ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Interior (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/)
-   -   PSi3 ECU Data monitor (https://www.scoobynet.com/interior-15/898723-psi3-ecu-data-monitor.html)

steviestoke 27 July 2011 01:39 PM

PSi3 ECU Data monitor

i have a Bugeye 2002 wrx turbo, its had a PS13 ECU Data Monitor since 2004,
Its been perfect for years, however; recently as soon as its powered up it goes crazy..scrolling random letters, numbers and abbreviations across the screen, sometime this happens straight away and others it takes a minute or two.

Ive disconnected it overnight from the 16pin plug but is still the same!!!

I know ps13 went bust a few years ago, but im hoping someone can help

It this terminal? or are there any other options?? Please help.#

Many thanks, Steve.

Lagamorph 03 August 2011 01:03 PM

I believe this company www.auwell.co.uk had something to do with psi3 so maybe they can help.

jura11 03 August 2011 01:09 PM

As above contact this company or contact Simon simonb@auwell.co.uk

Jura

Scratch 07 September 2011 11:28 PM

I have all the manuals for the psi3, but I doubt this will help you unfortunately :(

4bphil 08 September 2011 06:50 PM

Simon @ auwell fixed mine with the same problem.

Phil

Scoobytony74 09 October 2011 07:36 PM

Hello peeps . I just joined this cool site .. Very new to this .. And can any one help . I have a psi3 in my 2000 wrx . And it keeps displaying every thing in what I think is Japanese ??? My car is a uk model ?? Can any one explain this . Or even better tell ne how to stop this happening . I have no user manuals or even a clue how to make it stay in English ?? Help needed please

joey_turbo 19 October 2011 10:43 PM

I dont believe language change is an option in the menu.
Are you sure its japanses? Some of the olde LCd models screen goes a bit funny from time to time.
What model/version is it? Got a pic.

I can email you some manuals, but as mentioned, I don't remember seing language option.

Scoobytony74 19 October 2011 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by joey_turbo (Post 10290978)
I dont believe language change is an option in the menu.
Are you sure its japanses? Some of the olde LCd models screen goes a bit funny from time to time.
What model/version is it? Got a pic.

I can email you some manuals, but as mentioned, I don't remember seing language option.

Nice one . Could ya send me ya email . And I will send ya a pic of what the stupid thing is doin lol .

matty555 09 December 2011 10:02 PM

I have had the same problems with my PSI 3 as the op, but mine now just stays blank, although backlit......:confused:
I have e-mailed Simon tonight and am now praying he can help.....:notworthy

Thanks for those posting up the contact info......:thumb:

TurboAndy 09 December 2011 10:41 PM

Hi Matty. I had my PSI3 sorted by him a couple of months ago. Took his sweet time in fixing it and would only speak to me when I phoned him but got it back and all is sorted.

matty555 09 December 2011 11:11 PM

Hi Andy,
thanks for the reply......Did you have the same problem as I have with my unit?? If so is it a cheap fix???

Sorry for hijacking this thread....TBH just chuffed at finding a possible fix..
Fingers crossed it can be sorted:thumb:

Midlife...... 09 December 2011 11:13 PM

..........my SECS on my Bug 2002 WRX doesn't like the cold and goes on strike in the winter, the display goes blue in the summer.

Apart from that it's OK :)

Shaun

TurboAndy 10 December 2011 09:51 PM

Matty. Mine would power up and switch off after the HELLO ........ Screen. Simon just said it was £70 what ever was wrong.