ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I suppose I should get married, but I need help! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/908129-i-suppose-i-should-get-married-but-i-need-help.html)

Hysteria1983 04 October 2011 07:02 PM

I suppose I should get married, but I need help!

Or a kick up the backside as I am told by my friends.

Basically me and Mr P will be celebrating out 10 year anniversary in December. Most of which we have been engaged for.
So... We want to start making some plans.

We want it to be low key, also we won't be having hundreds of people there, just the people who mean something to us, rather than feeding the faces of people you see once in a blue moon.

The trouble is, not being from around here, and not knowing the reputations of the places I have heard of, I don't know where to start :(

I'm hoping to get some ideas of some quaint or unusual places to get married and I am happy to go out of the area to find the right place.

Oh and I will probably need some flash cars for the groom, best man and 'other'.

DCI Gene Hunt 04 October 2011 07:03 PM

groan............ why spoil a perfectly good friendship?

Jamz3k 04 October 2011 07:06 PM

you've been living in sin for 10 years. Why bother changing the situation, you are already going to hell?

The only part I am not looking forward too in marriage is the actually wedding itself, I don't "do" family/emotional engagement crap.

Carlh 04 October 2011 07:09 PM

marriage is just a nightmare. fook that. been there, done that, cost me half of everything i ever owned lol

DCI Gene Hunt 04 October 2011 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Carlh (Post 10266935)
marriage is just a nightmare. fook that. been there, done that, cost me half of everything i ever owned lol

Only half?? :Suspiciou

TinyTim 04 October 2011 07:14 PM

S/N, where doom-mongering is thrown in for free...

DCI Gene Hunt 04 October 2011 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by TinyTim (Post 10266948)
S/N, where doom-mongering is thrown in for free...

It's a value for money based service :thumb:

bigsinky 04 October 2011 07:17 PM

why waste loads for a piece of paper. registry office, £100, job sorted

bigsinky 04 October 2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Carlh (Post 10266935)

fcuk me lad, and then some.

Lydia72 04 October 2011 07:44 PM

Congratulations :)
I guess it depends on how far you are willing to travel and how much you want to spend, a lot of places hear the 'W' word and add a nought on the end of their usual prices.

Hysteria1983 04 October 2011 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by bigsinky (Post 10266956)
why waste loads for a piece of paper. registry office, £100, job sorted

To be honest, that is what I want to do :) then a weekend honeymoon in some cottages. Mid winter, fire blazing and just having nothing else to worry about for a few days.

RobsyUK 04 October 2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 10267066)
To be honest, that is what I want to do then a weekend honeymoon in some cottages. Mid winter, fire blazing and just having nothing else to worry about for a few days.

^^^^ THATS how I proposed. Planned to do it at the Top of Ben Nevis came down with real man flu and couldn't leave the cottage. Half way through corry the deed was done. :D

We were together 8yrs and always said if we get engaged we would marry within 2yrs.

We were gonna do it in this cuntry but like you say it was gonna cost us £5k in food.

In the end we got Married on clearwater beach in Florida. We did three weeks at the theme parks, hired a car and I had the best time of my life. - untill the sting ray attack but thats a different story...

In total from booking the day to the wedding dress, flowers, flights EVERYTHING the total came to £10k!!!

Get married sooner rather then later as yur insurance will go down and if the worst happend you will be better off..

And you get a gift once a year - I better anyway ;)

TelBoy 04 October 2011 07:55 PM

A wonderful Wolverhampton wedding. :)

Even alliteration can't save it :(

I don't blame you for getting married. To "Mr P", i'd simply ask... why? :)

Hysteria1983 04 October 2011 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by RobsyUK (Post 10267072)
^^^^ THATS how I proposed. Planned to do it at the Top of Ben Nevis came down with real man flu and couldn't leave the cottage. Half way through corry the deed was done. :D

We were together 8yrs and always said if we get engaged we would marry within 2yrs.

We were gonna do it in this cuntry but like you say it was gonna cost us £5k in food.

In the end we got Married on clearwater beach in Florida. We did three weeks at the theme parks, hired a car and I had the best time of my life. - untill the sting ray attack but thats a different story...

In total from booking the day to the wedding dress, flowers, flights EVERYTHING the total came to £10k!!!

Get married sooner rather then later as yur insurance will go down and if the worst happend you will be better off..

And you get a gift once a year - I better anyway ;)

That sounds like fun! It's just not appropriate for us, with the children an all...

CrisPDuk 04 October 2011 07:56 PM

I can't stand half of my Mum's family, so we went all the way to Aviemore, over New Year, with close friends and immediate family :thumb:

bigsinky 04 October 2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10267076)

awwww Tel........there's me thinking I was the only one who read allerative verse. Street cred just went through the roof with me fella ;)

Hysteria1983 04 October 2011 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10267076)

Why what? Why get married?

TelBoy 04 October 2011 08:02 PM

Yes, why get married. What will it achieve except a messy divorce when it all goes wrong?

bigsinky 04 October 2011 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10267102)
Yes, why get married. What will it achieve except a messy divorce when it all goes wrong?

:nods: wise words from the Tel Meister

lozgti1 04 October 2011 08:27 PM

Thought I did well stringing the engagement out for 7 years!!

jonc 04 October 2011 08:32 PM

Well if you're gonna do it, do it soon, it'll all end in 2012!!

CREWJ 04 October 2011 08:33 PM

Congratulations :D

Chip 04 October 2011 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 10266917)

We want it to be low key, also we won't be having hundreds of people there, just the people who mean something to us

Like us, here on scoobynet then ;)

dpb 04 October 2011 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by lozgti1 (Post 10267160)
Thought I did well stringing the engagement out for 7 years!!

Whats an appropriate timespan to string out a pre-engagement ?

DCI Gene Hunt 04 October 2011 09:52 PM

23 years :D

fatscoobfella1 04 October 2011 09:55 PM

If you do get a shortlist of places i perhaps can pass comment on them for you..

My missus is a wedding cake maker and used to live in Solihull.We delivered to most wedding venues throughout the Midlands over the years..

I like New Hall in Sutton Coldfield,Nuthurst Grange in Hockley Heath and Coombe abbey in Coventry..

HTH...

Hysteria1983 04 October 2011 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10267102)

It would be nice for the children (not good enough?) and myself to all have the same name.

It's something that we pretty much had sorted 7 years ago, then I found out I was pregnant with Fin.
After deciding to have another child and then do thevwedding stuff I had just about got my head around starting organising it again. Sadly, my dad died.

I suppose another reason I want to do it, is so that I can have all the people with us for the wedding that we want. With my mum being in poor health I do think the worst.

Hysteria1983 04 October 2011 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1 (Post 10267441)
If you do get a shortlist of places i perhaps can pass comment on them for you..

My missus is a wedding cake maker and used to live in Solihull.We delivered to most wedding venues throughout the Midlands over the years..

I like New Hall in Sutton Coldfield,Nuthurst Grange in Hockley Heath and Coombe abbey in Coventry..

HTH...

Thank you, I will keep you in mind when I get organised.

dpb 04 October 2011 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 10267436)

Thank christ for that , for a moment i thought i might have embarrassed myself :o

Hysteria1983 04 October 2011 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 10267436)

I thought I was pushing it! :D