ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Best couriers for sending engines.....??? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/904888-best-couriers-for-sending-engines.html)

Danger-Ras 09 September 2011 08:42 PM

Best couriers for sending engines.....???

Hi guys,
i need to send my engine to aberdeen asap. I have been looking into couriers and found a couple at half decent prices (palletways, parcelbroker etc) but they all seem to have a prohibited items list and all of them have Engines on!!!
Does anyone know of a good/not too expensive courier that i can send my engine with?
Any help would be greatly appreciated....

NINJA ED 09 September 2011 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Danger-Ras (Post 10228201)
Hi guys,
i need to send my engine to aberdeen asap. I have been looking into couriers and found a couple at half decent prices (palletways, parcelbroker etc) but they all seem to have a prohibited items list and all of them have Engines on!!!
Does anyone know of a good/not too expensive courier that i can send my engine with?
Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Have you tried paisley freight m8 theyre good and nextday aswell. Just out of curiosity why you sending engine up here :D

mickywrx 09 September 2011 08:49 PM

Could try Paisley Freight, they use City Link quite a lot to deal with the freight though, and as I work for City Link, we've been told not to accept "Dirty Freight" - ie Engines etc.

Too many retards don't drain ALL the oil out of engines, some don't drain any of the oil out, hence the "dirty freight" tag.

wrx287 09 September 2011 09:27 PM

Someone like Palletways or Palletline would be worth a try. I work for Yodel as a courier and we are not allowed to carry anything over 25kgs.

Matt2732 09 September 2011 11:26 PM

I drive for a company that does palletways, always see engines going through so shouldn't be a problem.

Whoever you use make sure its well secured to a GOOD pallet, not some flimsy smashed to pieces piece of crap one!

Danger-Ras 10 September 2011 09:10 AM

Thanks for the advice guys, i think i might try calling palletways and explaining to them that i have the engine but all fluid has been drained so its a 'clean' freight. lol
The pallet i have is a pretty much brand new one, pretty sturdy so should be ok.
If anyone has sent an engine with a couier they can recommend please feel free still to message me tho. Many thanks

Matt2732 10 September 2011 11:52 AM

I would be very suprised if it is a problem, had a quick look on palletways website and can't find a list of any items they won't take. Whereabouts did you see that out of interest?

Kirstiestar 10 September 2011 12:46 PM

I used parcels 2 go, £80 from Scotland to Surrey and they were great :)

MOTORS S GT 10 September 2011 02:18 PM

I always use Canute Distribution, good price, never any problems, 01708 867001
They take my built rally engines to Stornaway & back.

Matt2732 10 September 2011 06:38 PM

May well have gone palletways in that case as i see canute lorries at palletways each night.

Scooby Parts 10 September 2011 08:40 PM

Speedshift. Thats who I send all my engines with. There the cheapest Ive found.

You can also book a tail lift for collection or delivery.

99jdee 10 September 2011 11:32 PM

i normally send them via pidgeon mail, strap it on the pidgeons leg, give it some seed, then send him on his way.. lol

Danger-Ras 11 September 2011 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Matt2732 (Post 10228972)
I would be very suprised if it is a problem, had a quick look on palletways website and can't find a list of any items they won't take. Whereabouts did you see that out of interest?

I tried to book palletways via http://www.collectmyparcel.com/terms.html
if you look under prohibited items it says engines but im guessing this is actually just a general rule for anything booked through this website, not palletways t&cs....

Matt2732 11 September 2011 05:25 PM

Perhaps just book direct with palletways or palletline ect? Think its Jack Richards thats the agent for palletways in your area.