ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   booking in for cambelt and service, what else? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/902343-booking-in-for-cambelt-and-service-what-else.html)

lloyd6240 22 August 2011 08:56 AM

booking in for cambelt and service, what else?

hello all. i have my03sti ppp blob and booking in at scoobyworld for a cambelt and service today or tomorrow. owned it for about 3 weeks so getting it done for piece of mind. it has a Ecutek remap, 3" decat, whiteline annti roll bar polly bushes all done, my question id i have about £500 and what to do firtst. was thinking of a 3 gauge set?
recomendations for any mods you sugest, remembering my £500 ish buget.
thinks

tubbytommy 22 August 2011 09:10 AM

as you already have whiteline arb maybe an anti lift kit.

morpheus1870 22 August 2011 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by lloyd6240 (Post 10197664)
hello all. i have my03sti ppp blob and booking in at scoobyworld for a cambelt and service today or tomorrow. owned it for about 3 weeks so getting it done for piece of mind. it has a Ecutek remap, 3" decat, whiteline annti roll bar polly bushes all done, my question id i have about £500 and what to do firtst. was thinking of a 3 gauge set?
recomendations for any mods you sugest, remembering my £500 ish buget.
thinks

Was in a similar situation not too long ago.

For piece of mind I gave the car a full service including cam belt. This is what my break down was for all the parts:

Spark Plugs - NGK PFR7B Platinum Spark Plugs @ £37.20 - Camskill.co.uk
Engine Oil - Millers CFS 10w-50 Competition Full Synthetic Engine Oil - 5 litres @ £45.36 - Opie Oils
Gearbox Oil - Millers CRX LS 75w-90 NT Competition Full Synthetic Transmission Oil - 5 litres @ £74.25 - Opie Oils
Diff Oil - Fuchs Titan Race SYN 5 75w-90 Fully Synthetic Gear Oil - 1 lire @ £11.38 - Opie Oils
Air Filter - Green Performance Panel Filter @ £44.78 - Scoobyparts Ltd
Cam belt - Gates Cam Timming Bet Kit @ £229 - Import Car Parts
Fuel Filter @ £6.90 - Import Car Parts
Oil filter & sump washer -Blueprint Oil Filter @ £4.50 - Import Car Parts

Total approx: £226.66 (including the cam kit)

Maybe go for a full alignment too? At least this way you have a good base to start from and piece of mind that both the handling and the engine is running good.

tubbytommy 22 August 2011 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by morpheus1870 (Post 10197686)
Was in a similar situation not too long ago.

For piece of mind I gave the car a full service including cam belt. This is what my break down was for all the parts:

Spark Plugs - NGK PFR7B Platinum Spark Plugs @ £37.20 - Camskill.co.uk
Engine Oil - Millers CFS 10w-50 Competition Full Synthetic Engine Oil - 5 litres @ £45.36 - Opie Oils
Gearbox Oil - Millers CRX LS 75w-90 NT Competition Full Synthetic Transmission Oil - 5 litres @ £74.25 - Opie Oils
Diff Oil - Fuchs Titan Race SYN 5 75w-90 Fully Synthetic Gear Oil - 1 lire @ £11.38 - Opie Oils
Air Filter - Green Performance Panel Filter @ £44.78 - Scoobyparts Ltd
Cam belt - Gates Cam Timming Bet Kit @ £229 - Import Car Parts
Fuel Filter @ £6.90 - Import Car Parts
Oil filter & sump washer -Blueprint Oil Filter @ £4.50 - Import Car Parts

Total approx: £226.66 (including the cam kit)

Maybe go for a full alignment too? At least this way you have a good base to start from and piece of mind that both the handling and the engine is running good.

lol i think your calculator is broken fella
although i totally agree as i would change the above items first for peace of mind

L.J.F 22 August 2011 09:31 AM

While the cambelt is being changed it would be a good idea to have a A.p.i modified oil pump fitted for peace of mind as over time the original pump becomes less reliable.

lloyd6240 22 August 2011 09:36 AM

Anti Lift kit and alignment all done. :-).

lloyd6240 22 August 2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 10197708)
While the cambelt is being changed it would be a good idea to have a A.p.i modified oil pump fitted for peace of mind as over time the original pump becomes less reliable.

Oil pump sounds good, should I go for new and better fuel pump to as it's pushing 323 HP now but hoping for about 380 to 400 within 6 months.

Shaks-STI 22 August 2011 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 10197708)

i would also replace the water pump as its driven with the same belt would have done same milage if its not yet been changed, if the water pump goes then would cost you the labour again.:thumb:

tubbytommy 22 August 2011 09:43 AM

if you have ppp the fuel pump should already be uprated, but as morpheus has said i would change all the servicable items i.e. oil and filters first for piece of mind and to make sure its running correctly.
but at the risk of starting a what engine oil thread i think 10w 50 is a little thick for sti and saps power slightly. i use 5 w 40 fully synth

L.J.F 22 August 2011 09:51 AM

Speak to David @ A.p.i engines about their modified oil pumps, they offer a exchange service where the new pump will only cost you £130ish.

legb4rsk 22 August 2011 10:47 AM

Oil pump & water pump replacement appears to be overkill to me on a £500 budget.
Does this model in particular or Subarus in general have problems in this area?
I have not seen much about them failing on this forum.

lloyd6240 22 August 2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 10197822)
Oil pump & water pump replacement appears to be overkill to me on a £500 budget.
Does this model in particular or Subarus in general have problems in this area?
I have not seen much about them failing on this forum.

good question. and my £500 buget is after the cambelt and service.