ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/)
-   -   HKS exhaust problem i think???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/90000-hks-exhaust-problem-i-think.html)

UK300 23 April 2002 09:32 PM

Hi all
Ill start from the begining last june got my first scooby brand new uk300 no ppp,Then done 1000 miles booked in for my first service so had fitted wr sport zorst backbox.

Then 2000 miles later see group buy on scoobynet for hks hiper ti tip(thanks to POC and DR EVIL cheers guys)backbox,center,and a cat replacement pipe i think, it about 2 foot long(sorry a bit thick)

Then another 1200 miles later(total mileage 4200)which was yesterday the engine warning light come on.

The car has NO other MODS.

So today took hks off and put standard zorst back on and the light went off:confused::confused:

Why after 1200 miles

All comments and help welcome.

Cheers all

Darran

UK300 24 April 2002 08:33 PM

Bttt

dhorwich 24 April 2002 08:58 PM

Does your car have an exhaust temp sensor or cat temp sensor.... could this be in any way linked with your exhaust swap..!

Dan

UK300 24 April 2002 10:42 PM

Hi dan
There is a sensor dan on both it fits more or less in the same area

but why after 1200 miles:confused:

I give up dan:rolleyes:

Darran

Edited because i cant spell.

[Edited by UK300 - 4/24/2002 10:44:29 PM]

Pete Croney 25 April 2002 11:21 AM

UK300

You need to get the car on a Select Monitor so you find out what the code is.

Any other comment is a waste of time, until you know exactly what caused the fault.

It may be something completely unrelated.

BugEyed 25 April 2002 11:44 AM

Darran

Take Pete's advice - he knows what he talking about.

FWIW, IMHO it is likely that the cause is not the exhaust. The CEL on the MY01 goes off after 4 restarts if the fault does not reoccur. It is possible that you have an intermittant fault and the CEL just went off after you changed the exhaust back. But don't worry, your dealer will get the error code from the ECU.

Duncan ;)

PS What are the odds on it being a cam or crank sensor?

JASON H 25 April 2002 02:29 PM

UK300, I had the same deal with the HKS, iv'e done 1.5k +, no problems. I'll be waiting to see what is actualy causing the problem.
Cheers
Jason.

UK300 25 April 2002 02:43 PM

Thanks pete,duncan
I have got it booked at the dealers 8.30am tomorrow(fri).

Jason,guys let you know how i got on tomorrow night.

Thank you very much

Darran

UK300 26 April 2002 09:33 PM

Hi guys just to let you know went to the dealers today thay said it was the oxygen senser in the 2 foot long zorst pipe it was reading to much oxygen in the fumes thay said it may have been a bit loose (it was tight to me?)

I dont know if mr pete croney can throw any more light on it the garage was a bit tight lipped??

Hopefully try the ti tip back on this weekend see what happends?

cheers guys

Darran