ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   off to api (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/899521-off-to-api.html)

cookstar 02 August 2011 11:32 PM

I'm still paying the credit card bills from API, and I sold the car two years ago. :lol1:

Still had fun though, and yeah the bacon sarnies were good. :thumb:

ScoobyDoo69 02 August 2011 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10166494)
Dont get sucked in by the doomsayers here, you have made a wise choice. I only hear good things about API.

And I could only possibly contribute to those good things. You're in good hands with the API boys, initialD.

john1979 02 August 2011 11:45 PM

WTF !! I never got a bacon sarnie...

cookstar 02 August 2011 11:46 PM

Saturdays only. :D

initialD 02 August 2011 11:48 PM

mmm, its nearly twelve and i want a bacon sarnie ??:wonder:is that wrong ?!

EH52WRX 02 August 2011 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by initialD (Post 10165852)
as for telling you what im getting for the money ! i dont need to mate im happy with it thats all that matters . as david sais you get what you pay for :thumb: and vat included in that also ! i think for good piece of mind that its being done properly its fair price :D

Very defensive reply fella :wonder: :wonder:

jura11 02 August 2011 11:56 PM

But still for OE rebuild with STi parts is little bit too much pay £3650 or its just me?
I was paid for 2.1 stroker with Cosworth pistons,Cosworth rods and 79mm crank,Cosworth Baffled sump lot less with fitting.

Jura

EH52WRX 03 August 2011 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 10166544)
But still for OE rebuild with STi parts is little bit too much pay £3650 or its just me?
I was paid for 2.1 stroker with Cosworth pistons,Cosworth rods and 79mm crank,Cosworth Baffled sump lot less with fitting.

Jura

LMFAO :luxhello: :notworthy

To be fair, he is getting an MOT & clutch. :lol1: :lol1:

EH52WRX 03 August 2011 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 10166512)
I'm still paying the credit card bills from API, and I sold the car two years ago. :lol1:

I rest my case. :lol: :lol:

jura11 03 August 2011 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by EH52WRX (Post 10166554)

I'm getting too MOT,but clutch i'm getting Exedy Twin Plate,which i don't think he can get for this sort of money:wonder:

Agree is too much there,what i can say,nothing because is not my car...

But mostly depends on personal preference and i was using Slowboy Racing from beginning of my Subaru ownership and he help me few times with lots of question and he answer me without the problem.

Now about the building engine,if he ask here Rich@FB Tuning or Daz@daz-davis or Frayz about the building/rebuilding engine and i'm sure this guys will help him without the problem and will be cheaper too for him,just my thoughts.

Just leave like is it,most important is,He's happy and this most count:thumb:

Jura

initialD 03 August 2011 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by EH52WRX (Post 10166554)

so why is it you like to feed into me the fact you think im being ripped off ? :confused: if you think its really expensive ? thats fine . But why try and rub it in my face ? :nono: so maybe you can get it cheaper ? well done :luxhello: bye bye then ;)

EH52WRX 03 August 2011 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by initialD (Post 10165376)
£3,560 i think :wonder:
thats with an m.o.t , oil pump and £100 pickup included in that price also .
may be pricey , but highly recomended :thumb:

MAY BE PRICEY, Your own words dude. :lol:

Thats the only thing i have said. :cuckoo:

Herbie. 03 August 2011 12:46 AM

Ive had a complete engine and gearbox rebuild from API in the past. No problems with either. Spot on service :)

APIDavid 03 August 2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by micky boy (Post 10166407)
ive heard some good but alot more bad of api.

not speaking from personal experince tho

cheers mickyboy

WONDERFUL !!

Some one who has never used us - calls up to say that he has heard bad things.

We never seem to hear from the actual people that have had a bad experience - I wonder why :wonder:

Ah well :hjtwofing

David

john1979 03 August 2011 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by APIDavid (Post 10166835)
WONDERFUL !!

Some one who has never used us - calls up to say that he has heard bad things.

We never seem to hear from the actual people that have had a bad experience - I wonder why :wonder:
Ah well :hjtwofing
David

Maybe he never got a bacon sarnie either.

micky boy 03 August 2011 05:41 PM

david i dont want to get into any debates about what i said.

cheers mickyboy

micky boy 03 August 2011 05:42 PM

and as for the bacon sarnies ive heard they are greeeeaaaaatttttt lol

APIDavid 03 August 2011 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by micky boy (Post 10167486)

but i do have a car sat in my garage with an engine in peices that was built by yourselfs.

like i said no personal experiance

cheers mickyboy

So the inference is that there is something wrong with the way we built the engine? or that it has gone wrong........?

How come the owner hasn't called complaining ??

David

LegacySTi 03 August 2011 05:49 PM

but i do have a car sat in my garage with an engine in peices that was built by yourselfs.

cheers mickyboy

cars engines sit in pieces from formula1 cars, rally cars etc built with a endless budget. Wats ur point?

Cars fail for various reasons. In my opinion the majority of subarus fail from people messing about with the cars at home diy repairs, ebay add ons and non mapping.

Turbo failure causing a low oil level, melting a piston etc..

So how can you remotely make a comment about someones garage when litterally anything could have happened.

micky boy 03 August 2011 06:06 PM

like i said i dont want to get into any debates or go down that road david but i can assure you the owner did call you.

cheers mickyboy

micky boy 03 August 2011 06:11 PM

legacy sti

formula 1 cars are only intended to last for so long, this was built to be reliable and last a lot longer than 2000 miles, this i can assure you.

this car was only ever worked on by api themselves.

i said it wasnt from personal experiance

jef 03 August 2011 07:25 PM

cheers mickyboy

thats one of the most pointless posts ive ever read lol.

David your too polite with your response - the post itself doesnt even warrant a reply!

or a swift "so fcking what"! lol

btw mickyboy i dont know you atall, and not trying upset you, but actually read your post, then you can surley see how ridiculous it is

micky boy 03 August 2011 07:37 PM

jef could you just explain what is so pointless about the post

i bought the car in question from somebody who i will not mention on here.
the engine let go after 2000 miles
david at api was not prepared to help with getting the car sorted atall apart from wanting nearly the same amount of money again to repair it.

as i said jef i didnt want to start an arguement about it i was mereley saying what i know

mapping done by api
engine built by api
engine fitted by api
all work done by api

it doesnt deserve a swift so fcking what as somebody is having some work done by them and spending a small fortune doing so.

jef 03 August 2011 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by micky boy (Post 10167627)

david at api was not prepared to help with getting the car sorted atall apart from wanting nearly the same amount of money again to repair it.

as i said jef i didnt want to start an arguement about it i was mereley saying what i know

mapping done by api
engine built by api
engine fitted by api
all work done by api

it doesnt deserve a swift so fcking what as somebody is having some work done by them and spending a small fortune doing so.

you failed to mention any of that in the origional post mate - thats why its so ridiculous! ok you dodnt want to air it - thats what pm's are for.

you said you had a fcked engine in a garage and you bought it from a guy who said api built it. - you didnt give any information atall.

the ultimatle question is why it failed, there aew a million and 1 things that can cause engines to fail, for all people know, you couldve just taken a hammer to the block.

anyway you dont want to talk about it, and thats fine - i would always, always contact the person i was unhappy with privatley to sort any problem ever.

anyway as the dragons say - im out, ;)

LegacySTi 03 August 2011 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by micky boy (Post 10167627)

mapping done by api
engine built by api
engine fitted by api
all work done by api

As you now have the engine stripped down? Wat in the end in your opionion has caused the current failure??

wrx287 03 August 2011 09:23 PM

Another vote for API:thumb: You wont be dissapointed mate:cool:

As for the guy with the broken engine after 2k,was the engine looked after in those 2k or was it just abused?

Anger 03 August 2011 09:27 PM

So do all you APi fanboys think a rebuild with STi bits costing £3'500 is a good price ?

barnshaw 03 August 2011 09:30 PM

i recently had a forged sti built with mahle pistons, manley rods, arp studs, acl bearings for pretty much 3.5k

happydude303 03 August 2011 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 10167849)
So do all you APi fanboys think a rebuild with STi bits costing £3'500 is a good price ?

:lol: its a shocking price lol another 500 and you could have a 2.1 stroker in there

initialD 03 August 2011 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 10167849)

its not 3.5 though just for the build ! minus the pick up,and mot it works out just over 3k after vat . im willing to pay for quality :D