ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Women ... are they just wired up wrong? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/907344-women-are-they-just-wired-up-wrong.html)

Flight 28 September 2011 01:57 PM

Women ... are they just wired up wrong?

So we're heading down to my in-laws with our new baby. It's a bit of a drive to get there. So she rings them as we set off to give them an ETA and says she'll text if we get stuck in traffic.

Unfortunately, the little one acts up so we have to stop halfway and feed him. This delays us by around half an hour. So as we pull out of the services ...

Me: "Best text your folks as we'll be half hour later than expected by my reckoning"

Her: "Oh, I was only going to text if we got stuck in traffic".

Me: "Why would they only want to know if we're late because of traffic? Do they have all other causes of lateness covered and they've just dropped the ball on the traffic angle so need you to text them? Surely, late is late and they just need to know?!?!?"

Her: Bloody hell, why are you so annoying

Me: Heh? Me?

Her: OK I'll text them then. Huff, Huff, Huff

Later .... at the parents

Her Dad: How are you love?

Her: I'm fine, just a headache. He said I needed to text you but I got a headache concentrating on the screen.

Me: :rolleyes:

markr1963 28 September 2011 02:10 PM

:lol1: Damned it you do, etc...

TelBoy 28 September 2011 02:24 PM

Young kids, the best way to test whether you'll be divorcing or not.

Gear Head 28 September 2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10258025)
Young kids, the best way to test whether you'll be divorcing or not.

So true! :thumb:

Hysteria1983 28 September 2011 03:04 PM

It won't take you too much longer to realise that ALL trips with children will cause you to be late.

alcazar 28 September 2011 03:15 PM

"A headache concentrating on the screen........." Love it.:D

My other half is unable to read in the car, so no map reading can EVER be done.
Which is a benefit, since I've glanced over to find her turning the map-book through 180 degrees.:eek:

I USED to tow a caravan over there. Someone once asked what it was like towing abroad. My answer: "Well, when you are towing, in heavy traffic, on the wrong side of the road, looking out for people coming in from the right without stopping, while trying to spot signs, traffic signs, traffic lights and road markings, and the kids are fractious in the back, there is no-one better than my wife..........to stick the map-book under my nose and say ' I don't know, YOU look' "!!!!!!!

Leslie 28 September 2011 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 10258076)
It won't take you too much longer to realise that ALL trips with children will cause you to be late.

And with the other half, you will never leave on time!

Les ;)