ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Big thanks to JGM (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/905923-big-thanks-to-jgm.html)

TH3_5T1G 17 September 2011 12:46 AM

Big thanks to JGM

Would like to say a massive thanks to Simon (Jolly Green Monster) for his amazing knowledge and help today (well, started at 21:15 tonight :eek:) putting a running in map on my car

Top guy and could not recommend more :thumb:

Anyone who is thinking of mapping their car, choose Simon. He will not disappoint :notworthy

71/200 17 September 2011 01:28 AM

I wouldnt use anybody else simples!

need4speeduk 17 September 2011 02:01 AM

You wont go wrong with Simon chaps.

I was at SRR one day when a guy was having his car mapped. Simon had a look over the car, found that the turbo was limiting any more real power being gained and said to the guy he didnt want to charge him for a map when no real gain above maybe 20 bhp would be gained. Told the guy to get A B and C sorted and then bring it back.

How many mappers would be as honest as that?

Si had already mapped 4 or 5 others cars while I was there andd everyone went away happy, especially the guy he saved however much for a un needed remap.

Top man is Simon.

jeffmoses 17 September 2011 06:11 AM

Second time I've seen a massive thank you to Simon today and I've got booked in next week and looking forward to it :)

andy00v7 17 September 2011 08:39 AM

Running in map Tom . What have you been up to ? Did you build a engine out of the cdb block you bought ages ago ?

Andy

TH3_5T1G 17 September 2011 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by andy00v7 (Post 10240266)
Running in map Tom . What have you been up to ? Did you build a engine out of the cdb block you bought ages ago ?

Andy

I sold the EJ20 cdb i had Andy. Someone was selling an unrun 2.35 with fully built heads as a bargain price so i snapped that up. Also picked up a GT35R rotated kit and a few more goodies to add to the mix :)

We'll have to meet up at the pod someday mate, it's been too long

TH3_5T1G 17 September 2011 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by 71/200 (Post 10240152)
I wouldnt use anybody else simples!

+1 :thumb:

TH3_5T1G 17 September 2011 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by need4speeduk (Post 10240163)
You wont go wrong with Simon chaps.

I was at SRR one day when a guy was having his car mapped. Simon had a look over the car, found that the turbo was limiting any more real power being gained and said to the guy he didnt want to charge him for a map when no real gain above maybe 20 bhp would be gained. Told the guy to get A B and C sorted and then bring it back.

How many mappers would be as honest as that?

Si had already mapped 4 or 5 others cars while I was there andd everyone went away happy, especially the guy he saved however much for a un needed remap.

Top man is Simon.

Totally agree. I've experienced his honesty first hand too. When i had my first ever map by Simon, one of the AVCS solenoids had stopped functioning. Took quite a while of his time on the dyno setting it all up etc and still didnt charge me for mapping (I paid £20 to Charlie for dyno time). He told me to change the solenoid and come back. Really is a top bloke :notworthy

TH3_5T1G 17 September 2011 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by jeffmoses (Post 10240193)
Second time I've seen a massive thank you to Simon today and I've got booked in next week and looking forward to it :)

You definately made the right decision there mate :thumb:

andy00v7 17 September 2011 09:40 AM

That sounds very nice Tom I wouldnt mind a 2.35 . We are all up the pod tomorrow as it's the jap show
Andy

TH3_5T1G 17 September 2011 09:53 AM

Damn, can't make tomorrow. Forgot all about the Japshow

Any other dates you got planned?

andy00v7 17 September 2011 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by TH3_5T1G (Post 10240358)

I think it was the last one we were going to this year . I will pm you the next time we go Tom by then your beast will be run in . What sort of power are you hoping for ?
Andy

Blue by You 17 September 2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by TH3_5T1G (Post 10240358)

Don't want you around showing us all up :lol1: ;)

Sounds tasty Tom. What clutch are you using?

TH3_5T1G 17 September 2011 06:27 PM

Same one as before - ACT SB4-XTSS

Rated to 576 ft lb of torque and the yanks over on NASIOC reckon they hold more than that. Very very good clutch and feel near stock to drive

I won't be showing anyone up for a long while yet, even 50cc hairdryers will see me off at the mo :brickwall

Having said that, done my first oil change today as i racked up 50 miles soi'm on my way to getting it all run in. Hoping for near 600 with 450-500 torque when all run in. Maybe 650 with 550ish with meth... Or atleast i'd be over the moon with those kind of figures :)

Jolly Green Monster 17 September 2011 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by TH3_5T1G (Post 10240134)
Would like to say a massive thanks to Simon (Jolly Green Monster) for his amazing knowledge and help today (well, started at 21:15 tonight :eek:) putting a running in map on my car

Top guy and could not recommend more :thumb:

Anyone who is thinking of mapping their car, choose Simon. He will not disappoint :notworthy

No problem Tom. Sorry it was later than I planned, took longer at scoobyclinic using their dyno than I expected and then the usual m1 traffic ;)

Car looks great btw.

Simon

dunx 18 September 2011 12:05 AM

Simon, give me shout next time you are up this way please...

dunx

Jolly Green Monster 18 September 2011 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 10241530)
Simon, give me shout next time you are up this way please...

dunx

sent you PM on 22 about an hour ago :)

TH3_5T1G 18 September 2011 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster (Post 10241443)
No problem Tom. Sorry it was later than I planned, took longer at scoobyclinic using their dyno than I expected and then the usual m1 traffic ;)

Car looks great btw.

Simon

It's no problem, i know you're a busy man and appreciated the fact you worked that late on a friday night to help me out. (i'm sure if those half naked ladies weren't dancing in the street you would have been a bit more eager to get away :norty:)

As for the car looking good, thank god it was too dark to see :lol1:

Cheers mate and looking forward to the fitting of the syvecs ;)

Jolly Green Monster 19 September 2011 03:47 PM

Naked ladies in the street ha ha ha!
I should have taken pics.