ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   2fast2cool eBay turbo back exhaust, any good? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/900052-2fast2cool-ebay-turbo-back-exhaust-any-good.html)

bigfarlz 05 August 2011 09:03 PM

2fast2cool eBay turbo back exhaust, any good?

As above anyone tried one of these? Seen a lot of people on here are very happy with the exhaust and service from them. Really I want to know how loud they are and what exhaust they compare to as can't find any clips on YouTube?

Thanks

s70rjw 05 August 2011 09:15 PM

A link might be helpful. There's more than one exhaust on there. :thumb:

KAS35RSTI 05 August 2011 09:19 PM

If its the one with the flexi pipe then the fitment is 3 out of 10 & the sound is 8 of 10.

I had one my UK turbo a long time back.

bigfarlz 05 August 2011 09:36 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ht_2861wt_1199

This is the one.

Item number is 23065453747

KAS35RSTI 05 August 2011 09:44 PM

No it was not that one i had. That one looks like a better fit.

bigfarlz 05 August 2011 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Aladdin (Post 10171452)
No it was not that one i had. That one looks like a better fit.

Fair doos. Anyone know what they sound like? And what exhaust it compares to sound wise?

s70rjw 05 August 2011 10:18 PM

Why not buy a used one from a reputable outfit from the for sale section on here. Avoid ones with flexible joints....you don't see reputable manufacturers using them after all.

will_sti 05 August 2011 10:35 PM

I have this exact system fitted to my car (03 uk sti) The only part which isnt a exact fit is the fixing point on the down pipe, to the gear box i believe but with the 5 bolts connecting it to the turbo just above and the center section hanger just down from it, dont see it as a problem. just had to cut the fixing point off. Probarly could of bent it to match up but didnt feel need to as exhaust is pretty sturdly without it. The sound is pretty good not many other scoobys round here to compare it to but cant hear me coming from a way off so ive been told. :lol1: Also for the price cant really complain as seen other systems for over 4 times the price :cuckoo: hope this helps.

Will

bigfarlz 05 August 2011 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by will_sti (Post 10171562)
I have this exact system fitted to my car (03 uk sti) The only part which isnt a exact fit is the fixing point on the down pipe, to the gear box i believe but with the 5 bolts connecting it to the turbo just above and the center section hanger just down from it, dont see it as a problem. just had to cut the fixing point off. Probarly could of bent it to match up but didnt feel need to as exhaust is pretty sturdly without it. The sound is pretty good not many other scoobys round here to compare it to but cant hear me coming from a way off so ive been told. :lol1: Also for the price cant really complain as seen other systems for over 4 times the price :cuckoo: hope this helps.

Will

Yes mate it does much appreciated. What does it sound like when you lift off the throttle and on tick over? The HKS silent power I have now doesn't make a sound unless I'm foot to the floor, and that's with a decat downpipe and non res centre section!

It used to sound like this with a universal rage box I borrowed off a friend and it's what I'm trying to get similar to again as it sounded spot on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFGaGxTlOxs&sns=em

Billet 05 August 2011 11:00 PM

why not go to the next west mids imprezas meet and hear some exhausts and then decided which one you want as you can't really tell what they sound like on youtube.

bigfarlz 05 August 2011 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tazz (Post 10171601)
why not go to the next west mids imprezas meet and hear some exhausts and then decided which one you want as you can't really tell what they sound like on youtube.

True, the thing is though I want to get one asap as I'm going the Thwaites to get my Simtek fitted and mapped before the next meet and would ideally like to get one before that to save the trip back down there for det/knock.

Billet 05 August 2011 11:14 PM

What about the mini meets halfway through the month?

bigfarlz 06 August 2011 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tazz (Post 10171626)
What about the mini meets halfway through the month?

Fair point :idea:

bigfarlz 06 August 2011 03:54 PM

Anyone ever tried a tornado back box on a decatted system?

bigfarlz 07 August 2011 02:52 PM

Bump, no one know what the 2fast2cool exhaust sounds like then?

hoyty 07 August 2011 03:17 PM

Looks the same as the Japspeed one identical to tell you the truth

2011markybhoy 20 March 2012 03:35 PM

2fast2cool full s/s

i have recently purchesed a full s/s exhuast from 2fast2cool for my wrx
sti 2005 in the add on ebay it said it will fit all subarus from 1992-2007

but in the same add it says will fit subarus from 1992-2001

i am worried that i might have to pay my mechanic to try and fit it the system and it wont fit

i contacted 2fast2cool and they said the will only give me a refund if the system is not damaged but i think this will be hard not to get small scratches on it as it is like a mirrior

on just having a look at the standard system and this new one the new systems has no bends and hangers look close but not exact

has anyone fitted one of these to a 2005 blobeye wrx sti :wonder:

TonyBurns 20 March 2012 04:58 PM

With exhausts, you basically get what you pay for, a £199 quid exhaust isnt going to be that good, normally bad flow, lower grade metals/cheaper materials on joints/rusts/not as good fitting/naff parts like flexi joints that no decent company uses as they crack after 100 miles.
There is also a reason other exhaust companies charge more, you get quality ;) so if you want cheap n cheerful, go for this but a cobra system at double the cost will be a better buy, and you could even look at Hayward and Scott or Milltek (check out the group buy for H&S).

Tony:)

2011markybhoy 20 March 2012 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 10542922)
With exhausts, you basically get what you pay for, a £199 quid exhaust isnt going to be that good, normally bad flow, lower grade metals/cheaper materials on joints/rusts/not as good fitting/naff parts like flexi joints that no decent company uses as they crack after 100 miles.
There is also a reason other exhaust companies charge more, you get quality ;) so if you want cheap n cheerful, go for this but a cobra system at double the cost will be a better buy, and you could even look at Hayward and Scott or Milltek (check out the group buy for H&S).

Tony:)

Trying ready my question again I have already bought the exhaust cost me £600

chrispy200+ 20 March 2012 06:42 PM

I've got one and has been said about the downpipe is right, the bracket that goes onto the downpipe needs a lot of alteration to fit, the rest is fine though and mine made good power.

They do fit both newage and classic as you get a hanger which you can add on, I've had one on a jdm blob and on my type r.

Also they do sound really quite good

chrispy200+ 20 March 2012 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by hoyty (Post 10173848)
Looks the same as the Japspeed one identical to tell you the truth

I thought the same, guessing they are made by the same people, toyo sports are also identical

CharlySkunkWeed 20 March 2012 06:57 PM

I got a de-cat pipe for my mates Evo , looked well made for the price . Sent me the wrong one ,but once i convinced them , they courier'd a replacement next day. Couldnt say about the sound that urs will make , but £600 seems alot for a non branded exhaust ? Before i got a near new Milltek (turbo back) for £550 , i priced a Cobra with a sports cat for £650 ! Kno its a bit late , but just letting u know !

2011markybhoy 20 March 2012 07:03 PM

Many thanks for some positive feedback on the exhaust that last guy never really had anything good to say about the system at all

If only we all had money like he did then I would have bought a more expensive system but as far as I am aware it is t304 stainless steel and as far as I am aware all the stainless steel exhaust systems are made from this unless you want a titanium made system wich is lighter and stronger but a lot more expensive

2011markybhoy 20 March 2012 10:03 PM

So chrispy200+ what you think I should do keep the system and make the adjustments to fit or send it back before I try and fit it

And to tell you the truth I paid £140 for it they normally go for £200 but I got the winning bid at £140
So I can't really moan if it only needs minor adjustment but I just wanted to know if any one had fitted this type to a blob eye

chrispy200+ 20 March 2012 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by 2011markybhoy (Post 10543423)
So chrispy200+ what you think I should do keep the system and make the adjustments to fit or send it back before I try and fit it

And to tell you the truth I paid £140 for it they normally go for £200 but I got the winning bid at £140
So I can't really moan if it only needs minor adjustment but I just wanted to know if any one had fitted this type to a blob eye

Keep it and fit it, apart from the bracket on the downpipe that bolts onto the gearbox it's fine, I fitted mine to a VLtd blob eye and had no problems in 25k miles before I sold the car.
For the money you can't go wrong, I also held out till one went on auction and paid around £140 as well

2011markybhoy 21 March 2012 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by chrispy200+ (Post 10543531)
Keep it and fit it, apart from the bracket on the downpipe that bolts onto the gearbox it's fine, I fitted mine to a VLtd blob eye and had no problems in 25k miles before I sold the car.
For the money you can't go wrong, I also held out till one went on auction and paid around £140 as well

Could I ask was there any welding involved to make the downpipe fit

2011markybhoy 23 March 2012 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by chrispy200+ (Post 10543531)

Could you tell me was there any wielding involved to make the new downpipe fit

ianbott 23 March 2012 12:40 PM

Why does everyone bad mouth flexible joints? They are good way of damping engine vibration without transferring it the cabin.
A few people above have said that no reputable company would use flex joints! I assume that BMW and Landrover are not reputable then? I've got a 2002 BMW and only just last year did the flexible joints give way, 9 years service from a flexible joint is good in my opinion.

ScoobySteve69 24 March 2012 05:04 PM

To be fair I always thought these exhausts would be cr@p at that price but I know someone who has used the same ones on rally prepared Scoobs...can`t be all bad then :thumb:

chrispy200+ 24 March 2012 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by 2011markybhoy (Post 10546549)
Could you tell me was there any wielding involved to make the new downpipe fit

No welding needed, just had to bend the bracket about when I fitted one to a blob wrx