ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   What tattoos have you got?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/899926-what-tattoos-have-you-got.html)

DJ_Jon 07 August 2011 07:02 AM

Tattoos are a personal choice, some of the nicest guys I know are plastered in them. The wife & I enjoy watching the Ink series on D-Max too.

As for getting any, thats not going to happen. I for one could not decide on what I would want on my skin for the rest of my life. Tattoos are really back in fashion now too, trouble with fashion is, it changes.

The work on display here isn't really to my taste, that said, if the owner likes them, more power to them!

Leslie 07 August 2011 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 10172746)
Can't stand them. The odd one or two are ok, but should only be seen on hairy-arsed sea dogs. IMHO :D

No offence. :)

Are they really hairy arsed...how do you know?

Les :D

Chip 07 August 2011 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 10172845)
Why a fish on your arm. Why 13 below your neck.

It's his mental age :D

Chip

Anger 07 August 2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 10173737)
It's his mental age :D

Chip

Funny guy :rolleyes:

Hysteria1983 07 August 2011 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 10173085)
Translation for those who are not terminally illiterate:

"Nice work, mate - ignore those people up there, they're just blatantly jealous".

Anyway, in what way am I supposedly jealous? Is it because you think I cannot afford to deface my body with such puerile second-rate scribblings?
Perhaps you think I don't have the grit or stoicism to endure the pain?
Maybe I'm jealous because I would just love to be chavtastic enough to consider letting a substandard "artist" indelibly deface my skin with ink according to a design which would have been rejected by the Beano's "readers sketches" section?

Those tattoos, as do all tattoos, look utterly gash. Sorry. :)

You have such a way with words :)

Bubba po 09 August 2011 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 10174740)
You have such a way with words :)

Yeah a know.

Turbohot 09 August 2011 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon (Post 10173164)
Tattoos are a personal choice, some of the nicest guys I know are plastered in them.

I think the same. I also know some peeps with tattoos. They are not bad people at all. Some are just obsessed with them, that's all. While they are getting one, they start planning another one on their body.

The wife & I enjoy watching the Ink series on D-Max too.
I caught some glimpses long time ago when my kids were channel-jumping on tv. Got bored easy, though.

As for getting any, thats not going to happen. I for one could not decide on what I would want on my skin for the rest of my life. Tattoos are really back in fashion now too, trouble with fashion is, it changes.
Same here, I don't feel tempted to get a tattoo (or a web of tattoos all over me) at all. Nevermind fashion changing or remaining, its me who'd get easily bored of the same design on me TBH. Best thing is not to get one at all. I am desensitised of beholding others covered in them. If fact, some of them look quite good, but I often feel that it was unnecessary for them to cover a lot of their skin in tattoos, just one or two decent size tattoos would have been enough.

The work on display here isn't really to my taste, that said, if the owner likes them, more power to them!
The work on display here is nice, but I still don't think tattoos should be that big. But that's only my opinion. All cool as long as the tattoo-ed person appreciates it. :thumb:

DJ_Jon, I quoted your post because it saved me from typing resembling thoughts again. I didn't mind rambling with my input, though.:D

mylilscooby 10 August 2011 03:13 AM

In all honesty I couldn't Care less if people want to slag them off I like them and I like spending the £120 a hour out to have what I think it some quality art work..... I would be like me slagging someone off for a pointless mod on there scoob but then again I would slag them off because it's personal choice each to there own I'd just skip there thread rather then going on and leaving a silly comment that falls on deaf ears

davyboy 10 August 2011 06:25 AM

120 an hour!!

TelBoy 10 August 2011 09:32 AM

there scoob, there own, there thread. Quality point-proving.

Turbohot 10 August 2011 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by mylilscooby (Post 10178458)
In all honesty I couldn't Care less if people want to slag them off I like them and I like spending the £120 a hour out to have what I think it some quality art work..... I would be like me slagging someone off for a pointless mod on there scoob but then again I would slag them off because it's personal choice each to there own I'd just skip there thread rather then going on and leaving a silly comment that falls on deaf ears

Thats the spirit, and well said there. There has been plenty of pointless modding (scoobs and one's self-decoration type) put on display here. Not all of that is attractive to everyone. Some of that have been quite ridiculous actually. As you say, each to their own. :thumb: If you post anything in a public forum, you will get all sorts of responses; honest, dishonest, tainted, tinted, twisted, tolerant, non-tolerant, overhyped, underhyped, bitter, sweet, sour, half-and-half, siting-on-the-fence, go-with-the-flow etc. etc. Take what suits you, discard what doesn't suit you.

mylilscooby 10 August 2011 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 10178605)
Thats the spirit, and well said there. There has been plenty of pointless modding (scoobs and one's self-decoration type) put on display here. Not all of that is attractive to everyone. Some of that have been quite ridiculous actually. As you say, each to their own. :thumb: If you post anything in a public forum, you will get all sorts of responses; honest, dishonest, tainted, tinted, twisted, tolerent, non-tolerent, overhyped, underhyped, bitter, sweet, sour, half-and-half, siting-on-the-fence, go-with-the-flow etc. etc. Take what suits you, discard what doesn't suit you.

+1 to that

DJ_Jon 10 August 2011 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 10178399)
DJ_Jon, I quoted your post because it saved me from typing resembling thoughts again. I didn't mind rambling with my input, though.:D

No problem :thumb:

Hysteria1983 10 August 2011 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10178596)
there scoob, there own, there thread. Quality point-proving.

:D

kingofturds 23 August 2011 10:52 PM

I took my son swimming today and the amount of people with the same tattoos was unbelievable, so much for being an individual.

Anger 23 August 2011 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by foxarm (Post 10201132)
I took my son swimming today and the amount of people with the same tattoos was unbelievable, so much for being an individual.

I smell BS on this one

So what was the same tattoo they had ?

kingofturds 23 August 2011 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 10201136)
I smell BS on this one

So what was the same tattoo they had ?

Tribal tattoo on the right arm, and the yin yang tatto. They all come to newquay on holiday and all choose the same tattoos out of a book.

jef 23 August 2011 11:14 PM

here you can clearly see mine on m back, now ive got a nice dragon on my calf, done in 4 hours in vegas, ouch

look how good my back ones look tho, haha

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...e25/ukbff4.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p.../DSC002612.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p.../DSC002632.jpg

cracking looking, eh?

jef 23 August 2011 11:19 PM

heres my calf one, look closley,

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...gee25/legs.jpg

valley commando 24 August 2011 12:30 AM

not all off it but a little taster

https://www.scoobynet.com/album.php?...ictureid=17780

davyboy 24 August 2011 06:33 AM

Roids man!

davyboy 24 August 2011 07:08 AM

What competition did you enter?

Mr orange baldy uk?

jef 24 August 2011 09:42 AM

roids? - excuse me?

yeah it was the exact competition, and won haha

were you there watching me?

[JP] 24 August 2011 09:49 AM

I have a few tattoos myself, not going to post any pictures as they are all my own designs and each one have a meaning to me, so dont want every other person having the same I have..

I've read at some point on this thread, someone mentioning tattoos are out of fashion.... if you think tatoos are fashion, there you have the reason why you dont have/dont like tattoos...

Funkii Munkii 24 August 2011 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by jef (Post 10201164)
here you can clearly see mine on m back, now ive got a nice dragon on my calf, done in 4 hours in vegas, ouch

look how good my back ones look tho, haha

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...e25/ukbff4.jpg

cracking looking, eh?

Is that pose known as the Frank Spencer ? :)

Each to their own, not my bag although I'm sure it takes a huge amount of dedication to get to that level.

davyboy 24 August 2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by jef (Post 10201480)
roids? - excuse me?

I think you know exactly what I mean.

jef 24 August 2011 12:17 PM

davyboy - i do know exactly what you think.

and it seems your implying that i take steroids that get me that muscular and that lean.

well seen as your a qualified endocrologist, i suggest you scarper striaght over to GlaxoSmithKline, with your anabolic, androgenic steroids that burn fat and build muscle, and get your share of the millions youll make. maybe patent it first.

little lesson for you, muscle tissue is built through repetitive resistance excersise, carefully timed nutrition, with broken down and calculated macro nutrient ratios.

fat tissue is lost by, burning a little under maintenance calorie levels, through careful nutrient timing and low impact cv work - at approprite times of the day.

androgenic/anabolic steroids increase the levels of certain hormones in the body - they DO NOT build muscle tissue - food/protein builds muscle tissue.

as they say, muscles are built in the kitchen.

hormones do however help change the rate at which muscle can potentially be built. that is all.

so after your wee lesson there - hopefully your tabloid education has altered slightly, and youll no longer feel the need to shout "roids man" when you see someone with a different physique to yours.

:thumb:

davyboy 24 August 2011 12:54 PM

As someone whos sees themselves as fairly athletic for the sports I compete in, I know much of what you have typed or used as a smoke screen.

However, you've not really answered what I not so subtly accused you of.

Have you at any time used, steroids/juice/gear?

jef 24 August 2011 01:16 PM

pmsl davy, im now lol very loud at you

what i have written , is actual FACT.

if your trying to tell me your version of the human body is different from the complete rest of the world, then 1-0 to me haha.

and also mate - thats none of your buisness.

the truth is you see me, feel slightly jealous/undermined in some way, and justify that to yourself by shouting, roids, to console yourself, because you dont understand the massive commitmnet, time, effort involved in changing a physique so severley.

id please like to see some studies where they conclude ANY of what i say is a smokescreen for anything.

davyboy - in total honestly - your not a bodybuilder, you have no ubderstanding of it - your comments are ill informed, immature and derived from media rubbish.

2-0 to me haha. :thumb:

davyboy 24 August 2011 01:29 PM

Steady on with the point scoring or I suspect you are heading towards a bout of 'roid rage!

The fact you are unwilling to answer the question tells me all I need to know. I used the term smoke screen as you used a lot of text that actually avoided answering the question. I wasn't doubting your understanding of the human anatomy.

Why would I be jealous/undermined? Are you actually suggesting I would want to look anything like you?

I appreciate the time and effort athletes put in to there chosen sport. You don't do a sport though.