ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   The charity for this year's Tunnel Run is..................... (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/906165-the-charity-for-this-years-tunnel-run-is.html)

lorrainecallison 18 September 2011 11:44 PM

The charity for this year's Tunnel Run is.....................

This year we have decided to go 'local' again and have picked the Special Baby Care Unit at Basildon Hospital.
I'm a bit prejudiced myself because I worked there for 16 years so know first hand what brilliant care is given to sick and premature babies. Also my own kids were premature babies and were looked after by this unit for several weeks :thumb:
Unfortunately a lot of the equipment needed is mega expensive, eg incubators £18-27 0000, but there are some smaller items, such as apnoea mattresses (placed under a baby to give an alarm if he stops breathing), or infusion pumps (which deliver accurate amounts of intravenous drugs) which are around £1000. Last year the tunnel run raised just over £1000 so it may be that we can buy one of these items outright or perhaps put the money towards a bigger piece of equipment; I will liaise with the staff there nearer the time.
Hope this is OK with everyone and that we can raise a good sum of money again this year :luxhello:

wongy 19 September 2011 10:06 AM

That's great Lorraine thanks for doin this :)

Cocker 19 September 2011 10:11 AM

Sounds like a well worth cause but can i ask how is this decided? Next year would it be possible to consider the charity i work for?

www.theplace2be.org.uk

xkellyx 19 September 2011 11:27 AM

Ok last year i wasnt happy doing the run, as to me ive always felt the the ESC was about Essex Air Ambulance and didnt really like the change of charity. This year tho as SBCU are close to my heart as my son was born 10 weeks premature i will being attending, he was never looked after by basildon but was at Queens hospital and King Georges and i feel these nurses are very overlooked and do a fantastic job!!

See you all there x

lorrainecallison 19 September 2011 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cocker (Post 10243378)
Sounds like a well worth cause but can i ask how is this decided? Next year would it be possible to consider the charity i work for?

www.theplace2be.org.uk

It was just decided between the few of us organising the run this year; last year the run, albeit very well organised, was kind of taken out of ESC hands a bit so we wanted to bring it back to Essex this year.
TBH the logistics of organising the run are demanding enough without thinking about consulting everyone about their charity preferences, but certainly if I am involved next year I would be more than happy to take on any suggestions as to other worthwhile charities and to have someone who could liaise with that charity (ie you!) would be very helpful :)
Hope this is OK :thumb:

B4D HK 20 September 2011 09:43 AM

A wonderfull cause! West mids Imprezas will be 100% supporting the ESC and this event :)

We all cant wait

H (can ESC organisers please liaise with me asap 07873 838 208)

AWG 20 September 2011 09:13 PM

Top job guys and girls. Me and Charlotte are really looking forward to this.

:thumb: :notworthy :thumb: :notworthy :thumb: