ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   newbie (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/905577-newbie.html)

lippy1923 14 September 2011 12:41 PM

Hello,

Im new to this forum so bare with me :)

I 22 and buying my first scoobie. Its a 2005 impreza wrx 300 ltd with a hell of a lot of mods on it. 57k miles. It looks in good condition, new tyres, full service history etc.
Does anyone know the average sort of buying price I should be paying? The dealer wants £10k but I've got it to £8.2k now.
Any questions that need answering feel free to ask :)

Thanks

Jamo 14 September 2011 12:57 PM

Hi welcome to SCOOBYnet ;) id want to know if the mods have been supported by a decent map, id also want to know who did the map and if its possible to get it updated in the future.

it would be nice to talk to the previous owner to find out why it was moved on if its had so much spent on it. anyway welcome to SCOOBY ownership ;) :king:

lus7y 14 September 2011 01:26 PM

Welcome mate.

I have been looking at upgrading my impreza for a while looking at different models, and this one I have seen varies from £7,000 to £10,500 (ultra low mileage).

Going by those prices and not looking at the car I would say 8.2k is getting towards a fair price.

justin_watson 14 September 2011 01:43 PM

Hiya mate welcome! Jeez 22 with a modded WRX, what's your insurance like??

NINJA ED 14 September 2011 01:44 PM

Welcome m8 :thumb:

Shaks-STI 14 September 2011 01:54 PM

the easy part is to buy a Scooby when you have cash but its hard to get it insured plus you need to declare all your mods as well so find out what the mods are and get a quote then decide if you can handle it.

And Welcome.

Pink_Floyd 14 September 2011 02:58 PM

At 8.2K I'd have thought you're into STi territory? As others have said insurance might be an issue and you may find a STD STi would be easier to insure than a modded WRX. Unless the WRX has had a major fettle the STi is a better base car anyway.

CREWJ 14 September 2011 03:04 PM

Welcome to SNet :D

I'd love to hear what insurance you're paying on that!?

lippy1923 15 September 2011 12:34 PM

Thanks for all your comments. I have done the deal now. Got it for £8.2 with 1 years MOT, replaced exhaust and new brakes as well.
Insurance isnt so bad. Got a quote from Admiral with all the mods for £1002 for me and my other half fully comp.
It was discounted as part of a multi car deal, as my other car was due for renewal at the same time. Best deal I could find. Some placed quoted me £9k!!! :eek:
The car was being sold because pervious owners where moving and it was to expensive to keep. It was his pride and joy apparently. I am going to ask for his contact details so I can have a chat with him about it.

lippy1923 15 September 2011 01:32 PM

Also added a few piccies to my profile :)

djsparra 15 September 2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by lippy1923 (Post 10237376)
Also added a few piccies to my profile :)

Lovely looking motor matey, I don't think everyone will agree with all those stickers. But I like it:thumb::thumb::thumb: