ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Track Days & National Events (https://www.scoobynet.com/track-days-and-national-events-25/)
-   -   Grudgement August 21st 2011 (https://www.scoobynet.com/track-days-and-national-events-25/900234-grudgement-august-21st-2011-a.html)

Rob Day 07 August 2011 10:15 AM

Grudgement August 21st 2011

Update for those that dont go on Straightliners website.

I noticed that this was going to be a 2 day event (Sat & Sun), but its now a one day event which is Sunday August 21st. However any drivers can still go on Saturday and camp over the night in preperation for Sunday according to Trev.

The event will still be run simular to the TOTB event with timing displays.

So its just a case of who's going ?
  • Name - competing/spectating
  1. Rob Day - hopefully competing :D

dunx 07 August 2011 11:18 PM

Camping at TOTB was a laugh, I'm up for more of that, as I'll be running-in the new motor from Monday onwards...

dunx

Rob Day 08 August 2011 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 10174755)
Camping at TOTB was a laugh, I'm up for more of that, as I'll be running-in the new motor from Monday onwards...

dunx

New Motor :wonder: Your running it in already :eek:, bloody hell that didnt take long :notworthy

So you'll be trying to get a few thou on the clock in the next two weeks then, or are you spectating?

Rob

PS - first "refusal" on test "co"pilot please :D

dunx 09 August 2011 12:49 PM

It should fire-up tonight, and no JGM for over two weeks, so no map.

Tent if it isn't raining. 4k rpm limit for a month I guess.

dunx

Rob Day 09 August 2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 10177209)
It should fire-up tonight, and no JGM for over two weeks, so no map.

Tent if it isn't raining. 4k rpm limit for a month I guess.

dunx

Excellent news, look forward to seeing it going when you get the final map :thumb:

That running in stage is bloody hardwork, takes a lot of attention and will-power to prevent over reving, it might be worth setting your audible rev limiter to 3700 or thereabouts.

My daughters birthday 20th, so no camping for me Sat night :cry:

Rob

Trout 15 August 2011 11:39 PM

Fingers crossed I will be there Sunday first time out in the new car.

Rob Day 15 August 2011 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 10188344)
Fingers crossed I will be there Sunday first time out in the new car.

Another Porsche Trout?

Trout 17 August 2011 01:50 PM

Well new this year - not the one that I ran in last year (Class Champion ;))

Rob Day 19 August 2011 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 10190027)
Well new this year - not the one that I ran in last year (Class Champion ;))

Look forward to seeing you there, and in action :D

Im still going to enter although I have issues "again" with the car :cuckoo: Well lets put it this way, I have just upgraded my roadside assistance :lol1:.

New Clutch is failing, power is down, buckled a wheel and alignment is out :freak3: I havent even got time to wash the car as its my daughters birthday tomorrow :confused:

However on a good note, I have just aquired a garage, I get the keys in a few weeks, so that should help matters going forward.

Rob :thumb:

Trout 21 August 2011 11:04 PM

Good to say hello Rob!

Anyone got any pics or vids of today?

Rob Day 22 August 2011 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 10197428)
Good to say hello Rob!

Anyone got any pics or vids of today?

Likewise :thumb:

I ran up to York on my own, so unfortunatly I had nobody with me to film the event this time round :(. I'm pretty sure that Dunx will have something on offer :D.

To be perfectly honest though, my car ran like it was on ice along wth fueling and sensor issues, so I wont be upset if I dont see my car on a public forum :lol1:

Rob

YXD 22 August 2011 10:18 AM

Great day yesterday and really competitive, especially in the mainly Scooby Modified 4wd class, I think about 1.5 seconds split most of the field.

1st time I'd been to one of these following the end of the scooby sprint championship and it was great. Definitely going to be doing them all next year :)

dunx 22 August 2011 06:58 PM

:Suspiciou

wrighty338 22 August 2011 11:01 PM

anyone get any pics at all? looking for some of the knight motorsport mini if anyone took any?

Rob Day 23 August 2011 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by wrighty338 (Post 10199242)
anyone get any pics at all? looking for some of the knight motorsport mini if anyone took any?

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 10198658)
:Suspiciou

Sorry I havent any pics, Dunx? :D

Trout 23 August 2011 06:45 PM

Results