 10271394)
Grrrrr rant ha ha!

You know when you talk to certain people and, say for instance you have just come back from a trip overseas or purchased a nice car.. What is it with some people, as soon as you start talking about your chosen subject they cut in straight away and tell you about their own experiences which were years ago etc...

"Oh yeh well when I went there about 9 years ago it was all different blah blah blah"

I just want to say "shhhh ffs I started this conversation"..

Grrrr Friday rant!

Oh yeh well, this forum is no different, when I joined this forum about 9 years ago it was all different blah blah.............(well actually it was worse!) :lol1:

TinyTim 07 October 2011 12:09 PM

THAT I can handle, I tend to either loudly say "Blah blah blah - I was first" or just walk away.

What boils my piss is when you're having a conversation with someone and a third, retarded, rude, prick walks in and starts talking to the person you were talking to.

jonc 07 October 2011 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by TinyTim (Post 10271530)
THAT I can handle, I tend to either loudly say "Blah blah blah - I was first" or just walk away.

What boils my piss is when you're having a conversation with someone and a third, retarded, rude, prick walks in and starts talking to the person you were talking to.

HEY! I was talking to Skoobidude first!

:D

f1_fan 07 October 2011 01:10 PM

There's a few on here like that. They love to write their opinion all the while taking no notice of someone else's more informed opinion along the way!!

tony de wonderful 07 October 2011 01:14 PM

Sounds like many posters on here. :D

urban 07 October 2011 01:19 PM

I find IT consultancy companies like that
They always want to be heard
two mouths and only one ear!

f1_fan 07 October 2011 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 10271605)
I find IT consultancy companies like that
They always want to be heard
two mouths and only one ear!

Which one do you work for? ;)

urban 07 October 2011 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10271610)
Which one do you work for? ;)

None of them thanks

Dedrater 07 October 2011 01:35 PM

Does anyone know the prices to get in Alton Towers this year for bonfire night, park entrance and the hotel for a couple of nights?

Thanks.

jonc 07 October 2011 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10271597)
Sounds like many posters on here. :D

I have a nice poster too, of a girl playing tennis and scratching her arse..:)

urban 07 October 2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dedrater (Post 10271639)
Does anyone know the prices to get in Alton Towers this year for bonfire night, park entrance and the hotel for a couple of nights?

Thanks.

:D

Leslie 07 October 2011 03:29 PM

I consider it to be extremely bad manners to butt in on a conversation and cut the original person out in favour of their own subject.

I used to get really annoyed when someone did that but I have learned how to butt back in immediately and re-establish the subject which was being discussed originally.

You have to catch the self important fellow off guard and the quicker you do it,the less likely he will be able to hit back!

Les

Gear Head 07 October 2011 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10271593)
There's a few on here like that. They love to write their opinion all the while taking no notice of someone else's more informed opinion along the way!!

Yes there are aren't there. :rolleyes:

urban 07 October 2011 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10271793)

:lol1:

DYK 07 October 2011 03:54 PM

Hey You

http://images.zaazu.com/img/talkhand...3-facebook.gif

jef 07 October 2011 04:06 PM

haha touchy subject.
a guy at my work, no matter what you story of ANYTHING, has "big mate" who, has, 50bhp more, battered more guys, shagged more birds, been in more accidents, knows more gangsters, has more money ect ect. its nod your head and close your ears time lol.

my other "big mate" lol has however turned this trait to his advantage and makes v good money out of it.
he told me people love to talk about themselves, so when teaching his profession first questions are all about the customer, where are you from, what do you do, and then latches onto any info hes given to continue said person talking about themsleves. he proceeds to be quite, praise there acheivments, ignoring it all, and they walk away
feeling very happy.

and come back again lol

f1_fan 07 October 2011 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10271793)

:lol::lol::lol: