ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   i-phone unlock (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/903810-i-phone-unlock.html)

peter zippy reid 01 September 2011 06:33 PM

i-phone unlock

hi i contacted vodafone for the unlocking code for my i-phone 4 got an e-mail back tell me they have unlocked it and to put a different network sim in then do a software reset did this but when i put an o2 sim in it just says no service even when i go into settings and choose o2 it says restricted am i doing something wrong or have vodafone not unlocked it cheers

Ant 01 September 2011 07:15 PM

connect it to itunes

antdye2008 01 September 2011 07:17 PM

sure you have to connect it to itunes mate, a popup should come up stating its been unlocked and you can choose your perferred network i think

peter zippy reid 01 September 2011 07:26 PM

have connected it to itunes and thats where i did the software reset as the email from vodafone said to do that but still nothing how do vodafone unlock it without sending me a code number to put in cheers

Ant 01 September 2011 07:35 PM

they just do, unlock codes are a thing of the past.

did you do a reset with the o2 sim or the vodafone? try it with the o2 as first start up it'll look for activation which connecting to itunes will sort out

peter zippy reid 01 September 2011 07:45 PM

ive just erased everything so that when i turn it on its just showing the picture telling me to connect to itunes so i have done that with my o2 sim in and now its done a sync but saying no service

peter zippy reid 01 September 2011 07:46 PM

could it be that its a new o2 sim and i havent topped it up with credit

beanys 01 September 2011 07:48 PM

you have to do a full restore on ya fone download it and install when connected to itunes , then you will get the message you have unlocked the phone , just beware to make a back up before you do it , i didnt and lost all my pics :((

peter zippy reid 01 September 2011 07:56 PM

ive done a full restore erased everything from my fone then when i plug the wire into my laptop it doesnt mention anything about it been unlocked just says would you like to do a sync from my back up

beanys 01 September 2011 07:59 PM

it took 3 days from when i asked for it to be unlocked until it worked , but you deffo have to do a full restore and it deffo will say congratulation you phone is now unlocked maybe ring voda fone back up , i also had to give them my ime off phone i take they ask you as well m8

Ant 01 September 2011 08:02 PM

re-do it here http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/UnlockCodeRequestForm/

peter zippy reid 01 September 2011 08:18 PM

when i erased it then synced it with itunes its showing the o2 fone number under my serial number but once its finished my fone says no service so i have redone the unlock form will see what happens now cheers

JackClark 01 September 2011 08:39 PM

I didn't need to erase or restore anything and I've done two.

peter zippy reid 01 September 2011 08:54 PM

it was the email i got from vodafone told me to do a restore then put my o2 sim in but it keeps coming up no service dont no if its just the o2 sim

Cannon Fodder 01 September 2011 08:58 PM

When I unlocked my iPhone 3G with o2 it took around 3 days for the unlock to work, I then connected to iTunes and the iPhone was unlocked.

I'm pretty sure I had a text/email when the unlock was complete as well. :)

JackClark 01 September 2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by peter zippy reid (Post 10215336)
it was the email i got from vodafone told me to do a restore then put my o2 sim in but it keeps coming up no service dont no if its just the o2 sim

Any other phones in the house?

peter zippy reid 01 September 2011 09:22 PM

yes blackberrys well one left the other two are at carfonewarehouse cause they are sh1t

beanys 02 September 2011 12:00 AM

do a manual search for networks in setings that should get u a signal :thumb:

peter zippy reid 02 September 2011 06:58 AM

I did a manual search its shows the other networks but when i pick o2 it says the network you have picked is restricted

peter zippy reid 02 September 2011 05:20 PM

thanks for everyones help thats it working now cheers

Cannon Fodder 02 September 2011 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by peter zippy reid (Post 10216526)
thanks for everyones help thats it working now cheers

Was it a case of just waiting for the process to complete?

peter zippy reid 02 September 2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10216541)
Was it a case of just waiting for the process to complete?

Yes vodafone sent me an email 2days ago saying it was unlocked tried the o2 sim today now its working and vodafone did it for free as im over twelve months of my contract

peter zippy reid 02 September 2011 05:53 PM

Only problem now is i did a factory default now i have to do all my angry bird again

Ant 02 September 2011 09:56 PM

If you backed up it should of saved your progress

peter zippy reid 03 September 2011 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10217008)
If you backed up it should of saved your progress

cheers ant when i connected it back up i went back to my back up on thursday everything back again all angry birds complete again :thumb: