ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Hemel Hempstead (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/907421-hemel-hempstead.html)

The Dogs B******s 28 September 2011 10:35 PM

Hemel Hempstead

Wife is going down next week for a few days with work,I've decided to go with her and was wondering if there's anything local to keep me occupied while she's working? (No,I won't be w*nking myself silly)

what would scooby do 28 September 2011 10:43 PM

Hemel Hempstead = NULL

MMT WRX 28 September 2011 10:44 PM

I used to live the other side of the M1 in WGC. In my opinion mate let her go on her own...its a sh1t hole. :thumb:

BrownPantsRacing 28 September 2011 10:45 PM

Lol. Plenty to do round there mate. Largest indoor ski slope, bowling, pool, doging etc. We live in a quality area. Won't get bored. Lol

AsifScoob 28 September 2011 10:46 PM

Short answer is no.

You could go and visit the Dixons HQ and give my old boss a punch on the nose, otherwise, get the train from Hemel into London.

If the weathers nice, you can go and watch the eye candy around Central London - always a good distraction. :norty:

Asif

Simon C 28 September 2011 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s (Post 10258730)
(No,I won't be w*nking myself silly)

Oh yes you will as there is sod all in HH. You'll be in Milton Keynes or London.

The Dogs B******s 29 September 2011 07:09 AM

It sounds a great place:(

JackClark 29 September 2011 07:18 AM

Only place where I've been chased out of a pub by a bloke waving a Mace and have seen two women with black eyes walking around town. I have to get my international driving license from there, otherwise I'd never go.

DCI Gene Hunt 29 September 2011 08:00 AM

Why on earth would you even think of going there? seriously give the missus £50 wave her good bye and have a relaxing night on your own.... :D

BrownPantsRacing 29 September 2011 08:31 AM

You could always pop up to the Golden Arches at Jarmin park and say hi to some Chavs?

Nowt wrong with Hemel. lol. Coming from ting Tring we used to go to Hemel for stuff to do. And the fights of course!

SJ_Skyline 29 September 2011 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 10258908)
Only place where I've been chased out of a pub by a bloke waving a Mace

It must be an apple thing...

oldsplice 29 September 2011 09:10 AM

It's sh!te. I live in a village near there. Don't goooooooooo!!! :p

TelBoy 29 September 2011 09:26 AM

HH is indeed a craphole. I was in the B&Q there a few weeks ago and a more run-down, depressing place you'll have to go a long way to beat. All the hanging baskets in the world can't make a rough town a pleasant place. Avoid.

what would scooby do 29 September 2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10259019)
a more run-down, depressing place you'll have to go a long way to beat.

There speaks a man who has not been to Wellingborough :thumb:

SJ_Skyline 29 September 2011 10:26 AM

Tel, you've clearly never been to Merthyr ;)

TelBoy 29 September 2011 10:30 AM

Harlow's not great either :wonder:

PaulJC 29 September 2011 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10259080)
Harlow's not great either :wonder:

+1, and i get to see the worst side of it too... Still, there are worse places...

oldsplice 29 September 2011 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10259019)
HH is indeed a craphole. I was in the B&Q there a few weeks ago and a more run-down, depressing place you'll have to go a long way to beat. All the hanging baskets in the world can't make a rough town a pleasant place. Avoid.

I can't believe you were there and didn't come and see me! :mad: :p

TelBoy 29 September 2011 11:09 AM

I can :D

:luvlove:

cookstar 29 September 2011 11:21 AM

Granted, some of the pubs can be a little rough, but on the whole I'm happy there, as a quite a lot of my friends and family. But saying that I did move from Essex, so anywhere would have been an improvement.:)

jef 29 September 2011 11:25 AM

they do a cracking big fire every few years there do they not? ;)

TelBoy 29 September 2011 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 10259148)
Granted, some of the pubs can be a little rough, but on the whole I'm happy there, as a quite a lot of my friends and family. But saying that I did move from Essex, so anywhere would have been an improvement.:)

Ah come on, let's not turn it into an Essex bashing fest. I was in Ingatestone last weekend and as i've said many times, if you were taken there without knowing where you were going, you could have compared it with anywhere, and i mean anywhere in England. It is quintessentially English countryside, really beautiful. Essex isn't just Basildon, Pitsea or Rochford ;)

BrownPantsRacing 29 September 2011 11:31 AM

haha. Very true! They burn petrol like its going out of fashion!

what would scooby do 29 September 2011 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 10259159)
haha. Very true! They burn petrol like its going out of fashion!

I hear hemel is a boom town :D

cookstar 29 September 2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10259156)
Ah come on, let's not turn it into an Essex bashing fest. I was in Ingatestone last weekend and as i've said many times, if you were taken there without knowing where you were going, you could have compared it with anywhere, and i mean anywhere in England. It is quintessentially English countryside, really beautiful. Essex isn't just Basildon, Pitsea or Rochford ;)

You bit then. ;)

TelBoy 29 September 2011 12:01 PM

Well, i responded in a rational way to an irrational statement, yes :)

Clarebabes 29 September 2011 12:29 PM

If you can't ski/snowboard, book a course at the indoor place and then treat yourself to a ski holiday as far away from Hemel you can possibly get! Otherwise, I understand watching people on the magic roundabout is quite entertaining....

BrownPantsRacing 29 September 2011 12:38 PM

It is Magic!

Or go to Top Golf in Watford just down the road. Whilst your in Watford you could visit Lateral performance. :)

The Dogs B******s 29 September 2011 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by BrownPantsRacing (Post 10259267)
It is Magic!

Or go to Top Golf in Watford just down the road. Whilst your in Watford you could visit Lateral performance. :)

Might have to take my golf clubs.:thumb:

BrownPantsRacing 29 September 2011 03:13 PM

Good plan, best take your own. Last time I went there the head fell off the driver I borrowed!