ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/896795-what-do-you-recommend.html)

scoobydoo rob 12 July 2011 10:33 PM

WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND

WHAT OIL IS BEST FOR A 2002 WRX BUGEYE AND BEST INDUCTION KIT TO GET?? MANY THANKS:luxhello:

Mrchips 12 July 2011 10:37 PM

Standard or modded? Induction kit not worth it until big bhp

initialD 12 July 2011 10:38 PM

alot of lads on here will recommend you stick with panel filter over an induction kit ! mainly as an uprated panel filter is good for up to about 350bhp ! and you will need a remap if you get induction kit also ! most induction kit are treated with an oil which over time ive heard can damage the maf sensor !! but to answer your question , i think you cant go wrong will the tried and tested k&n cold air kit :thumb: also green cotton are good . and if like me you have expensive taste then roger clark or cosworth do very nice bits of kit ;)

scoobydoo rob 12 July 2011 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mrchips (Post 10133454)
Standard or modded? Induction kit not worth it until big bhp

Hi, it has td05, stainless decat exhaust, front mount intercooler,dump valve,650 cc injectors. running at 297 bhp cheers Rob

scoobydoo rob 12 July 2011 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by initialD (Post 10133455)
alot of lads on here will recommend you stick with panel filter over an induction kit ! mainly as an uprated panel filter is good for up to about 350bhp ! and you will need a remap if you get induction kit also ! most induction kit are treated with an oil which over time ive heard can damage the maf sensor !! but to answer your question , i think you cant go wrong will the tried and tested k&n cold air kit :thumb: also green cotton are good . and if like me you have expensive taste then roger clark or cosworth do very nice bits of kit ;)

cheers for that :thumb:

Norman Dog 13 July 2011 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by scoobydoo rob (Post 10133463)
Hi, it has td05, stainless decat exhaust, front mount intercooler,dump valve,650 cc injectors. running at 297 bhp cheers Rob

Should be running a bit more than that with those mods? :wonder:

T5NYW 13 July 2011 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by initialD (Post 10133455)

+1

I mine ran 2006 Sti 403bhp on standard panel filter ;)

Tony

Ps i agree with Normandog 330+