ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   O2 - Of course you can upgrade early - But only to an Iphone! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/898735-o2-of-course-you-can-upgrade-early-but-only-to-an-iphone.html)

Gear Head 27 July 2011 03:26 PM

O2 - Of course you can upgrade early - But only to an Iphone!

I recently managed to get a early mobile phone upgrade with O2. (3 months early)
I was in the 'silver tier' monthly spend according to them. I was on a £30 a month contract but reduced it to £21 with a £6 data bolt on. My wife is also in the same tier and has just tried to upgrade early (2 months) and they said yes, but only to a £35 a month IPhone. She only spends £15 a month now anyway!
When she mentioned that I had upgraded early, the online advisor offered to speak to her manager to see what she could do.

This sort of thing really p&sses me off.
Orange appear to be offering far better 'non-IPhone' deals anyway and give her 25% discount as she works for the Police.

I wish I hadn't given O2 my business now.

Just wanted to vent my anger! :razz:

Ant 27 July 2011 03:33 PM

They're a business not a charity.

If you wanted to be pedantic they don't even have to offer it early.

Go on O2 online and try upgrade there I bet there's more option to you on that

CREWJ 27 July 2011 03:35 PM

I think you're limited because you are paying so little per month. If you want to upgrade to a decent phone you will have to pay £35 a month these days.

dpb 27 July 2011 03:35 PM

iv never gone down this route , got an upgrade that is , in the last 15 years
- is it cheaper if you dont want a month old phone

Gear Head 27 July 2011 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10156207)
They're a business not a charity.

If you wanted to be pedantic they don't even have to offer it early.

Go on O2 online and try upgrade there I bet there's more option to you on that

It was more the one rule for one customer, one rule for another.
And then the change of heart when she mentioned that I had already upgraded early.
She has had her phone for nearly 2 years now and it is starting to play up.
O2 wouldn't even consider matching Orange and the advsior was actually quite rude.
Some companies do seem to be getting to big for their own good in my opinion.
They seem to think that customer 'need' them rather than the other way around.
The lady in the orange shop couldn't have done more to try and get her the best deal.

Kieran_Burns 27 July 2011 03:55 PM

You've hit the reason why I've been looking on the mobiles.co.uk site to upgrade to a HTC Sensation.

I can see the deal I want (with O2 at present) an Orange Panther 30 deal (at £25 a month!) which gives me the phone for £19.99.

The only thing that is stopping me is sorting out the number transfer - I've got the PAC off O2 but don't know how to sort this with mobiles.co.uk.

Gear Head 27 July 2011 04:01 PM

Ring O2 and request it. Easy.
You then have 30 days to use it.
Be careful with mobiles.co.uk. Haven't heard a good thing about them. Check some online reviews.
I'd say orange are your better bet.

Kieran_Burns 27 July 2011 04:11 PM

Oh, I have the PAC - it's using it with the web-site that's the problem.

I may pop into an Orange shop and see what they can do - but their online offers were nowhere near as good as the mobiles one

-shane- 27 July 2011 04:15 PM

Been with orange before and then moved to 02 least now I can understand what 02 are saying on the phone, with Orange I could never work out what there were saying

Jonny_ 27 July 2011 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10156193)
25% discount as she works for the Police.

wish i had known about that ^^

i left o2 at the beginning of the year cos they wanted a silly amount to upgrade to the iphone 4

went to vodafone and got one for £20

Ant 27 July 2011 04:49 PM

i'd never touched orange again after charging me £50 for bingo texts that i never ordered.

after refusing to pay it they thought it'd be clever to mark it down on my credit rating.

They're w@nkers end of , also add lying to that too. Telling me i don't make payment while the dispute is in process when it turns out i had too.

Gear Head 27 July 2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 10156299)
i'd never touched orange again after charging me £50 for bingo texts that i never ordered.

after refusing to pay it they thought it'd be clever to mark it down on my credit rating.

They're w@nkers end of , also add lying to that too. Telling me i don't make payment while the dispute is in process when it turns out i had too.

Well how about o2 performing 4, yes 4 credit checks on me a few months back when I asked Phones 4 U to sort me a deal.
I thought it was Phones 4 U that had requested the checks but it wasn't. O2 apologised as said it was a fault with their system. :rolleyes:
But because they screwed my credit file, I had to stay with them hence why I just upgraded. As soon as this deal is up in 18 months, I'm out.

mart360 27 July 2011 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 10156249)
Oh, I have the PAC - it's using it with the web-site that's the problem.

I may pop into an Orange shop and see what they can do - but their online offers were nowhere near as good as the mobiles one

Just a word of warning....

Orange shops, are nothing to do with orange mobile :)

There orange retail, who sell orange products... they wont match or meet any orange deals made with orange direct..... cost me a lcd tv many years ago :(

Mart

Gear Head 27 July 2011 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 10156501)
Just a word of warning....

Orange shops, are nothing to do with orange mobile :)

There orange retail, who sell orange products... they wont match or meet any orange deals made with orange direct..... cost me a lcd tv many years ago :(

Mart

The Orange shop we went in had exactly the same offers as they did online. :wonder:
And they could apply the 25% discount there and then.

lordharding 27 July 2011 07:48 PM

Some good deals on iPhone 4 at the moment with the iPhone 5coming they are wanting to
Unload stocks

Been offered £26.75 per month and no up front fee for iPhone
02are still £30 a month and tmobile are £30 too

But I'm sure they will get cheaper nearer the 5 release

Adrian F 28 July 2011 11:45 PM

I used mobiles .co.uk and the rebate never happened and the customer services just ignored all the emails.

I would not touch mobiles.co.uk with a barge pole