ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Child abuse victims accuse pope of crimes against humanity (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/905663-child-abuse-victims-accuse-pope-of-crimes-against-humanity.html)

Dedrater 14 September 2011 11:01 PM

Child abuse victims accuse pope of crimes against humanity

VATICAN CITY — An international group for victims of sexual abuse by priests said Tuesday it was asking the International Criminal Court to prosecute Pope Benedict XVI for crimes against humanity.

The Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests (SNAP) said it had filed a complaint calling on the ICC to "take action and prosecute the Pope" for "direct and superior responsibility for the crimes against humanity of rape and other sexual violence committed around the world".

International law experts said the case may not go very far because the ICC prosecutor only investigates complaints if asked to do so by the United Nations Security Council, by a state that has ratified the Rome Statute, or on his own initiative. The ICC also investigates crimes, not people.
But in their statement, the hard-hitting organisation said the ICC's jurisdiction "names rape, sexual violence assault, and torture as crimes against humanity."

"It also provides for individual criminal liability for those with command or superior responsibility over those who directly commit such crimes," it said

The rest.....

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...7de30564a7.5b1
Please God, I hope some form of case is brought forward.

what would scooby do 14 September 2011 11:08 PM

Downfall of the king of the peados ?

jods 14 September 2011 11:13 PM

Pfffft - Like THAT'S gonna happen. Over a Billion Catholics on the Planet, let's say each Cleric has a flock of 500 - That's still a 2 Miillion Priests. With all the hierarchical Structures up to the Pope - That's gotta top 1.1 Billion people in the organisation at least.

Can you honestly say the Pope should carry the can for every cleric?

By all means - Take the perps to court!

what would scooby do 14 September 2011 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by jods (Post 10236893)
Pfffft - Like THAT'S gonna happen. Over a Billion Catholics on the Planet, let's say each Cleric has a flock of 500 - That's still a 2 Miillion Priests. With all the hierarchical Structures up to the Pope - That's gotta top 1.1 Billion people in the organisation at least

That's a lot of AIDS !

Jamz3k 14 September 2011 11:25 PM

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. That sentence sums up the Christian religion, especially the Catholic church in my opinion.

pimmo2000 15 September 2011 06:56 AM

lol .. like they can get to him .. anything he needs becomes Gods will and all the crazy religious fokes (no offence) are at his mercy ..

Leslie 15 September 2011 09:36 AM

Anyone who knowingly allows that sort of thing to go on in an organisation when he could stop it deserves to get it in the neck of course.

Power can corrupt in any case you like to mention. The basic rules of a particular organisation might be perfectly straight down the line but the problem is the moral outlook of the people who are in the organisation. People are not in any way perfect, some less than others of course.

Les

wrathchild_78 15 September 2011 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10236910)
Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely. That sentence sums up the Christian religion, especially the Catholic church in my opinion.

Do not, even for 1 sec, believe that the Orthodox church is any better!!
Same ****!

Many many years ago, there was a scandal with priests at Agio Oros (a place that only monks+priests live) after several kids were raped. I don't recall anyone getting punished!

cster 15 September 2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10236910)

Very wise words indeed!