ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Price of 45K service and body service (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/90185-price-of-45k-service-and-body-service.html)

jjk 24 April 2002 01:36 PM

Folks

I have been quoted 170 for body service, and 440 for the 45 service. (main dealer)
Does this sound reasonable?
I know that I can get this a bit cheaper elsewhere, but the guys who service the car have supplied and serviced from new.
Is it worth going elsewhere to save a few quid, but without the cars history?

cheers

jas

Jolly Green Monster 2 24 April 2002 04:26 PM

Prices sound similar for the 45k as I have paid at an independent..

assuming that is including the cambelt change then that is a good price.. body service seems to vary a lot from what people have said on here.. anywhere between £130 and £200 off the top of my head..

Go for it..

JGM :)

Scott W 24 April 2002 04:34 PM

Which main dealer was that, as I've got my 45k very soon? :(:confused: Was it Mill Lane? :confused:

ScoobyJawa 24 April 2002 04:45 PM

I got my 45k at Mill Lane and final cost was about 390quid, that was in Jan.
Cheam quoted about 380 with SIDC discount inc. and Mill Lane just price matched.

They quoted about 130 for the body service but the first wasn't done before I bought the car so didn't bother (also I got in touch with the supplying dealer and they said not to bother too ;))

snowcrash 24 April 2002 04:49 PM

hmm my 30k service cost £420quid (dealer) and that was the same price at 2 dealers (last saturday)...

if you guys get your 45 cheaper down there - i might have to pop down ;)

Brun 24 April 2002 05:52 PM

What's this body service all about? never heard of this one before.

Jolly Green Monster 2 24 April 2002 06:01 PM

Basically they slap lots of under seal under the wheels arches and stuff like that and repair any problems I think.

Only from what I have seen on here as I have not had mine done..

Someone correct me as I hope they do more than that for £130+

JGM :)

CHRIS_D 24 April 2002 07:41 PM

i had my 45k done at the beginning of this month at anthony betts, cost was £380, however i got it for £348 with 10% SIDC discount.

Anthony Betts is in Milton Keynes BTW, which is about 90 miles from basingstoke;)

jjk 25 April 2002 07:39 AM

cheers guys.
At Mill Lane it is 155 for body service and 410 for the 45K service.
Bel and Colvill is a touch more, but think I will still go there as they know the history since day 1 and have their stamps in my book throughout.

I have always found them to be good though.

jas

Brun 25 April 2002 08:25 AM

Sorry, but i still can't get over this body service thing. Is it REALLY required? Do all you Scoobsters get this done or do ya think sod it, waste of time?!?!?!

jjk 25 April 2002 08:32 AM

Hi Brun

From what I understand:
With the scoob you get a 6 yr body anti corrosion warranty.
Every year to maintain the body warranty you are supposed to have this body service.
They coat the entire under side of the car with a wax to protect it from the elements.
My car is nearly 3 yrs old and will have had 3 serivces when i get it done next month.
I assume that for the next 3 years I have to do the same to maintain the warranty. Someone correct me if I'm worng.

The coating will make the car smell for a few days, but spose it will be worth it.

I will find out when I take it in to see you have to get it done every single year.

Jas

Brun 25 April 2002 08:51 AM

Cheers mate?

Vate 25 April 2002 11:15 AM

Body service
6 year warranty for rust from the inside out.
Not paintwork (12 mths!)
yr1 body service
repeated at yr3.
Not just under the car but also 'injecting' waxoil into the car at various points to protect the panels from behind etc.
If you plan to keep the car it is advisable to get it done.
I expect that every 2yrs thereafter will keep it tip top indefinitly.

ScoobyJawa 25 April 2002 11:27 AM

Jap cars aren't done - anyone had any probs with a 93/94 WRX? I certainly haven't heard any........

My car wasn't done before I bought it - I spoke to the supplying dealer who told me Subaru made good cars and that rust etc was not really an issue so the car would be fine without it done.....

suffolkscoob 25 April 2002 11:44 AM

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I am a bit concerned about the use of different materials, e.g. Aluminium bonnet, steel wings. IIRC the original Range Rovers has a problem with the tail-gates (steel on an aluminium body) rotting away vefry quickly, any one out there know the science behind this (?? Sacrificial corrosion??) and is it likely to be an issue with my MY01 WRX ?

Thanks

Bill

suffolkscoob 25 April 2002 05:28 PM

bttt

simon_prickett 25 April 2002 05:45 PM

Paid £425 for 45k, body service and MoT from a Subaru dealer.

jjk 26 April 2002 08:16 AM

Where was that from Simon?

jas