ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   running problems, point me in right direction please!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/908287-running-problems-point-me-in-right-direction-please.html)

blackcountryboy 05 October 2011 07:43 PM

running problems, point me in right direction please!!

the car is a 95 wrx import, drove the car fine yesterday, came to it today wouldnt fire, tried the alarm a couple of times still didnt fire. On about the 5 try it fired into life with a smell of petrol ok i thought it was flooded. I then noticed on acceleration (not hard normal) it seemed to be holding back slightly. I warmed it up and gave it a blast seemed to be holding back until it started to come on boost then everything was fine boosting up to the usual 16 psi no problem and pulled strong as usual:luxhello:. The problem is the holding back issue still remains had a bit of a search and came back with the following plugs? i know these havent been changed for at least 14 months or 7000 miles (recommended on here every 30,000). Maf shot? or a coil pack? what im confused about is why all of a sudden it wouldnt fire as i have never had an issue before. no check engine light either and i dont want to start changing things trying to find the problem im hoping somebody can point me in the right direction of the most likely cause. many thanks guys:thumb:

blackcountryboy 05 October 2011 08:15 PM

anybody?

scoobynelly 05 October 2011 08:19 PM

Hello mate,

does your cat have a cat? i had this problem a while ago on an old impreza and all it was was the cat sensor. Take it out, clean it softly with wd40 then pop it back it in.

give that a go mate,

cheers

wrxsti280 05 October 2011 08:27 PM

Doubt its plugs or coilpack as they usually show up faulty on boost rather than before boost, not that it isnt a possible.

blackcountryboy 05 October 2011 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by scoobynelly (Post 10269046)
Hello mate,

does your cat have a cat? i had this problem a while ago on an old impreza and all it was was the cat sensor. Take it out, clean it softly with wd40 then pop it back it in.

give that a go mate,

cheers

no cat mate full decat, was thinking lamda sensor possible?

addi monster 05 October 2011 08:39 PM

When it didnt fire was the fuel system priming??

blackcountryboy 05 October 2011 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by addi monster (Post 10269094)
When it didnt fire was the fuel system priming??

yes i could hear the fuel pump priming.

bigfarlz 05 October 2011 09:50 PM

Sell it mate, sounds knackered! :thumb:

blackcountryboy 05 October 2011 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by bigfarlz (Post 10269312)
Sell it mate, sounds knackered! :thumb:

cheers mate love you 2:thumb:

bigfarlz 05 October 2011 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by blackcountryboy (Post 10269406)
cheers mate love you 2:thumb:

Lol only jokin dude, let me know how u get on and I'll pick u up Saturday morning if ya still coming to powerstation with me. :thumb: