ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Riots in London (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/900212-riots-in-london.html)

matty01 10 August 2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 10178896)

What an awesome link :D

Flight 10 August 2011 08:41 PM

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/20...mment-11933343

"
So let me get this clear now...................

Everybody on here agrees people should respect the law and be nice to other people.

But the politicians fiddle expenses. ( which is illegal. )

And journalists hack phones. ( which is illegal.)

And police appear to be reluctant to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

( which winds people up. )

and take bribes from journalists ( which is illegal )

And now loads of ordinary people are looting from shops. ( which is illegal.)

And other loads of ordinary people are forming vigilante gangs. ( which is illegal, isn't it?)

And kids on Facebook are inciting riots by typing stuff ( which is apparently illegal )

And tabloid readers posting comments to shoot the looters ( which apparently isn't illegal at all , but is almost exactly the same as the kid on Facebook )

And I'm trying to follow it all on Twitter ( which is bound to be illegal soon )

So now we've got politicians AND journalists AND police AND criminals AND kids AND adults running about all over the place every night trying to show who is the toughest of the bunch.

And some people think it might be a really great idea to add to all the confusion by adding rubber bullets, water cannons and God knows what else, because shooting bullets at people always calms them down.

What's left for tonight? Are the Buddhists sending off for their Amazon baseball bats yet?

And if those fecking politicians spend all day tomorrow asking each other to agree that their side is condemning riots more than the other side, I vote we put a media ban on politicians appearing on TV until this all settles down, because they're only going to make it worse by talking more bollocks instead of sorting things out like they are paid to do.

Can somebody please just ask Bob Geldof to organise a concert or something and get everybody to chill out for a couple of days.

( Not to sing obviously, just organise one with other singers. Surely we can all agree on that?)

"

f1_fan 10 August 2011 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Flight (Post 10179677)

"

Everybody on here agrees people should respect the law and be nice to other people.

And police appear to be reluctant to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

and take bribes from journalists ( which is illegal )

And other loads of ordinary people are forming vigilante gangs. ( which is illegal, isn't it?)

And kids on Facebook are inciting riots by typing stuff ( which is apparently illegal )

And tabloid readers posting comments to shoot the looters ( which apparently isn't illegal at all , but is almost exactly the same as the kid on Facebook )

And I'm trying to follow it all on Twitter ( which is bound to be illegal soon )

So now we've got politicians AND journalists AND police AND criminals AND kids AND adults running about all over the place every night trying to show who is the toughest of the bunch.

And some people think it might be a really great idea to add to all the confusion by adding rubber bullets, water cannons and God knows what else, because shooting bullets at people always calms them down.

What's left for tonight? Are the Buddhists sending off for their Amazon baseball bats yet?

And if those fecking politicians spend all day tomorrow asking each other to agree that their side is condemning riots more than the other side, I vote we put a media ban on politicians appearing on TV until this all settles down, because they're only going to make it worse by talking more bollocks instead of sorting things out like they are paid to do.

Can somebody please just ask Bob Geldof to organise a concert or something and get everybody to chill out for a couple of days.

( Not to sing obviously, just organise one with other singers. Surely we can all agree on that?)

"

No, Geldof is a cnut and should be made illegal ;)

markb_s1 11 August 2011 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10179892)
No, Geldof is a cnut and should be made illegal ;)

Don't agree with you on much but I do on this one!
can't ****ing stand the bloke!

On another note, I was very pleased to see on TV last night that a couple of little hoodrats (in differrent cities) had obviously pushed the police too far and actually each received what looked like an almighty whack from coppers with batons.

the one in manchester was giving it loads with his two mates on their bikes. got a smack, then they all decided they thought better of it and fecked off home. we need more of that please!

Leslie 11 August 2011 10:46 AM

Hoodlumism as we have been seeing deserves positive and painful retribution. It is the only thing they they would respect.

Les

Scoober-Dubs 11 August 2011 11:49 AM

I used to be of the opinion that violence breeds violence and the an eye for an eye was the wrong approach...

I now see that you need to find some common ground when you want to get your message across to people, these hoodrats only appear to understand one thing: voilence, so the correct thing to do is to respond in the language that they are most fluent in.

If the police had employed this approach in the 1st place it would have been over in a flash and we could all get back to focusing on the Hacking enquiry.:D

Dave1980 11 August 2011 12:47 PM

Next week on Jeremy Kyle " I think my mrs cheated on while i was out rioting" :D

Sorry, just my little Joke, live in Bristol but been uneffected so far, feel sorry for all the good people caught up in it all. These Scum arent even rioting for a cause other than nicking stuff.

Bring out the rubber bullets!:mad:

Bonehead 11 August 2011 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Flight (Post 10179677)

"

And A FEW police appear to be reluctant to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

and A FEW take bribes from journalists ( which is illegal )

"

Edited for accuracy

pimmo2000 11 August 2011 07:13 PM

6 riot vans just hit Liscard .. Wallasey, apparently they have reports of trouble coming tonight .. shops have been told to close at 7pm

The Zohan 11 August 2011 07:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pAC0...layer_embedded

jonc 11 August 2011 08:46 PM

+1 He speaketh truth!! :brickwall

peter a 11 August 2011 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 10181411)
+1 He speaketh truth!! :brickwall

+2

Why won't they show that on Sky news instead of keep trying to get those coppers in Manchester in bother for doing their jobs.

pimmo2000 11 August 2011 09:35 PM

nothing happened ..

The Dogs B******s 11 August 2011 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Zohan (Post 10181253)

:notworthy

pimmo2000 11 August 2011 09:41 PM

That man is awesome ..

bobby chang 11 August 2011 11:34 PM

He said it all :thumb:. But sadly the scums still would not understand :cry:

f1_fan 12 August 2011 12:01 AM

F**k me I thiought I hated everyone and everything about this country, but that guy has just taken it to a new level. :D

ALi-B 12 August 2011 12:17 AM

This should be posted as a sticky in every UK forum, and in every comment on every facebook wall, in every tweet and in every comment section on every news website.

Now if only I knew someone who could write some script to do just that...there must be at aleast one IT geek on SN with the power......

Shaid 12 August 2011 03:21 AM

Normally i hate thig guy but for this video i'll make an exception.

bobby chang 12 August 2011 10:49 AM

I bet he drives Subaru:luxhello:

f1_fan 12 August 2011 11:25 AM

Nice to see Cameron blaming the police now and Teresa May saying she had a hand in the strategy that sorted out the riots LOL!

Usual deluded ramblings of spineless politicians

Funkii Munkii 12 August 2011 01:22 PM

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16048584

Did anyone else see these w*nkers on Sky

Throw them in the river and put your foot on their heads.

The Zohan 12 August 2011 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10182144)
Nice to see Cameron blaming the police now and Teresa May saying she had a hand in the strategy that sorted out the riots LOL!

Is this you?
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...66_468x337.jpg

Leslie 12 August 2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10182144)

The chief of ACPO has said that the politicians had no hand in putting the extra coppers on the streets which he says was all the idea of the police themselves and the politicians were irrelevant. He says that the politicians have no say in what the police do. Wonder why the politicians were basking in the glory when the rioting stopped(it was raining though!)

He has not yet explained then why at first the coppers were standing around watching the rioters burn everything and steal all the stuff from the shops! Was that the coppers' idea of containing the riot?

Les

ScoobyWon't 12 August 2011 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10182390)

He has not yet explained then why at first the coppers were standing around watching the rioters burn everything and steal all the stuff from the shops! Was that the coppers' idea of containing the riot?

Les

More likely to be along the lines of the explanation I gave you the other day re: the lose lose situation.

Bonehead 12 August 2011 05:31 PM

Awesome :D

Apparently I'd better go get my head examined though

mamoon2 12 August 2011 06:07 PM

He always speaks the truth

kingofturds 12 August 2011 07:51 PM

I see will was there

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/pprune/sheep.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e2...une/bieber.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/pprune/kfc.jpg

joz8968 12 August 2011 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by foxarm (Post 10182904)

:lol: :D ;)

andythejock01wrx 12 August 2011 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Scoober-Dubs (Post 10180469)
I used to be of the opinion that violence breeds violence and the an eye for an eye was the wrong approach...

I now see that you need to find some common ground when you want to get your message across to people, these hoodrats only appear to understand one thing: voilence, so the correct thing to do is to respond in the language that they are most fluent in.

If the police had employed this approach in the 1st place it would have been over in a flash and we could all get back to focusing on the Hacking enquiry.:D

Nicely put. :)