ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   P1767 ERROR CODE STEERING wheel angle sensor (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/901577-p1767-error-code-steering-wheel-angle-sensor.html)

juggers 16 August 2011 02:58 PM

P1767 ERROR CODE STEERING wheel angle sensor

Has anyone had any issues with there dccd on a grb? It's in locked mode and just keeps flashing and doesn't respond even if i try and change the setting. I had a similar issue with a hawk once and it's thrown up the same error code which is p1767 steering wheel angle sensor. On the hawk it's part of the clock spring does anyone know if it's the same with the GRB (HATCH)?

Don Clark 16 August 2011 03:12 PM

Replied to your other thread.............:thumb:

juggers 16 August 2011 03:24 PM

cheers don!

Suberman 18 August 2011 01:51 AM

Similar thing happened to my GRF uk hatch STI as well. It is the clock spring thing behind the steering wheel in my case. Did you remove the steering wheel Immy?

juggers 18 August 2011 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by Suberman (Post 10191262)
Similar thing happened to my GRF uk hatch STI as well. It is the clock spring thing behind the steering wheel in my case. Did you remove the steering wheel Immy?

no i've not don it yet, did you do it yourself or did you get the dealer to do it?
From my understanding the wire on the clock spring comes away and needs to be soldered back on?

Immy

Suberman 19 August 2011 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by juggers (Post 10191271)
no i've not don it yet, did you do it yourself or did you get the dealer to do it?
From my understanding the wire on the clock spring comes away and needs to be soldered back on?

Immy

No, the wheel was not removed, but the steering rack was. I wanted to swap out the rack for a JDM 13:1. Rack and labour was supplied by a shop no stranger to such mods.

Soldered? :wonder: No, apparently the sensor measures in microns and as much as it moves a little, you'll need to get it reset by the dealer. I still have no idea how the fellas from rallysportdirect do it (when they install the prova suede steering):wonder: Think you've seen the thread started in iwsti.com

juggers 19 August 2011 04:34 AM

Originally Posted by Suberman (Post 10192923)
No, the wheel was not removed, but the steering rack was. I wanted to swap out the rack for a JDM 13:1. Rack and labour was supplied by a shop no stranger to such mods.

Soldered? :wonder: No, apparently the sensor measures in microns and as much as it moves a little, you'll need to get it reset by the dealer. I still have no idea how the fellas from rallysportdirect do it (when they install the prova suede steering):wonder: Think you've seen the thread started in iwsti.com

I took it to Subaru,but they couldn't knock them off they just come back on.
Is that who you used rallysportdirect direct?

Immy

Suberman 20 August 2011 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by juggers (Post 10192935)
I took it to Subaru,but they couldn't knock them off they just come back on.
Is that who you used rallysportdirect direct?

Immy

I don't know how the dealers are run over there, but a dealer with support from FHI should be able to set it right. If not, it sounds like you may need a new sensor. Sorry, forgot to mention, i needed a new sensor in the end. AFAIK, once the the steering wheel or rack is removed, the sensor would need to be reset.

No, not rallysportdirect. A local workshop who works on imprezas and porsches.