ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Vigilantes in Enfield (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/900632-vigilantes-in-enfield.html)

Chip 09 August 2011 09:32 PM

Vigilantes in Enfield

Just seen on Sky news that there is a group of 70 young men patrolling the streets of Enfield to try to stop or break up any trouble. When asked why they were doing it they stated that it was because the police were not doing anything to stop looting , fighting etc so they would have to do it themselves by making citizens arrests etc.

What a terrible mess this country has become.

The Dogs B******s 09 August 2011 09:35 PM

Good on em

Chip 09 August 2011 09:38 PM

They'll probably be arrested for civil disobedience ;)

FlightMan 09 August 2011 09:40 PM

Are you watching Cameron?!

Chip 09 August 2011 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 10178200)
Are you watching Cameron?!

No , whats he on?

Shaun 09 August 2011 09:45 PM

I think he meant "Are you watching, Cameron?!" ;)

Chip 09 August 2011 09:46 PM

Oh yeah :D

Chip

andythejock01wrx 09 August 2011 09:49 PM

Managed to resist that. :lol1:

Steve_PPP 09 August 2011 11:41 PM

This is apparently the gang of Brits in Enfield - going around *with* the Police to break up any rioting. When i first watched it, i thought the silver Chrysler was gonna get smashed up. But nobody touches it, nobody is throwing anything. And nobody is covering their faces as they're not causing trouble.

http://www.twitvid.com/DWZPW

Good on em, I say :thumb:

chrispy200+ 09 August 2011 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 10178375)
This is apparently the gang of Brits in Enfield - going around *with* the Police to break up any rioting. When i first watched it, i thought the silver Chrysler was gonna get smashed up. But nobody touches it, nobody is throwing anything. And nobody is covering their faces as they're not causing trouble.

it's not ideal but the wankers sure aren't going to be so cocky in front of a lot of very pissed off people, good on them, take the streets back

f1_fan 09 August 2011 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx (Post 10178224)
Managed to resist that. :lol1:

Priceless thread :D :D The beauty of punctuation :D

Chip 10 August 2011 08:27 AM

:D

David Lock 10 August 2011 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178395)

eats shoots leaves etc :thumb:

dl

The Zohan 10 August 2011 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 10178375)

Depends on the definition of 'Brits', i saw a number of Asian (I am guessing Sikhs) in the group wearing orange bandanas. Good on them whoever they are, it needs ordinary people from the communities to stand shoulder to shoulder with the police to send out the message that this anarchy will not be tolerated.:)

Hammer man 10 August 2011 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178395)

Shouldn`t there be a full stop before a capital letter?;)

BlkKnight 10 August 2011 09:45 AM

It's going to end in tears when the vigilantes are confronted with an armed gang who are willing to go one step further up the violence ladder.

alcazar 10 August 2011 09:47 AM

I love the bit about the police not doing much. Hasn't Cameramoan spent the last 18 months reducing their numbers?

And watching the Eton toff on TV last night, I was impressed that he had got the number of police on the streets of the capital from 6000 to 16000, (from where? At whose cost?), but not one single word on what he would be/was doing for Manchester/Birmingham.:)

Don't they matter? Oh, sorry, forgot..........not the South East, don't y'know?

JTaylor 10 August 2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by The Zohan (Post 10178571)
Depends on the definition of 'Brits', i saw a number of Asian (I am guessing Sikhs) in the group wearing orange bandanas. Good on them whoever they are, it needs ordinary people from the communities to stand shoulder to shoulder with the police to send out the message that this anarchy will not be tolerated.:)

There are plenty of EDL Sikhs.

The Zohan 10 August 2011 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10178631)
There are plenty of EDL Sikhs.

Why bring the EDL up?

Clarebabes 10 August 2011 10:04 AM

These rioters need to remember that they could be a lot worse off than they think they are. Why should the world owe them anything? What do they do for themselves? Typical of this type, I've seen it all before through my work. The hand-out state will provide, why should they? :mad:

JTaylor 10 August 2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by The Zohan (Post 10178639)
Why bring the EDL up?

A) Owing to numerous reports I've read that it was the EDL, hence "Eng-er-land, Eng-er-land" etc.

B) You questioned the definition of 'Brits' by a previous poster because there were Sikhs among them, so I thought I'd add that the twain do meet. Ok? :thumb:

fivetide 10 August 2011 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10178622)
I love the bit about the police not doing much. Hasn't Cameramoan spent the last 18 months reducing their numbers?

And watching the Eton toff on TV last night, I was impressed that he had got the number of police on the streets of the capital from 6000 to 16000, (from where? At whose cost?), but not one single word on what he would be/was doing for Manchester/Birmingham.:)

Don't they matter? Oh, sorry, forgot..........not the South East, don't y'know?

You should really do some reading before you say these things. I'm no tory but really, this is pure propaganda.

You moan about reduced numbers of Police, then moan about the cost of increasing their numbers, make your mind up. There was an interview on the radio this morning saying this isn't about policing London but stopping violence and if needed the extra officers (probably the welsh ones) will be deployed in Birmingham, Manchester, where ever they are needed as it is a national effort.

The problem the police have had is the do good brigade wanting them thrown in the jail for giving the rioters anything other than a stern talking to (see thread on copper pushes over old boozer for more details).

5t.

JTaylor 10 August 2011 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 10178662)
You should really do some reading before you say these things. I'm no tory but really, this is pure propaganda.

You moan about reduced numbers of Police, then moan about the cost of increasing their numbers, make your mind up. There was an interview on the radio this morning saying this isn't about policing London but stopping violence and if needed the extra officers (probably the welsh ones) will be deployed in Birmingham, Manchester, where ever they are needed as it is a national effort.

The problem the police have had is the do good brigade wanting them thrown in the jail for giving the rioters anything other than a stern talking to (see thread on copper pushes over old boozer for more details).

5t.

Saved me the trouble. ;)

J4CKO 10 August 2011 10:43 AM

Forgive me but I read the Daily Mail, and you know what, this is pretty good, ok its a hateful rag but even they occasionally must get something right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ed-youths.html

The Zohan 10 August 2011 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 10178649)
These rioters need to remember that they could be a lot worse off than they think they are. Why should the world owe them anything? What do they do for themselves? Typical of this type, I've seen it all before through my work. The hand-out state will provide, why should they? :mad:

+1

The Zohan 10 August 2011 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10178674)
Saved me the trouble. ;)

And me as well:)

f1_fan 10 August 2011 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10178622)
but not one single word on what he would be/was doing for Manchester/Birmingham.:)

Can't tell you how bad Manchester was last night yet the media seem less interested in it than they were in London and of course Cameron probably doesn't know where it is!!

kingofturds 10 August 2011 10:57 AM

It's sad to see that the sikh and turkish communities defending their community with swords and machetes is called community spirit, whilst some of the comments in the local rags are denouncing the white vigilantes out to make citizen arrests as edl/bnp scum etc .

Makes you proud to be British.

rickya 10 August 2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by foxarm (Post 10178729)
It's sad to see that the sikh and turkish communities defending their community with swords and machetes is called community spirit, whilst some of the comments in the local rags are denouncing the white vigilantes out to make citizen arrests as edl/bnp scum etc .

Makes you proud to be British.

Not quite sure the point of this post?
Lets not cause unnecessary divisions, when in such a dark hour all the different communities are working together for the common good of protecting their country against rioting scum. Im sure everyone, including myself would support people who have the courage to stand up against such an affront on British society, no matter their colour or creed.

ps I thought Rhodesia is actually Zimbabwe?

kingofturds 10 August 2011 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 10178744)
Not quite sure the point of this post?
Lets not cause unnecessary divisions, when in such a dark hour all the different communities are working together for the common good of protecting their country against rioting scum.

There is nothing in that post that is intended to cause divisions unless of course you are looking for a reason. The point I was making was 3 different groups of people trying to protect their community, so why is one being stereotypically lambasted.