ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Stop showing off! Slow down! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/894055-stop-showing-off-slow-down.html)

watties84 23 June 2011 02:10 PM

Stop showing off! Slow down!

Was on my way home last night with my perents about 12, got to the end of my perents road and it was blocked off by the police, there had been an fatal accident just along from my dads house. Well the green BMW that was full of passengers was traveling down my dads road in excess of 100 mph lost it on the corner outside dads house (as they all do, a man on a bike died infront of me a few years bac, there has been many more) hit a wall sideways flew up in the air, flipped and landed on it's roof. The driver was in the car but dead. The other Four of the occupants were ejected of which one died on scene and had half his head missing and the other three are in hospital 2 critical one serious. F..k me slow down people stop showing off, there has been over 6 major accidents that I can remember. I'm glad I have moved out so I don't have to deal with being woken up in the middle of the night by crashes cuz it's not a nice sight. One of them died in the arms of a man who lived right next to where the car came to a stand still. It's not just there lives they affect it also every one who is involved with the aftermath! RIP to the 2 dead and I hope the other get well soon.

Jimbob 23 June 2011 02:41 PM

Prime place for a speed camera, instead of somewhere to raise revenues.

CREWJ 23 June 2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jimbob (Post 10103634)
Prime place for a speed camera, instead of somewhere to raise revenues.

Great idea

Gear Head 23 June 2011 02:58 PM

Or a few speed bumps. :thumb:

Jamo 23 June 2011 04:48 PM

loads like that around here, a group come onto our street quite regular, I just dont get it? kids playing on here ffs slow down and get a life.

wrx287 23 June 2011 04:55 PM

Its the same around my way at night. The one way system becomes a race track. Police dont want to know though:(

kewe 23 June 2011 05:57 PM

Yep good post and a blunt reminder to everyone the consequences of wreckless driving are grave!

dunx 23 June 2011 08:55 PM

Take to a track to get it out of your system...

R.I.P.

dunx

Wagon Gaz 23 June 2011 10:30 PM

Lets face it kill somone driving like a tw4t and your life is also effectively over, as Dunx says the track for racing.

billyray911 23 June 2011 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by wrx287 (Post 10103807)
Its the same around my way at night. The one way system becomes a race track. Police dont want to know though:(

Cheap shot as I think that the Police probably do care.
It won't be you knocking on some poor persons door and having to give someone the worst news in their life.
Good post by the op-seeing someone needlessly die is something that sticks with you forever...