ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Looking for a new car - help needed (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/903670-looking-for-a-new-car-help-needed.html)

Nurse Gladys 31 August 2011 08:15 PM

Looking for a new car - help needed

As most of you know a couple of weeks ago, in his hunt for some cheap venison, Ark managed to total my car (much to the amusement of many of you :lol1:)

It is almost certainly a write off & I am therefore looking for something to replace the delightful Smart Car I have on loan (again another cause of great p!ss taking :Whatever_)

Anyway, as I have not bought a new car for sometime I was after some advice on motor traders & how to find a good one and avoid the dodgy ones.

Any advice would be gratefully received.:thumb:

Thanks

Milamber 31 August 2011 08:22 PM

I'd make sure you get a car with a warranty and a fully documented service history. I've heard horror stories about some unscrupulous dealers so ,ake sure you do some research about them on the Internet first.

mrs_b4 31 August 2011 08:27 PM

Oh dear Hils thats a shame what sort of car are you looking for? I have heard of some dodgy dealers too,maybe avoid another scooby;)

Milamber 31 August 2011 08:30 PM

Certainly by from someone you trust, someone prepared to stand by their word and do the decent thing if it all goes wrong.

j999jmp 31 August 2011 08:37 PM

Are you looking for brand new? What budget and any preffered car?

a5h 31 August 2011 08:52 PM

Give some details about what your looking for I.e. Budget, must haves no of doors, power do you want to mod.

I would surggest taking Richard from FB tuning with you. For a modest fee he came with me to buy mine and made sure I got a good car and saved me more than his fee.:thumb:

Cornelius 31 August 2011 09:04 PM

Beware of cars that the seller says just needs TLC - Terrific Loss of Cash!!

Spec'c'57 31 August 2011 09:14 PM

Reliable, good history and no hidden gremlins I'm sure.

Arkwright 31 August 2011 09:29 PM

Preferably with cashback ?

Gangsta Smurf 01 September 2011 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nurse Gladys (Post 10213451)
As most of you know a couple of weeks ago, in his hunt for some cheap venison, Ark managed to total my car (much to the amusement of many of you :lol1:)

It is almost certainly a write off & I am therefore looking for something to replace the delightful Smart Car I have on loan (again another cause of great p!ss taking :Whatever_)

Anyway, as I have not bought a new car for sometime I was after some advice on motor traders & how to find a good one and avoid the dodgy ones.

Any advice would be gratefully received.:thumb:

Thanks

what's wrong with the Smart ... Robbroy drives one and (if you have ever met him) doesn't really have any problems with P!ss takers :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:notworthy:notworthy:n otworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Buy another smart car .... much better than any scoob

Gangsta Smurf 01 September 2011 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nurse Gladys (Post 10213451)

on a serious note, my experience is ...

Being wary of the new analibel rules basically go to registered scoob dealer and buy there. cost more short term but less long term .... if you have warranty even better ...

Spec'c'57 01 September 2011 01:36 PM

Robroy LOVES his smart, i also thinks its hilarious when you see him get out of it.

kin quick 01 September 2011 01:39 PM

no one bodged his engine then!

Spec'c'57 01 September 2011 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by kin quick (Post 10214587)
no one bodged his engine then!

:lol1: Im sure IF they did it would have been sorted before he collected it.

Gangsta Smurf 01 September 2011 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57 (Post 10214606)
:lol1: Im sure IF they did it would have been sorted before he collected it.

na he's a pussssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Spec'c'57 01 September 2011 01:52 PM

We all now he is BUT if you met him in a dark alley :eek: ;)

Even worse if he had the GIMP mask on.

yellowvanman 01 September 2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Spec'c'57 (Post 10214623)
We all now he is BUT if you met him in a dark alley :eek: ;)

Even worse if he had the GIMP mask on.

Ok, cue the gimp mask piccy.................:D

Nate 01 September 2011 07:49 PM

:lol: