ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   dodgy ******* (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/897829-dodgy.html)

Moley 21 July 2011 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 10146295)
The original Poster is NOT quoting API prices in his original Post.

Neither is Anger ;)

Anger 21 July 2011 12:18 AM

Why this is a bollox thread... he is wrong about the pricing and dosnt care that he could be hurting someones business

Anger 21 July 2011 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 10146390)
Neither is Anger ;)

Glad you can read Gary :thumb:

Moley 21 July 2011 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 10146391)
Why this is a bollox thread... he is wrong about the pricing and dosnt care that he could be hurting someones business

Seems to be happening a lot on here at the moment mate. People posting incorrect facts, and not considering what they are saying.

Pink_Floyd 21 July 2011 12:24 AM

The problem is nobody will know exactly what has been said, discussed, or agreed apart from the two individuals involved.

Paulo P 21 July 2011 12:25 AM

That's why I thought I'd start on naming who it wasn't, you can't name who but you can say who it wasn't :)

Gary I need to call you mate, my Impreza's insurance is out mate and I can't drive it hahahaha :lol1: I missed the renewal because I was a muppet :D

Anger 21 July 2011 12:28 AM

So as i said this thread is worthless as he has no proof of said agreement and us who know the engine builder... Know he has never quoted those prices... even to me and my car is sponsored by him

Pink_Floyd 21 July 2011 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 10146401)
So as i said this thread is worthless as he has no proof of said agreement and us who know the engine builder... Know he has never quoted those prices... even to me and my car is sponsored by him

To play devils advocate, he hasn't quoted those prices to you, but you don't know what he quoted to the OP. I find it strange someone would come on here and start a thread making these claims if there wasn't a grain of truth in it?

@ the OP, do you have ANY proof of what you're saying?

In all honesty, if not, I'd just put it down to experience and move on.

initialD 21 July 2011 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 10146391)

listen mate if i wanted to effect someones business then i would name and shame wouldnt i ? im not like that mate ! im not wrong about what price he quoted me :nono: i was chuffed with the price as it was cheaper than expected and allowed me to get a few extra bits i wanted , so for him to add 500 out the blue is out of order ! not sure if he made a mistake in his prices when he told me and my girlfriend but thats his problem ! your clearly a mate of his so your gonna back him .

digga 21 July 2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 10146401)

well said james mate...... oh same as that with ole blue

which is why i asked the op who via pm

initialD 21 July 2011 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Pink_Floyd (Post 10146405)
To play devils advocate, he hasn't quoted those prices to you, but you don't know what he quoted to the OP. I find it strange someone would come on here and start a thread making these claims if there wasn't a grain of truth in it?

@ the OP, do you have ANY proof of what you're saying?

In all honesty, if not, I'd just put it down to experience and move on.

yeah good advice mate im doing just that :thumb:
i have no written proof , but i know what i was quoted

Anger 21 July 2011 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by initialD (Post 10146483)
listen mate if i wanted to effect someones business then i would name and shame wouldnt i ? im not like that mate ! im not wrong about what price he quoted me :nono: i was chuffed with the price as it was cheaper than expected and allowed me to get a few extra bits i wanted , so for him to add 500 out the blue is out of order ! not sure if he made a mistake in his prices when he told me and my girlfriend but thats his problem ! your clearly a mate of his so your gonna back him .

How can you name and shame without any proof... The whole pm me bit is harming his rep when people talk to each other... After all this is a community

dunx 21 July 2011 07:55 AM

A verbal quote is a guess.
A written quotation is an agreement to do set work for a set cost.
If the cost of Japanese cranks went up would you honestly complain ?

Mine is nearly finished, and I face an 800 mile trip to collect it :eek:

God onlly knows what it will end up costing... ;)

dunx

pimmo2000 21 July 2011 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 10146499)
How can you name and shame without any proof... The whole pm me bit is harming his rep when people talk to each other... After all this is a community

Why not get them to come on her and post their side then, the OP doesn't sound like he's randomly out to insult people or make things up and he's now gone to another well known engine guy so we know he wanted the work doing.

Does the company involved say they didn't tell him prices have gone up? are you suggesting he's just trying to cause trouble for no reason ?

:freak3:

The Rig 21 July 2011 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by The Rig (Post 10146295)
The original Poster is NOT quoting API prices in his original Post.

He has now chosen to go to API

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 10146390)
Neither is Anger

Originally Posted by Anger (Post 10146393)
Glad you can read Gary

Yeah,sorry,I`ll shut up LOL, i presumed Anger was misreading the thread and thought the OP was on about API prices.

Backing away, getting my coat.............. :)

initialD 21 July 2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 10146512)
Why not get them to come on her and post their side then, the OP doesn't sound like he's randomly out to insult people or make things up and he's now gone to another well known engine guy so we know he wanted the work doing.

Does the company involved say they didn't tell him prices have gone up? are you suggesting he's just trying to cause trouble for no reason ?

of coarse im not going to be saying all this to cause trouble ! all i want is to get my subaru fixed to a high standard , nice and reliable ! ive had terrible luck with it in the past and been through so much stress its unreal ! so i want to feel confident who i hand my thousands of hard earned to ! parts prices cant go up 500 pound in a matter of weeks !! he told me 3000 for a stroker build or 2,500 for forged build ! if i was him i would of phoned and said " mate , prices have gone up on parts considerably , its gonna cost this much more " not just dump it on me ! and i only found that out by double checking the price with him ! if i didnt i would of found out on pay day !!:freak3: thats what i mean in my earlier post by not having comunication ! its something a company should have when im handing over thousands of pounds ? but thats just my opinion .

The Zohan 21 July 2011 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by initialD (Post 10147259)
of coarse im not going to be saying all this to cause trouble ! all i want is to get my subaru fixed to a high standard , nice and reliable ! ive had terrible luck with it in the past and been through so much stress its unreal ! so i want to feel confident who i hand my thousands of hard earned to ! parts prices cant go up 500 pound in a matter of weeks !! he told me 3000 for a stroker build or 2,500 for forged build ! if i was him i would of phoned and said " mate , prices have gone up on parts considerably , its gonna cost this much more " not just dump it on me ! and i only found that out by double checking the price with him ! if i didnt i would of found out on pay day !!:freak3: thats what i mean in my earlier post by not having comunication ! its something a company should have when im handing over thousands of pounds ? but thats just my opinion .

Sadly you made a rod for your own back by NOT getting the quote in writing, as i said in more detail in my initial post it lists the scope of work/parts/labour and protects both parties.

It happens, bin there done that myself:)

Anyone/company not wanting to provide a comprehensive written quote should be avoided at all costs.

Anger 21 July 2011 05:21 PM

Are you a member on Surrey Scoobies ?

Anger 21 July 2011 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Zohan (Post 10147278)
Sadly you made a rod for your own back by NOT getting the quote in writing, as i said in more detail in my initial post it lists the scope of work/parts/labour and protects both parties.

It happens, bin there done that myself:)

Anyone/company not wanting to provide a comprehensive written quote should be avoided at all costs.

He lives in Surrey and the garage is in Surrey... he could have just gone and seen him

Im having a 2.35 built there and Simons(JGM) new monster is being built there.... Nothing wrong with the company at all

initialD 21 July 2011 05:51 PM

try and understand my point of view matey :thumb:
i know hes a good mechanic , simon is a well respected mapper so he wouldnt use him if he wasnt , right ?
im saying my experience in general has not been good , due to lack of communication , maybe my car not that important to him as his other "bigger" builds ! but it is to me :D i wasnt even informed of what rods, pistons and other parts i was giving him £1,500 for ! i have a right to be slightly pissed about the whole thing as i could of booked it up with api a long time ago and have it back fixed by now !!

New_scooby_04 21 July 2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 10146512)
Why not get them to come on her and post their side then, the OP doesn't sound like he's randomly out to insult.......

Das Freudian!! ;) :D

initialD 21 July 2011 10:13 PM

:lol1::lol1: