ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   I lost my ipod ... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/901822-i-lost-my-ipod.html)

NAF 18 August 2011 04:52 PM

I lost my ipod ...

in the gym last Monday apparently

Only noticed it today at the gym when I took my headphones out of my gear bag

Just on the off chance I asked a staff member if anyone had found a silver ipod shuffle

She told me that she had found it herself on the floor on Monday and had put it away

She went to retrieve it but after some time came back and told me that she couldnt locate it but would keep searching and ring me later when she found it

Still waiting for the phone call ..

Question is If they cant find it even though I had lost it should they replace it???

boxst 18 August 2011 04:57 PM

That is interesting. I would assume that any further interaction with the staff member she would deny all knowledge as some liability is with the Gym if she found it and 'put it away'.

Good luck :)

NAF 18 August 2011 04:59 PM

Yea I can see this one not panning out too well :rolleyes:

ScoobyDoo555 18 August 2011 04:59 PM

ooo. Tough one.

On the one hand, a staff-member has (albeit verbally, unless there were witnesses) admitted finding it and putting it to one side......

On the other, the Gym could state the usual "property is left at the owners risk, blah blah blah...."

Depending how well you know them, or how long you've been going there (ie how much money you've spent there :D), you might get a goodwill gesture in the worst case.......

The Zohan 18 August 2011 05:13 PM

somewhere there will be a sign that says that personal is is the responsibility of the owner of the property or words to that effect. Your property - your responsibility unless damaged or ruined though negligence of the owner of the gym or their employees

Even of someone says they saw and put it away it then it is not their responsibility, especially once it has left their sight, who knows who else has access to where it was put staff or members...

if it has gone write it off to experience and be a little more careful:)

By the grace of god go i - i left my phone in a shopping basket in Budgens the other week! luckily it was still there 20 mins later when i went to use it and found it missing.

musso2010 18 August 2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 (Post 10192005)
ooo. Tough one.

On the one hand, a staff-member has (albeit verbally, unless there were witnesses) admitted finding it and putting it to one side......

On the other, the Gym could state the usual "property is left at the owners risk, blah blah blah...."

Depending how well you know them, or how long you've been going there (ie how much money you've spent there :D), you might get a goodwill gesture in the worst case.......

yeah. probably a years free membership lol.

RobsyUK 18 August 2011 05:15 PM

was the finder fit?

NAF 18 August 2011 05:38 PM

Well she works in a gym so I imagine she uses the threadmills etc couple times a week ... :p

lol ;)

Wish 18 August 2011 05:51 PM

Let her bring it back in tomorrow ... bet It's been taken home

jonc 18 August 2011 06:55 PM

If she can't locate it and she is fit, then perhaps she could compensate you in some way.....:norty: