ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Pistonheads? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/903982-pistonheads.html)

Jamz3k 02 September 2011 09:27 PM

Pistonheads?

Do the people who use that forum have an opinion that isn't straight out of the mouth of Jeremy Clarkson?

Sorry but this site has been dreadfully quiet, so i've been sampling other places.

Myles 02 September 2011 09:28 PM

You slut! I think there are a few participants who actually do know what they are talking about, but there are also some that have been caught out pretending they own Astons etc!!

Jamz3k 02 September 2011 09:31 PM

I seen J4CK0 over there. As i was reading his threads, I got a little disgusted as though he was cheating on us.

He also seems to be much funnier over there, as if we're his warm up crowd to try new material, then he goes over there and shows them the good stuff!

Myles 02 September 2011 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10216968)
I seen J4CK0 over there. As i was reading his threads, I got a little disgusted as though he was cheating on us.

He also seems to be much funnier over there, as if we're his warm up crowd to try new material, then he goes over there and shows them the good stuff!

Hmmm, a sense of humour is frowned upon in here........

Jamz3k 02 September 2011 09:41 PM

On the plus side, I still aint paid my TV licence!

Myles 02 September 2011 09:42 PM

AAAARGH! Dont open that Pandoras box again!!! :thumb:

Jamz3k 02 September 2011 09:47 PM

I might as well, I watched Doctor Who? last week. It was ****E! I went to my missus after it, "I'm bloody well glad I didn't pay to watch that ****!"

We both laughed.

GC8 02 September 2011 09:59 PM

PH is full of powerfully built goateed company directors who drive (re-mapped) BMW535Ds and send care packages to Bill Gates, because he is so poor.

All forums bring out the worst in the many of their users, but PH has more than its fair share of bell-ends.

Still: its far better than SN is now, sadly.

Jamie 02 September 2011 10:24 PM

I use it all the time have done for the last seven years :)

mamoon2 02 September 2011 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 10217012)
All forums bring out the worst in the many of their users, but PH has more than its fair share of bell-ends.

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10217040)

:D

GC8 03 September 2011 12:36 AM

fast bloke 03 September 2011 12:42 AM

Does that mean it is f**ked then?

Jamie 03 September 2011 12:46 AM

Nope unlike some car forums.

Hysteria1983 03 September 2011 01:05 AM

Yes, you put it about a bit don't you? ;)

Lisawrx 03 September 2011 01:24 AM

Out of curiosity, what is so wrong here?

I'm genuinely asking for constructive criticism. I don't know what may happen as a result, and don't want this to turn into some bitchfest, just some reasonable points to reflect on if things are so bad.

Jamie 03 September 2011 01:35 AM

Nothing is wrong on snet lisa :)

You just get the same old twats complaining every now and then!

Oi raver i thought you were older than 28 not in a bad way ;)

ALi-B 03 September 2011 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 10217189)

I'm genuinely asking for constructive criticism. I don't know what may happen as a result, and don't want this to turn into some bitchfest, just some reasonable points to reflect on if things are so bad.

Its full of people that keep posting saying how crap it is :smug:

Will 03 September 2011 03:18 AM

I did register on PH. I had to wait 14 days to post in the lounge. I only asked if anyone fancied a bum and I got banned with in 30 seconds of posting the thread :lol1:

There are a load of bell ends on there though, including Jamie :D

Gear Head 03 September 2011 07:39 AM

Nothing wrong with this site. Some people just moan as they have nothing else to do!

DYK 03 September 2011 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Will (Post 10217210)
I did register on PH. I had to wait 14 days to post in the lounge. I only asked if anyone fancied a bum and I got banned with in 30 seconds of posting the thread :lol1:

There are a load of bell ends on there though, including Jamie :D

:lol: lmao will
I wonder if that is a PH ban record time for new member.:lol1:

I think SN rules has become a little PC over recent months.

Myles 03 September 2011 08:29 AM

I must admit that a number of sellers/traders have been protected on here by all the thread locking. Surely it is in the best interests of the people who pay to keep this site running to let them know about the sellers/traders who have a less than high standard product? It all leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Just my opinion, not looking to start some 50 page thread on the rights and wrongs of moderation (censorship), but we were asked what is 'wrong' with SN.

Hysteria1983 03 September 2011 10:00 AM

I don't think anything is wrong, I just think some people like a change. I am a member on several different forums. PH, is not the most recent one I have joined, but it is interesting over there.

I also joined one of their spin off sites, now that place is very interesting!

MickWrx 03 September 2011 10:38 AM

The grammar police are playing their part in pulling this site down, don't get me wrong I'm not talking about txt type, just their or there bought or brought Ive I've I have.

I see many newbies come on here post a decent enough thread, only to get torn down because of their spelling and grammar often belittling and degrading them, can we not have a little leniency for those who did not get an 'A' in English grammar.

I can read through a thread and deal with them getting 'there' theres wrong without the need to tell them they are retards and not worthy of posting. yes I know what I did there.

Jaybird-UK 03 September 2011 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 10217189)

Much lower activity on NSR than there used to be and the same old comments about hating iPhone, Top Gear, etc

JTaylor 03 September 2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by MickWrx (Post 10217435)
The grammar police are playing their part in pulling this site down, don't get me wrong I'm not talking about txt type, just their or there bought or brought Ive I've I have.

I see many newbies come on here post a decent enough thread, only to get torn down because of their spelling and grammar often belittling and degrading them, can we not have a little leniency for those who did not get an 'A' in English grammar.

I can read through a thread and deal with them getting 'there' theres wrong without the need to tell them they are retards and not worthy of posting. yes I know what I did there.

Capital 'Y', please.

Myles 03 September 2011 10:46 AM

I confess I have pulled up someone on grammar as a retaliation for spelling of the word 'licence'.
I do think though, that the grammar aspect is the last bastion of the beaten argument. People seem to get called out on grammar when they have obviously won a debate with another member, or if they are new, which frankly is pathetic.

andythejock01wrx 03 September 2011 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 10217384)
I don't think anything is wrong, I just think some people like a change. I am a member on several different forums. PH, is not the most recent one I have joined, but it is interesting over there.

I also joined one of their spin off sites, now that place is very interesting!

Do tell! What's it called and what's the chat like?

MickWrx 03 September 2011 10:47 AM

JT, It is not the capitalization of the Y that is wrong I'm afraid it is the full stop should have been a comma. Cough cough nob cough cough :D

Jaybird-UK 03 September 2011 10:47 AM

This was a classic example, new guy posting (SN+ member too) get ripped apart for his grammar. Most of the offending posts seem to have been removed but you'll get the idea....

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ll-witham.html

JTaylor 03 September 2011 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by MickWrx (Post 10217451)
JT, It is not the capitalization of the Y that is wrong I'm afraid it is the full stop should have been a comma. Cough cough nob cough cough :D

This should be lowercase, Mick.