ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Is it a bad Time??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/905686-is-it-a-bad-time.html)

johnnyboy1969 15 September 2011 10:46 AM

Is it a bad Time???

Hi Folks,

I'm after a bit of help. Ive had my 2006 2.5WRX up for sale for about three months now and had only a couple of tyre kickers interested. Its the Black model with full leather, sun roof etc etc etc and is immaculate with 30k on the clock.
I ve had it up for 7500. Im no expert and am not a trader but doe's this seem too much??
Also where would be the best place to sell apart from on here??

Any help would be appreciated

Jon Boy :thumb:

EmzWRX 15 September 2011 11:58 AM

You tried Pistonheads?

I would personally say that it's a little too much, mine going up for sale soon and know that it's not gonna be worth much even with the mods I've done...

The tax will also be putting people off purchasing these cars......

Just my option though

cuprajake 15 September 2011 12:18 PM

sign of the times, high insurance, tax and petrol mean unless its the dream car they dont sell

craigyp 15 September 2011 12:22 PM

To be fair think it's a bit pricey IMO. I was going to sell my 05 sti 38k fsh 340bhp for 8k

Tidgy 15 September 2011 12:25 PM

afraid they arn't sellign for what there worth,

quick sale means way under value
medium term sale, under value
long term no sale, what there worth

after all its what someone is prepared to pay.

johnnyboy1969 15 September 2011 12:54 PM

Is it a bad time

Thanks guys,

I was wondering if the high tax etc had a lot to do with it. I've just been looking on pistonheads and they seem to vary anything from 6.5k up to 9k, that's why I had mine up for 7.5k. Seemed resonable at the time!
Maybe I'll go for higher 6-7.

Cheers folks

Jon boy

Tidgy 15 September 2011 12:55 PM

they wont sell at that higher figue, your not far off sti money at that and people wont pay it.

afraid its def a buyers market

BLOB EYE 15 September 2011 03:12 PM

also down to how good your add is.

this is not mine, just a guy on another website, forget the price thats not what im pointing at,

its the presentation and information, a buyer wants to know that the car is been well looked after and if your prepared to go to the extra in the add to show everything then it catches the buyers eye,

this is one of the best that i have seen IMHO.

Clicky

Micheru 15 September 2011 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by BLOB EYE (Post 10237486)
also down to how good your add is.

this is not mine, just a guy on another website, forget the price thats not what im pointing at,

its the presentation and information, a buyer wants to know that the car is been well looked after and if your prepared to go to the extra in the add to show everything then it catches the buyers eye,

this is one of the best that i have seen IMHO.

Clicky

That's one hell of an advert. I'd agree if I was looking at buying a new car I'd want a good account of what it has had done to it, nice quality photo's etc before I consider driving 200 miles to view it.

Most of the time I'd say the advert can sell the car assuming there's nothing major that's left out which is discovered at viewing.

micky 15 September 2011 05:01 PM

very good ad that , does make a difference .

lordharding 15 September 2011 07:13 PM

Fantastic advert
That should be a sticky of how a professional advert should read