ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Riots in London (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/900212-riots-in-london.html)

Mus 08 August 2011 10:25 PM

well when labour were in charge the country wasn't run ragged by hood rats was it??? this matter needs the army to get involved end off!!

astraboy 08 August 2011 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by morpheus1870 (Post 10176393)
No offence intended to anyone but from the live pictures it seems they are all young and black! Statistically the most uneducated ethnic minority in the Uk with Bangaldeshi and Pakistani not far behind. I would personally get the horses in beat the f***ing $h!t out of every little b@stard I came across, young old, boy or girl.

You're not the only one who thinks that, watch the actions of a very brave women. A black women to be specific....
http://www.twitvid.com/4JTZH
astraboy.

Ant 08 August 2011 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mus (Post 10176481)
well when labour were in charge the country wasn't run ragged by hood rats was it??? this matter needs the army to get involved end off!!

:lol1: let's all blame the tories

hodgy0_2 08 August 2011 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 10176437)
Ah but indirectly they do, Hodgeness. Benefits pay their bills and allow them to survive whilst costing the claimant nothing in time out of their day. The time is then spent accumulating wealth where and however they can.

Those that work full-time trying to keep their heads above water are too busy to make money.

mmm we have different views on "rich"

owning a chav'd up M3 is not what I call rich

TheWorx 08 August 2011 10:29 PM

Wow its getting bad round my way

cookstar 08 August 2011 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by TheWorx (Post 10176491)
Wow its getting bad round my way

where in Essex?

J4CKO 08 August 2011 10:32 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dTnv...eature=related

Dirk Diggler 75 08 August 2011 10:33 PM

How many army reservists are there??

morpheus1870 08 August 2011 10:33 PM

Think we need a little Syrian government zero tolerance style approach to these hooligans.

JTaylor 08 August 2011 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by astraboy (Post 10176482)
You're not the only one who thinks that, watch the actions of a very brave women. A black women to be specific....
http://www.twitvid.com/4JTZH
astraboy.

Interesting. What's this "cause" she's talking about?

Aaron1978 08 August 2011 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75 (Post 10176500)
How many army reservists are there??

I've been trying to find out how many full time troops we have available in this country but can't find anything, though I did read that there are around 120,000+ reserves??

TinyTim 08 August 2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 10176516)
I've been trying to find out how many full time troops we have available in this country but can't find anything, though I did read that there are around 120,000+ reserves??

Probably irrelevant to be fair. Camaron will never send them in as its a sign of his failure.

Either way, i've got a few batallions of Commandos down here incase the blue-rinse brigade decide to get lairy.

Spoon 08 August 2011 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 10176485)
mmm we have different views on "rich"

owning a chav'd up M3 is not what I call rich

Then if you're going to split hairs I could say you're confusing 'rich' with wealthy. You use a chavved up M3 as an example for somebody on benefits which is still a lot more than a fair amount of hard working individuals could afford, which was my point.

acstua 08 August 2011 10:45 PM

one of the "clever" rioters...
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=62740

morpheus1870 08 August 2011 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by acstua (Post 10176531)

I bet his mother is so proud...oopps I forgot, his mum is probably the one who took the picture..."oh ma lil Sherman, Sherman :luxhello: Sherman :luxhello: Sherman :luxhello:"

s70rjw 08 August 2011 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mus (Post 10176481)

Thanks to Mr Blair (He was a Labour prime minister, prior to Mr Gordon Brown, another Labour, unelected Prime Minister), our armies are involved in conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq. There are few troops left to deal with issues on British turf. Do you have any idea as to what is going on around the world other than what you read on social networking sites?

s70rjw 08 August 2011 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by acstua (Post 10176531)

My 11yr old son asked if this bloke was stupid when he heard what he'd done. Surely the bloke in the photo can't be that thick?

gallois 08 August 2011 10:55 PM

The police force are cut back to nothing, only a small proportion of the force are trained as riot police. Suggestions to bring in the armed forces? What would the army be expected to do? Shoot them? Civil war? can we then expect a 'peace keeping' force invade us to save us from our government, maybe from china perhaps..................................

Truth is, no-one knows what to do.

Scoober-Dubs 08 August 2011 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by mrmadcap (Post 10176409)
The bast@rds have come over here and bred, and this is the result.

I'd like to point out that there are both good and bad folk from every race, colour and country. It has taken years for generations such as my parents' and others before them who have been good upstanding members of our society to lead by example to demonstrate that we are not the empty minded, primative wasters like those idiots who have taken advantage of this situation to bring havoc to the streets of London, and peoples' homes and businesses this weekend.

My parents came to this country and 'bred', and both contributed considerably to both the health service and telecommunication industry, paid their taxes, never broke a law, got a speeding ticket etc... they also had 2 kids who have also never broken the law, have very successful careers and contribute considerable amount of revenue to the government and there are many more like us too.

I am utterly ashamed of and disgusted by what I've wittnessed over the pass few days; I believe that if you live by the sword, you die by the sword end of, the over PC of this country has now left the police with their hands tied! If this was Northern Ireland, the army would have been drafted in 'quick sharp', contained and apprehended those involved. However, now because this govenrment are caught up in the PC trap they are too scared for the world to see youths both black and white being tackled, water cannoned and potentially shot by the army!!

I actually agree with a lot of the comments on here but it's a bigger issue than race here, gang culture has been allowed to grow because the government and police are puss!es, the schools are powerless, and it's now illegal to smack your kids; people aren't scared to commit crimes in this country anymore because they won't get punished. As soon as stabbings, shootings etc became prolific in parts of the country the law should have come down HARD and stamped it OUT! Forget human rights, you infringe on another citizens' civil liberties, you should wave goodbye to your own. In the states if the police say stop and you don't, your @rse gets shot, end of, forget whether you had a gun, or replica etc.

Rant over with... lets hope that the goverments grows a pair and gets serious with these d!cks.

JTaylor 08 August 2011 10:56 PM

***STOP PRESS***

Thieving, burglary, mugging, rioting and looting across the country -

London says it's a "travesty"; Birmingham comment that it's a "disgrace" and Liverpool describe it as "Monday".

Adrian F 08 August 2011 10:57 PM

is this the time to remind those that the cuts in public sector pay could be why the Police are standing by and watching.

I mean would you risk you life having just been told your wages are being cut you pension is being changed and after the olympics they are making a load of you redundant

Dirk Diggler 75 08 August 2011 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Scoober-Dubs (Post 10176550)
I'd like to point out that there are both good and bad folk from every race, colour and country. It has taken years for generations such as my parents' and others before them who have been good upstanding members of our society to lead by example to demonstrate that we are not the empty minded, primative wasters like those idiots who have taken advantage of this situation to bring havoc to the streets of London, and peoples' homes and businesses this weekend.

My parents came to this country and 'bred', and both contributed considerably to both the health service and telecommunication industry, paid their taxes, never broke a law, got a speeding ticket etc... they also had 2 kids who have also never broken the law, have very successful careers and contribute considerable amount of revenue to the government and there are many more like us too.

I am utterly ashamed of and disgusted by what I've wittnessed over the pass few days; I believe that if you live by the sword, you die by the sword end of, the over PC of this country has now left the police with their hands tied! If this was Northern Ireland, the army would have been drafted in 'quick sharp', contained and apprehended those involved. However, now because this govenrment are caught up in the PC trap they are too scared for the world to see youths both black and white being tackled, water cannoned and potentially shot by the army!!

I actually agree with a lot of the comments on here but it's a bigger issue than race here, gang culture has been allowed to grow because the government and police are puss!es, the schools are powerless, and it's now illegal to smack your kids; people aren't scared to commit crimes in this country anymore because they won't get punished. As soon as stabbings, shootings etc became prolific in parts of the country the law should have come down HARD and stamped it OUT! Forget human rights, you infringe on another citizens' civil liberties, you should wave goodbye to your own. In the states if the police say stop and you don't, your @rse gets shot, end of, forget whether you had a gun, or replica etc.

Rant over with... lets hope that the goverments grows a pair and gets serious with these d!cks.

Good Post.........

f1_fan 08 August 2011 11:02 PM

Well just got back and true to my post at around 6:30 we now have carnage on the streets because Therea May doesn't have the gumption to actually do something in her lofty position as Home Secretary. She should resign now!

As for Cameron well seems he is on his way back at last. Well news for you when you land David.... if you allow petrol prices to rise throught the roof, VAT to be ramped up, energy and food prices to spiral ever upwards, put in place a host of ther cuts that are poorly targetted and too much too soon, do nothing at all to promote economic growth other than talk a lot of hot air, hand the finances of the country over to a toffee nosed inept buffon and all that on an already faltering economy and then f**k off to Tuscany this is what you are going to get!

Then to make matters worse you have no army or police available to properly stop it as they were part of your great plan of budget cutting!

Reap what you sow Cameron!

scatty 08 August 2011 11:02 PM

well said mr dubs....

stevie turbo 08 August 2011 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75 (Post 10176568)
Good Post.........

second that :thumb:

JTaylor 08 August 2011 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Scoober-Dubs (Post 10176550)

:thumb:

J4CKO 08 August 2011 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Adrian F (Post 10176561)
is this the time to remind those that the cuts in public sector pay could be why the Police are standing by and watching.

I mean would you risk you life having just been told your wages are being cut you pension is being changed and after the olympics they are making a load of you redundant

I wouldnt think so, they still get paid to do a job and take it professionally, I think there may be a lot of reluctance from the brass to allow them to get stuck in as they will probably kill someone, then another 15 year enquiry like the Stephen Lawrence one, and it wasn't even the Police that killed him.

J4CKO 08 August 2011 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10176573)
Well just got back and true to my post at around 6:30 we now have carnage on the streets because Therea May doesn't have the gumption to actually do something in her lofty position as Home Secretary. She should resign now!

As for Cameron well seems he is on his way back at last. Well news for you when you land David.... if you allow petrol prices to rise throught the roof, VAT to be ramped up, energy and food prices to spiral ever upwards, put in place a host of ther cuts that are poorly targetted and too much too soon, do nothing at all to promote economic growth other than talk a lot of hot air, hand the finances of the country over to a toffee nosed inept buffon and all that on an already faltering economy and then f**k off to Tuscany this is what you are going to get!

Then to make matters worse you have no army or police available to properly stop it as they were part of your great plan of budget cutting!

Reap what you sow Cameron!

Yep, amazing how he caused all that in 15 months.....

Everything was hunky dory before then, guess he has caused the US debt at well, he can, like any government only work with what he has, even with the cuts it doesnt add up.

Markus 08 August 2011 11:12 PM

I am coming into this a bit late, so forgive me if this has been answered:
The chap who was shot and killed; why was he carrying a firearm in the first place? Or is this not true ( from what I have read it seems he was armed )

If you are carrying a gun, unless in a lockbox and have a valid reason to be carryig a gun then I think you are up to no good, so expect th police to have an interest in you. I you wave the firearm about you are asking for trouble and expect there to be consequences

TH3_5T1G 08 August 2011 11:15 PM

Markus, i fear thats a story that will be debated for a long time but the fact remains that these riots are now far beyond the death of Mark Duggen and they are exploiting the current vulnerability to loot and line their own back pockets!