ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   All dressed up and no where to go (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/904736-all-dressed-up-and-no-where-to-go.html)

AWG 08 September 2011 07:50 PM

All dressed up and no where to go

How's this for typical, just about to leave for the half way house and the bloody car won't start! The remote central locking lets me in, I turn the key once as normal but when I press the immobiliser button it doesn't make a clicking sound and the dash lights fade.. I take the key out and the alarm chirps once.

I step outside lock the doors and the alarm chirps twice! Never had this happen before, hoping that it won't turn over due to a flat battery and nothing else!

Any body had this before?

:confused:

Tiny 08 September 2011 08:31 PM

Oh yes sounds very familiar that mate - Flat battery deff , best get yourself a trickle charger & leave it on if not using the car for a while .

AWG 08 September 2011 08:37 PM

Phew...! I'll ask the missus to take us to Halfords tomorrow then. Take it I can leave the battery in and all wired up? My only concern is that the alarm goes off when i'm not here or even worse tonight and I can't shut the fcuker off!

Tiny 08 September 2011 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by AWG_STi (Post 10226352)
Phew...! I'll ask the missus to take us to Halfords tomorrow then. Take it I can leave the battery in and all wired up? My only concern is that the alarm goes off when i'm not here or even worse tonight and I can't shut the fcuker off!

Mine if got so low would then in turn set the alarm off , yes sometimes @ 2 - 3am in the morning :eek: NOT GOOD :lol1:

Then it was a case of connecting the trickle charger & everything was fine , hope that's all it is with yours mate :thumb:

AWG 08 September 2011 09:15 PM

Bugger! If (god forbid) the alarm does go screaming in the night any recommendations on how to shut it up other than :content: ?

Or will the bob still work?

Spec'c'57 08 September 2011 09:24 PM

Disconnect the battery NOW lol been there @ 3am before.

Darc174 08 September 2011 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57 (Post 10226488)

Same last Friday !

Whist me and the misses was *cough* busy

AWG 08 September 2011 09:30 PM

Oh no! of all the times to chose to go off!

Tiny 08 September 2011 09:31 PM

Lol yes i meant to add that to my post !! :thumb:

AWG 08 September 2011 09:36 PM

lol...well that won't be me tonight, think i'll be sleeping with one eye open!

How much are new Calciums these days anyway? Just incase the battery is up the creek!

53 08 September 2011 11:17 PM

+1 feckin thing :)

Booster pack is a life saver. Use it to fire the battery enough to de-arm the deadlock via the immob button in the position 2 of the ignition then lock using the key in the door, (having popped the bonnet first ;)) then take off the negative terminal connector :)

AWG 08 September 2011 11:24 PM

So I can leave the battery all wired up when using the trickle charger?

Spec'c'57 09 September 2011 09:31 AM

Most of them should be ok. I have an accumate at home and a ctek here at work and both are ok with battery connected.

Nurse Gladys 09 September 2011 11:05 AM

As our last & current Scoobs were only weekend cars we use a battery conditioner to trickle charge it - just means it starts every time we want it to!

Just a note of caution - leave something on the steering wheel / dash to remind you its connected - just saves any mishaps! :thumb:

simon57 09 September 2011 06:34 PM

£80 odd quid from halfrauds...But if you can get a trade card knocks it down to £50...

just done mine...again.:mad:

But then have you seen the brallie uk thread on there batteries..

AWG 10 September 2011 12:19 PM

Just this minute got it sorted, last night had it on jump for half hour and still nothing. Halfords didn't have one in so had to bite my lip and call the guys in orange. Sorted me out and now i'm back on the road Wahoooo!

He had the old one at 3.2v and said if its that low it would be hard to get it back up. It was hassle but I just wanted to be out driving so I'm happy now. A bit fcuked off I missed Half Way guys. Wouldn't mind but it started fine Sunday - comes Thursday not a sausage..:brickwall

Cheers guys for your thoughts, you're clearly a bunch of sex addicts!

:notworthy :thumb: :notworthy

AWG 10 September 2011 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nurse Gladys (Post 10227201)
As our last & current Scoobs were only weekend cars we use a battery conditioner to trickle charge it - just means it starts every time we want it to!

Just a note of caution - leave something on the steering wheel / dash to remind you its connected - just saves any mishaps! :thumb:

Next purchase - Battery Conditioner!