ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Exhaust Knowledge please ! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/907224-exhaust-knowledge-please.html)

ginger9860 27 September 2011 12:32 PM

Exhaust Knowledge please !

Hi guys ,

Recently purchased a turbo 2000 and im eager to make her loud.

I want it to be sreiously loud but with still keeping the subaru grumble.

I love the blitz system and i know this is loud but what do you know?

How have you made yours really loud ?

Thanks so much for your time.

Jim

alex_00s 27 September 2011 01:03 PM

The Blitz Nur Spec R is very loud!

Annoyingly loud...

I got 1 for sale if you're interested ;)

r1c 27 September 2011 01:24 PM

Blitz nur spec R is the way to go pal. :)

Micheru 27 September 2011 01:32 PM

Decat/sports cat is the way with no silencers. Kind of made mine loud unintentionally. Kakimoto N1 backbox, couple resonators in the centre pipe that gives it a nice tone rather than just being all bass. From what I've seen and heard on youtube Nur spec sounds similar to mine. Guess it depends on the downpipe and centre sections you have too.

I do get people turning around to see what's making the racket when I'm driving through town etc. :Suspiciou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIfiOmisC58

ginger9860 27 September 2011 01:51 PM

Awesome i think ive got a good idea of what im gonna do.

Will the blitz sound ok from cat back? or would you recommend anything else?

Thanks

Jim

addi monster 27 September 2011 02:00 PM

I have a full decat cobra system and its bloody loud

alcazar 27 September 2011 02:55 PM

Make it as LOUD as possible?

Great idea.........will you be back for MORE advice when the police start pulling you and looking for problems?

markb_s1 27 September 2011 03:17 PM

As said.. Blitz nur spec R if you want loud. mine's still pretty loud with the bung in, but thankfully JGM advised me to keep the bung in for now as removing it is likely to lean out the engine due to more boost!

Apparently it's nto even a nice kind of loud with the bung out... rather you than me mate!

alex_00s 27 September 2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10256544)
Make it as LOUD as possible?

Great idea.........will you be back for MORE advice when the police start pulling you and looking for problems?

He's ok, scooby newbie and I remember when I got my 1st scooby I wanted it as loud and lairy as poss ;)

Its a learning curve and as long as the car isnt driven like its open rally day, then he'll be fine. Old bill arnt all bad... unless you get pulled by a traffic cop who's havin a particularly bad day.

ginger9860 27 September 2011 03:55 PM

I can see peoples point here. Yes i want loud but what im more implying is that i want the grumble to remain.

I have just brought the turbo after having a non turbo.

I spent alot of money on the non turbo just getting anything out of it.

haha very rarely drive like on a rally day due to fuel prices!

Thanks everyone for your help and opinions.

Jim

alex_00s 27 September 2011 04:10 PM

Enjoy the scooby Jim... on here everyone is entitle to their opinions and you gotta get used to every1 being right about everything, lol.

There's alot of very knowledgable ppl on here and you'll get some top notch advice, but take from it what you will and the most important thing is enjoy your car! :D

rooferman 27 September 2011 07:45 PM

I have a titanium 3" straight through system on mine...it is ridiculously light.

Measured 116db at scooby shootout at 4500rpm.....

And 107db with bung......

I need to get a track friendly exhaust and am looking at the Revolution exhaust..Only Northampton so you could hear it if you wanted..

Grant Hay 27 September 2011 08:06 PM

Afterburner vortex is good value for money and is pretty loud also, if thats what you want

alex_00s 27 September 2011 08:53 PM

pm sent rooferman, my bro is in the market for a ti zorst