ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   CARBON FIBRE P1 FRONT SPLITTER (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/908344-carbon-fibre-p1-front-splitter.html)

Ginge ! 06 October 2011 10:54 AM

CARBON FIBRE P1 FRONT SPLITTER

why is it nobody seems to want to make one, you can buy evo carbon splitters for a few hundred quid and a fibreglass for 90 quid and even a HT Autos one for 120 quid

why dont we seem to have a market for a carbon front lip for a P1, i REALLY want to get one, ive seen some places sell them for over 400 quid which im not willing to pay that if im honest but just cant work out why it has never been attemtped to make a more marketable one for say 200 quid

im sure people would spend that on a classic impreza or is it just me that thinks that ?

Moley 06 October 2011 11:05 AM

They were available for £300 a while ago

wrx9181 06 October 2011 12:19 PM

Agree with ginge
Scooby cf splitter is always loads more the evo ones ?

Ginge ! 06 October 2011 01:06 PM

the question though is why ?

there must be a market considering how many people have the general P1 splitters and there isnt much difference making one from carbon rather than fibreglass

ive been holding out for almost 3 years now waiting for something that is gonna be worth the money ( sorry but 300 quid seems too steep for a item that will kiss a curb) so anyone out here have a idea to find a solution,,,,, we must have a few owners of classics willing to buy one

you can get later impreza carbon splitters and they are also cheeper too

jura11 06 October 2011 01:20 PM

In theory you can buy them in USA for cheaper

http://www.andysautosport.com/subaru...y_kits/seibon/

http://www.carbodykitstore.com/subar...31_65_283.html

Jura

Cammy5106 06 October 2011 01:31 PM

Agreed I have been looking for a spoiler for ages too and wanted carbon but could not find any at all..

I have resorted to plastic and going to carbon wrap it still not the same as genuine tho

Ginge ! 06 October 2011 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cammy5106 (Post 10270092)
Agreed I have been looking for a spoiler for ages too and wanted carbon but could not find any at all..

I have resorted to plastic and going to carbon wrap it still not the same as genuine tho

hold on to that for a few moments longer as i MAY have found someone who is REALLY interested in making one and is planning to become a trader on here in the next few days who makes carbon for other brands

as for importing from the states, ive never got involved in that as too many poss issues to deal with, id rather someone in this country rather than send abroad if i can

not to mention what happens if its crap quality and you have to send it back hassle, if its in this country you hope for less issues

im going to start a wish list of parts that i would buy and also a seperate list if REAL parts that REAL people would buy rather than a 100 dreamers who never part with cash ( though im one of them at the moment till i find a company i trust)

carbon rear bumper corner hockey sticks and P1 front spoiler and does anyone know the name of the plastic thing on the front of the rear wheel arch/door on the UK2000 impreza's are called, they done come on the imports though that ive seen :(

its like a sort of stone deflector

Darc174 06 October 2011 09:10 PM

I'll be intrested in a CF p1 splitter

yellowevo 06 October 2011 09:19 PM

me too price dependant

The Sheep Worrier 06 October 2011 09:22 PM

And me, already have one fitted, think its a Seibion (not 100%sure as i bought the bumper with splitter 2nd hand,) but it has a bit of a crack in it from a collision with a lamb on the epynt ranges! can live wit it as it is as it aint that bad, but wouldnt mind a replacment if they were avalable at the right price.

Ginge ! 06 October 2011 09:47 PM

cool, im going to forward this to the lad who may be interested in making them :)

wrx9181 06 October 2011 10:29 PM

Me too and other cf for newage and v5

Cammy5106 06 October 2011 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ginge ! (Post 10270237)
hold on to that for a few moments longer as i MAY have found someone who is REALLY interested in making one and is planning to become a trader on here in the next few days who makes carbon for other brands

as for importing from the states, ive never got involved in that as too many poss issues to deal with, id rather someone in this country rather than send abroad if i can

not to mention what happens if its crap quality and you have to send it back hassle, if its in this country you hope for less issues

im going to start a wish list of parts that i would buy and also a seperate list if REAL parts that REAL people would buy rather than a 100 dreamers who never part with cash ( though im one of them at the moment till i find a company i trust)

carbon rear bumper corner hockey sticks and P1 front spoiler and does anyone know the name of the plastic thing on the front of the rear wheel arch/door on the UK2000 impreza's are called, they done come on the imports though that ive seen :(

its like a sort of stone deflector

Mate you have just listed all the bits I want to carbon wrap :lol1:

I am kind of committed to the front spoiler now but for the price I can soon shift it on if need be..

winston69 18 March 2012 12:53 PM

Did this idea get anywhere?

Ginge ! 18 March 2012 12:58 PM

nope im afraid, i am going to carbon wrap my p1 spoiler but with real carbon,,, when i get the balls to that is lol

wrx9181 18 March 2012 06:02 PM

That will be difficult mate wow
Good luck

Kirstiestar 18 March 2012 06:07 PM

You can get them in America, looked into it but cost a small fortune to ship it!!

brendy76 18 March 2012 06:13 PM

The price of splitters cracks me up. A leon cupra splitter genuine, is around 28 quid. Mention japanese and everythinng goes up x5-x10 the price.

bigscottyboy 12 May 2012 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Kirstiestar (Post 10540210)
You can get them in America, looked into it but cost a small fortune to ship it!!

Group buy?