ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Dont kill me but...... (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/899496-dont-kill-me-but.html)

bigfarlz 02 August 2011 10:13 AM

Dont kill me but......

Basically I've got a my00 Uk classic for which I have some mods to be fitted ready for a remap. My question is, if I fit an induction kit and the cars mapped for it there should be something to gain? I know they say they kill mafs but with the Simtek I'll be running mafless anyway. At best will it be ok after a map?

hpoolsteve 02 August 2011 10:17 AM

It will be no problems after the remap. To be honest i dont think there is much to gain from an induction kit until you start to reach the 350-400 bhp mark. Your OEM airbox with a decent panel filter is more than capable. I might be wrong tho mate.

boosted 02 August 2011 11:02 AM

maff-less, is that map sensing then? using the subaru map sensor or external one? excuse my ignorance, just curious

Baz82 02 August 2011 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by boosted (Post 10165111)
maff-less, is that map sensing then? using the subaru map sensor or external one? excuse my ignorance, just curious

Thats exactly what it is man:thumb:

boosted 02 August 2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Baz82 (Post 10165126)
Thats exactly what it is man:thumb:

ah, excellent, thats how my car runs on MS efi! "maff-less" as you say! lol

BlueBugEye 02 August 2011 11:35 AM

IF fitting Simtek then you may as well go induction just make sure you get a decent cold air feed to it.

midnight 02 August 2011 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by hpoolsteve (Post 10165036)
It will be no problems after the remap. To be honest i dont think there is much to gain from an induction kit until you start to reach the 350-400 bhp mark. Your OEM airbox with a decent panel filter is more than capable. I might be wrong tho mate.

+1 for the above ,unless your after 350 bhp+ then std panel filter will cope just as well,and it wont draw in any hot engine air :thumb:.

wr pete 02 August 2011 12:55 PM

A maff sensor is a mass airflow sensor. A map sensor is a manifold absolute presure sensor. Two different things entirely

boosted 02 August 2011 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by wr pete (Post 10165285)
A maff sensor is a mass airflow sensor. A map sensor is a manifold absolute presure sensor. Two different things entirely

thanks, I was aware of that

boosted 02 August 2011 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by boosted (Post 10165137)
ah, excellent, thats how my car runs on MS efi! "maff-less" as you say! lol

Originally Posted by boosted (Post 10165384)

do you use the in built map sensor in the throttle body then? also do you retro fit an air temp sensor into the inlet manifold? I had to put a IAT sensor in my manifold on my scoob when i put MS on it.

wr pete 02 August 2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by boosted (Post 10165384)

Sorry fella I misread your post.

mnem1c 02 August 2011 11:37 PM

Most people fit induction kits if they go down the FMIC route, due to pipe work. If your not going front mount, an uprated pf is ya best bet

bigfarlz 03 August 2011 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by mnem1c (Post 10166519)
Most people fit induction kits if they go down the FMIC route, due to pipe work. If your not going front mount, an uprated pf is ya best bet

Yeah I know bud. The thing is I thought as I'm going to be running mafless I may aswell do it as I probably will go front mount in the future. Plus I think they look the dogs danglys under the bonnet, (yes, I know I'm a chav). The next thing i wanna know is about running a cold air feed from the fog light cover. What sort of size pipe and where to get one from. Probably shouldn't asked on this thread but I've Started another thread without thinking. Here's the link.

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...-air-feed.html

mnem1c 03 August 2011 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by bigfarlz (Post 10166549)
Yeah I know bud. The thing is I thought as I'm going to be running mafless I may aswell do it as I probably will go front mount in the future. Plus I think they look the dogs danglys under the bonnet, (yes, I know I'm a chav). The next thing i wanna know is about running a cold air feed from the fog light cover. What sort of size pipe and where to get one from. Probably shouldn't asked on this thread but I've Started another thread without thinking. Here's the link.

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...-air-feed.html

got ya, fit a front mount aswell because if you set up a cold feed then fit a front mount later you might have to change to cold feed route due to the intercoolers pipe work. It will also save you money for another remap when you decide to fit a fmic.