ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   mods for 500bhp sti (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/896813-mods-for-500bhp-sti.html)

w44syf 13 July 2011 02:40 AM

mods for 500bhp sti

As above, im sure this topic has been covered before, very soon il be on the look out for a jdm sti blobeye as i sold my sti uk few months ago i would be happy somewhere around 450bhp-500bhp wondering what mods are you using, as i am already buying small bits and bobs, whats the best clutch to go for.

any info would be much appreciated

thanks

MartynJ 13 July 2011 07:37 AM

SC46 or SC50 turbo, AP racing or Exedy twin plate clutch, Perrin intake hose, ID1000 injectors, SimTek or Syvecs ecu, Deatschwerks in tank pump, under bonnet 1 litre swirl pot and Bosch 044, RCM headers and uppipe, Perrin front mount and Perrin short ram induction kit, full turbo back resonated 3 inch exhaust system.
Assuming the motor is a good one this little lot should get you your intended figure no problem.

Martyn

P1Drifter 13 July 2011 08:57 AM

martyn, how big dimensions wise are your under bonnet swirl pots ?

Blue by You 13 July 2011 09:35 AM

Who does the best deals on Perrin FMIC?

ScoobyDoo69 13 July 2011 12:20 PM

I like the idea of these under the bonnet swirl pots MartynJ. Could you explain what is required to set them up? Do they require a second pump after the pot, the costs involved both fitted, and just parts supplied?

It's something I will be looking at doing in the future due to the fuel surge suffered on track :)

Thanks

jura11 13 July 2011 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by w44syf (Post 10133652)
As above, im sure this topic has been covered before, very soon il be on the look out for a jdm sti blobeye as i sold my sti uk few months ago i would be happy somewhere around 450bhp-500bhp wondering what mods are you using, as i am already buying small bits and bobs, whats the best clutch to go for.

any info would be much appreciated

thanks

Hi there

If its Twin scroll turbo,you have few option as above MartynJ suggest,but you will need convert to single scroll which will be simply and easy.

If not you can go route with SC46 twin scroll,LM500 etc. and other parts which suggest MartynJ.

For clutch i went for Exedy Twin plate,but good are too ACT,which selling the Harvey here,just PM him for best price or you can buy from eBay.

On mine i've done these mods:SC50(Blouch Dominator 3.0XT-R)3" exhaust decatted,650cc with parallel fuel rails and Fuelab FPR,HDi FMIC,Syvecs ECU and RCM big cone,Hard inlet pipe,340lhp fuel pump with secondary Bosch 044.

Jura

MartynJ 13 July 2011 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by P1Drifter (Post 10133759)
martyn, how big dimensions wise are your under bonnet swirl pots ?

http://www.sm-engineering.co.uk/allo...surge_tank.php

Type 1 Ric !

Martyn

P1Drifter 13 July 2011 06:42 PM

cheers mate :thumb:

w44syf 14 July 2011 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 10134116)
Hi there

If its Twin scroll turbo,you have few option as above MartynJ suggest,but you will need convert to single scroll which will be simply and easy.

If not you can go route with SC46 twin scroll,LM500 etc. and other parts which suggest MartynJ.

For clutch i went for Exedy Twin plate,but good are too ACT,which selling the Harvey here,just PM him for best price or you can buy from eBay.

On mine i've done these mods:SC50(Blouch Dominator 3.0XT-R)3" exhaust decatted,650cc with parallel fuel rails and Fuelab FPR,HDi FMIC,Syvecs ECU and RCM big cone,Hard inlet pipe,340lhp fuel pump with secondary Bosch 044.

Jura

Thanks guys im just looking at few of the specs and getting my one ready and taking ideas, think most people are going with exedy twin plate. jura you got a nice spec :thumb:

Turbo Tez 14 July 2011 09:21 PM

sorry to jump on your thread but this is exactly what I want as well. Motor wise as long as its a nice healthy unit should it be reasonably safe without a rebuild?(mine is a jdm bugeye)

jura11 14 July 2011 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo Tez (Post 10136485)
sorry to jump on your thread but this is exactly what I want as well. Motor wise as long as its a nice healthy unit should it be reasonably safe without a rebuild?(mine is a jdm bugeye)

JDM WRX will handle 400bhp,but 500bhp will not handle without the rebuild with forged internals.

Jura

Terminator X 14 July 2011 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by MartynJ (Post 10133696)
SC46 or SC50 turbo, AP racing or Exedy twin plate clutch, Perrin intake hose, ID1000 injectors, SimTek or Syvecs ecu, Deatschwerks in tank pump, under bonnet 1 litre swirl pot and Bosch 044, RCM headers and uppipe, Perrin front mount and Perrin short ram induction kit, full turbo back resonated 3 inch exhaust system.
Assuming the motor is a good one this little lot should get you your intended figure no problem.

Martyn

Thread closed :thumb:

TX.

Turbo Tez 14 July 2011 10:34 PM

Thanks

Harryr34 15 July 2011 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by w44syf (Post 10136218)
Thanks guys im just looking at few of the specs and getting my one ready and taking ideas, think most people are going with exedy twin plate. jura you got a nice spec :thumb:

Got a twin plate in mine, at first I thought F#*$ that's too noisy, love it now lol

Might be down yourway tomorrow evening, PM me if you want to go for a lil tear up!?

Turbo Tez 15 July 2011 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 10136496)
JDM WRX will handle 400bhp,but 500bhp will not handle without the rebuild with forged internals.

Jura

What about the jdm sti?

MartynJ 15 July 2011 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo69 (Post 10134044)
I like the idea of these under the bonnet swirl pots MartynJ. Could you explain what is required to set them up? Do they require a second pump after the pot, the costs involved both fitted, and just parts supplied?

It's something I will be looking at doing in the future due to the fuel surge suffered on track :)

Thanks

Sorry, only just noticed your post hence the delay in my reply.

We mount the swirl pot in the back of the engine bay on the passenger side mounted on the chassis leg. We feed it with the stock pump or a Walboro if you already have one and from the pot into a Bosch 044 mounted in lione with the pot.
It does make changing plugs take a little longer as you have to remove it, but as the engine bay has a decent firewall it removes the need to sort one out.

Martyn

paulT25 15 July 2011 08:00 AM

I have a forge item simular to what Martyn has mentioned , within the engine bay.
Looks great , neat and tidy.
All done through Iain.

jura11 15 July 2011 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo Tez (Post 10136818)
What about the jdm sti?

JDM STi will handle 450-500bhp,but this again depends on more factors.

Jura