ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   F1 on Sky, will you pay? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/898980-f1-on-sky-will-you-pay.html)

Paulo P 29 July 2011 02:22 PM

F1 on Sky, will you pay?

Following on from the thread where the BBC have lost the F1 coverage to Sky and will only cover half of the races in 2012, willl you pay Sky to watch the F1?

Blue by You 29 July 2011 02:26 PM

Not a F******g chance:nono:

Paulo P 29 July 2011 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Blue by You (Post 10159477)
Not a F******g chance:nono:

Likewise! I'd rather not watch than pay those greedy b@stards :nono:

Wurzel 29 July 2011 02:30 PM

Nope. But then again I am in Germany so can watch it for free anyway :D

stef_2010 29 July 2011 02:33 PM

Its a toughie tbh

I might pay it, wont be atall happy about it though

legb4rsk 29 July 2011 02:36 PM

It's really not that exciting that you would actually pay to watch it.OK for free.
What really annoyed me was when Shaumacher got his drive when there a loads of young talent waiting in the wings.He has had his time,7 times champ & a warehouse full of money.
Disgraceful.

Gear Head 29 July 2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by stef_2010 (Post 10159487)
Its a toughie tbh

I might pay it, wont be atall happy about it though

I'm with you. I'll moan like f&ck but it is the ONLY sport that I follow. I have every race since 1997 without fail. I even used to record them all and have about 100 tapes all labelled up at one point. :rolleyes:

I can't be without F1. And I'm the sort of customer that Sky is going for. :razz:

Gear Head 29 July 2011 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 10159492)
It's really not that exciting that you would actually pay to watch it.OK for free.
What really annoyed me was when Shaumacher got his drive when there a loads of young talent waiting in the wings.He has had his time,7 times champ & a warehouse full of money.
Disgraceful.

If it is not that exciting to you, why do you care about Schmacher?
Think of the cash that his name alone brings to the team. He is on par with rosberg now.

RA Dunk 29 July 2011 02:41 PM

I would rather eat my own liver than pay.

hutton_d 29 July 2011 02:55 PM

You could argue that you already pay the Beeb though the annual Beeb tax collection service (some people call it a Tv License) ....

Dave

Dougmy06wrx 29 July 2011 03:02 PM

I pay for the full sky package anyway so I can get it but I dot think the coverage will be that good compared to the BBC!

Any word if the commentators and presenters will be the same on both channels?

Doug

drb5 29 July 2011 03:11 PM

I MIGHT consider it as i'd watch all the golf too.

EddScott 29 July 2011 03:18 PM

Nope. Only sport I like is motorsport and £20 a month for F1 is too much IMO.

I'd pay the BBC £10 a month to keep it on BBC though.

Gear Head 29 July 2011 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 10159570)
Nope. Only sport I like is motorsport and £20 a month for F1 is too much IMO.

I'd pay the BBC £10 a month to keep it on BBC though.

We do already, it's called 'A TV License'. :thumb:

Gear Head 29 July 2011 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dougmy06wrx (Post 10159535)
I pay for the full sky package anyway so I can get it but I dot think the coverage will be that good compared to the BBC!

Any word if the commentators and presenters will be the same on both channels?

Doug

According to Brundle on his Twitter page, he only found out last night and is now out of a job.

Leslie 29 July 2011 03:26 PM

I am already paying for Sky Sports so it makes no difference to me, except that the Sky version of HD has always been better quality than BBC HD.

Les

Gear Head 29 July 2011 03:38 PM

I take it sky sports is shown both in sd as well as hd?
Don't tell me if I want sports, I have got to have hd as well! :razz:

SirFozzalot 29 July 2011 03:45 PM

:mad: FFS, why is it that as soon as something gets really good Sky take it and charge everyone extra for it? :mad:

I think the BBC coverage this season has been great, will be a real shame to see it go to Sky. :(

JDM_Stig 29 July 2011 03:46 PM

Not a chance, just wait and download the torrent if all else fails

53 29 July 2011 03:48 PM

Sky can stick F1 up their greedy arse :hjtwofing

Touring cars On ITV4 FTW ! :luxhello:

fivetide 29 July 2011 03:49 PM

Another reason to watch MotoGP and Touring Cars.

5t.

imprezajon 29 July 2011 03:52 PM

i am expecting a letter soon to say they are putting the monthly charge for the sky sports package up to cover this, so i wont really have a choice.

dunx 29 July 2011 03:53 PM

£1,000,000,000 profit this year !

No way !

dunx

Gear Head 29 July 2011 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by fivetide (Post 10159655)
Another reason to watch MotoGP and Touring Cars.

5t.

It's not just about the action. I am not looking for thrill after thrill. F1 IS the pinnicle of motorsport and always has been.
The cornering speeds are insane and you just don't get that with bikes or touring cars.
And if you have been following F1 for a while, you get to know what driver's are likely to pull off certain moves, who to look out for in the wet.

The more I think about it, I'll probably end up paying for it, which really, really pisses me off.

Rob_Impreza99 29 July 2011 03:58 PM

Like others i already have sky sports but i won't be watching the F1 out of principal, Ecclestone isn't for the masses, he's for himself and whatever he can get out of it. Its not like he's living on the poverty line and needed some extra cash, he doesn't give a sh1t about the average fan and those people that can't afford sky.

I can't stand the little weasel.

Funkii Munkii 29 July 2011 03:59 PM

It will be interesting to see how many of the No's become yes's after a few weeks of abstinence.

If Sky brought their own camera's in and plotted them all over the track it may change things other than that you cant beat the beeb imo. But as I believe, we are at the mercy of each country and their camera's and their director.

dazdavies 29 July 2011 04:11 PM

I cant wait until someone blows Bernie f*cking Ecclestone's head clean off, point blank!

This is the first nail in the F1 coffin Mark My words.

Blue by You 29 July 2011 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 10159702)
I cant wait until someone blows Bernie f*cking Ecclestone's head clean off, point blank!

Somebody did try knocking it off last year, so you might not have long to wait :lol1:

TelBoy 29 July 2011 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 10159702)
This is the first nail in the F1 coffin Mark My words.

Nah, a disgruntled viewing public in the UK is low on the list of priorities in Ecclestone's world.
Only if it becomes a greed machine in a lot more countries will they feel the effect of lower audiences.

I agree with what's been said earlier; there are a lot of floating viewers who will watch and maybe stick with a race if it's good at the moment while it's free, but wouldn't pay just on the off-chance it's a decent race.

For many, half the races free on the BBC will be enough to sustain their interest. I'd be surprised if Sky pick up more than maybe 100,000 new subsriptions because of this, but who knows, after a year of foot-stamping, more and more people might start throwing in the towel once the list of attractions on Sky becomes too big to resist.

Rob_Impreza99 29 July 2011 04:31 PM

People like the coverage on the BBC as its none stop from start to finish without breaks for adverts, just wait till the well oiled sky advertisements start popping up all over the place on a regular basis throughout the coverage.