ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Is Japspeed any good?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/906246-is-japspeed-any-good.html)

Ricky 1982 19 September 2011 03:32 PM

Is Japspeed any good??

Hi guys I'm about to buy a sports cat and up pipe from Japspeed and now I'm just trying to find out if there any good or not and if anyone has had any issues with them any advise would be nice cheers

jura11 19 September 2011 04:06 PM

Up pipe is not the best,due is flexi and sport cat i would say is OK.

For Up pipe i would have look on eBay or here for OE STi up pipe or contact Harvey

Jura

Ed@Japspeed 20 September 2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 10243908)
Up pipe is not the best,due is flexi and sport cat i would say is OK.

For Up pipe i would have look on eBay or here for OE STi up pipe or contact Harvey

Jura

Have you had a problem with the up pipe? we sell loads of them we very rarely get an issue with one of our items, in fact I don't know of an issue with an up-pipe since I began work here in February?? :confused:

As for our sports cats there selling like hot cakes, So that must mean were selling them to cheap to you guys!! :thumb:

jura11 20 September 2011 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ed@Japspeed (Post 10245701)
Have you had a problem with the up pipe? we sell loads of them we very rarely get an issue with one of our items, in fact I don't know of an issue with an up-pipe since I began work here in February?? :confused:

As for our sports cats there selling like hot cakes, So that must mean were selling them to cheap to you guys!! :thumb:

As for Up pipe,from my point of view is oversized and flexi joint on Up pipe can melt(i've seem few,but not japspeed,just ebay jobbies).

For sport cat i can say great price and great product:thumb:

Jura

RAVENLEON 20 September 2011 07:58 PM

I had a sports cat and system fitted to my 07 Hawk and loved it!!
Whatever I pick up in the next month will get the same treatment !!

Ed@Japspeed 21 September 2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 10245830)
As for Up pipe,from my point of view is oversized and flexi joint on Up pipe can melt(i've seem few,but not japspeed,just ebay jobbies).

For sport cat i can say great price and great product:thumb:

Jura

Hi Jura,

Thank you for your response, so you have had no experience with a Japspeed up-pipe or one failing? But you recommend not purchasing our item to another member :wonder:

We have them in stock if you wish to get in touch and try it for your self.
This would then give you the opportunity to give your verdict and opinion on the product. :idea:

Let me know if I can help :)

Regards
Paul

craigyp 21 September 2011 12:32 PM

I have there 3" de cat down pipe on and had no prob at all... So now I've even put my name down for the fmic let's just hope it's up to the job as I've no feed back about these yet. But like I said if it's like the decat downpipe should be fine :)

RetroMk1 21 September 2011 12:38 PM

I have a Japspeed FMIC on my track scoob and its the muts nuts, temps are down and staying down after long sessions and it looks cool as f**k lol

jura11 21 September 2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ed@Japspeed (Post 10246983)
Hi Jura,

Thank you for your response, so you have had no experience with a Japspeed up-pipe or one failing? But you recommend not purchasing our item to another member :wonder:

We have them in stock if you wish to get in touch and try it for your self.
This would then give you the opportunity to give your verdict and opinion on the product. :idea:

Let me know if I can help :)

Regards
Paul

Hi Paul

All Up pipe looking like same,if its Japspeed or no,still is made by same company(or i assume has made),i've before similar on mine,has not fail(at 350bhp),but my mapper just said its oversized and will restrict the flow,nothing more and i wouldn't put on my new build this up pipe,because i'm using now GT spec headers and this will be for me step backwards and not sure if this will be wise.

About the downpipes and sport cats,quality is OK and same i would say about the FMIC,great kit for great money

Jura

jono300 21 September 2011 01:19 PM

Be interesting to here from ED@japspeed again regards the flexi design off the uppipes as likewise was put off when I enquired on here regards them, was obvioulsy attracted by there seemingly low price compared to other uppipes ( typical scotsman eh ??! ) but as I say was put off by folk saying this flexi design was not recommended.

EmzWRX 21 September 2011 01:26 PM

I have a full 3" Japspeed exhaust, and have issues with rattling from the up-pipe which proper drives me nuts :cry:, which someone told me was quite common, I'm convinced its from being sent the wrong system in the first place, was a classic system for my Hawkeye, Japspeed did change the backbox as it sat in completely wrong place but was told the other pipes was the same.:wonder:

.....I did try to PM Ed@Japspeed and didn't even get a answer....:confused:

RetroMk1 21 September 2011 01:37 PM

The heat shield from the uppipe is held in place by being connected to the heat shield on the down pipe, if you change your downpipe then the up pipe one rattles, had to put a few weld tacks on mine to stop it rattling, until i change the uppipe anyway. not sure if yours is the same but that was mine.

Ed@Japspeed 21 September 2011 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 10247020)
Hi Paul

All Up pipe looking like same,if its Japspeed or no,still is made by same company(or i assume has made),i've before similar on mine,has not fail(at 350bhp),but my mapper just said its oversized and will restrict the flow,nothing more and i wouldn't put on my new build this up pipe,because i'm using now GT spec headers and this will be for me step backwards and not sure if this will be wise.

About the downpipes and sport cats,quality is OK and same i would say about the FMIC,great kit for great money

Jura

Our up-Pipes are designed to work best with our headers, They are designed for maximum flow.
We have been selling these for the last 8 years and never had someone state that an oversize up-pipe restricts flow when compared to a standard unit??

Jamo 21 September 2011 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 10247020)
Hi Paul

Jura

The OP asked about Japspeed systems, you have no experience of them, so why bother posting anything?

plus the above makes no sense to me at all.

James

jura11 21 September 2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ed@Japspeed (Post 10247331)
Our up-Pipes are designed to work best with our headers, They are designed for maximum flow.
We have been selling these for the last 8 years and never had someone state that an oversize up-pipe restricts flow when compared to a standard unit??

But OP don't want the spend money on headers too(which can result in slower spool),he want the Up pipe and i told you what i know.

And for best advice about the Up pipes i would ask here Harvey,which have experience with Up pipe more than like me.Harvey Up pipe are proven by many people

And last word about the flexi Up pipe the flexi up pipe would create more turbulence, which "could" reduce effiency and horsepower.

Second thing uppipe with a larger than stock diameter results in noticable turbo lag over another up pipe of stock-like diameter...

These are maybe my point of view,but someone with more experience prove me i'm wrong

Jura

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 10247371)
The OP asked about Japspeed systems, you have no experience of them, so why bother posting anything?

plus the above makes no sense to me at all.

James

He asked about the Up pipes and i told him what i know and best possibly answer is:Please contact the Harvey here for best possible solution or stick with STi up pipe.

Jura

Henrik 21 September 2011 09:32 PM

I'm with Jura regarding the up-pipe - a flexi before the turbo is bound to upset flow, and too large a diameter will slow exhaust gas speeds down, which may well lead to slower spool. If it was my car, I'd go for the GT spec headers, or possibly the Harvey Smith up-pipe as a cheaper option.

I've got the Japspeed FMIC on my car, though, and it's spot on. They were also easy to deal with and it got delivered next day.

Ed@Japspeed 22 September 2011 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 10247371)

James

Exactly. We do everything we can to provide great prices and top quality items to you guys, its frustrating when we hear negative comments from somebody who has no experience with the part in-question. :brickwall

Anyways, Lets get back to providing you with more deals. :luxhello:

Ryan Hawkins 07 April 2013 09:22 PM

I'm jumping on this thread a bit late but I have just got myself a jap speed headers it's spec 1 with the flexi I have been told that they are poor quality welds are week the flexi will break in a couple of months up pipe diameter is to big and that will give me lag and will lower the bhp but it said in the write up you will gain up to 25bhp. They are going on this week il see how I get on with them

Mustoe91 07 April 2013 10:30 PM

Well I have a newage 3" japspeed cat back exhaust on its way, and I've heard good things about japspeed, will be looking to get High Flow Sports Cat in the next couple of weeks to hopefully this will transform the sound of my car and the grunt

Sam

The Trooper 1815 08 April 2013 12:01 AM

Holy thread resurrection.

BlueBugEye 08 April 2013 07:17 AM

Basically the accepted theory with headers/up-pipes is this.

Under 400bhp go for ported headers with a matched (to your turbo spec) slip jointed up-pipe (going tubular too early will increase lag, likewise too large a bore up-pipe will increase lag).
Over 400 consider switching to tubular headers (GT Spec) with again a matched slip jointed up-pipe.

A couple of examples, I switched my std headers to Harvey ported and my up-pipe from Magnex decat (3') to Harvey ported and slip jointed and gained over 300 rpm spool and 40bhp when remapped (2.0 running an APS SR40 turbo @ around 370bhp)
Switching from the above (no longer correctly matched to the turbo due to a turbo swap) to GT Spec headers and matched up-pipe I lost around 100 rpm spool but kept the same power at 0.1bar lower boost (2.5 running MD321x @440bhp)

bigphilbaby 10 April 2013 11:49 PM

I have japspeed super core rad and touch wood very impressed, I am however confused how ebay seller selling these brand new is cheaper than there website( I paid 135.15)

K3ogh_sti 10 April 2013 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 55684