ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Snap of Steering wheel or Standard steering wheel (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/892829-snap-of-steering-wheel-or-standard-steering-wheel.html)

SCOOBYOLS46 13 June 2011 11:07 PM

Snap of Steering wheel or Standard steering wheel

After the recent event of the japspeed subaru impreza being stolen who is thinking of doing an upgrade for having a snap of steering wheell to improve security on there scooby ? No steering whele how they gonna drive it :hjtwofing

Also which make and model and which boss kit to use ?
How much!

enright82 13 June 2011 11:33 PM

i want a D1 snap off boss but wanna keep my standard nardi steering wheel, if i cant ill get something swanky :)

Pramas 13 June 2011 11:47 PM

iam sure a proffessional theft which they mustve been to take that scoob will do recon prior to taking, once they see no steering wheel its easy job to bring a spare :)

53 13 June 2011 11:48 PM

Got one on mine and the steering wheel gets removed and locked up safe :)

enright82 14 June 2011 12:13 AM

Thats what i was thinkin, that they could bring a spare lol would need some kind of cover to go over it that needs a key to get to it, that way they would need the right key, a steering wheel and meqns of getting it started!

SCOOBYOLS46 14 June 2011 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by enright82 (Post 10089403)
Thats what i was thinkin, that they could bring a spare lol would need some kind of cover to go over it that needs a key to get to it, that way they would need the right key, a steering wheel and meqns of getting it started!

thought theres 2 sections to the snap of boss kit one would be attached in the car and the other on the steering wheel once removed . Not sur eif im right becuase i haven't got one myself just looked on the internet though!

Pramas 14 June 2011 12:23 AM

ive seen instances of where they bring a spare ecu with coded keys and simply switch the old ecu to the new 1, might be a bit time comsuming but would bypass quite alot of things. Incase i get blasted for that its readily available on youtube already :D

RobsyUK 14 June 2011 06:24 AM

My mate had his car broken into 4 times with people trying to nick it. As soon as he got a snap off wheel it's not been touched since. One thing though..... If they want your car and your wheel is under your pilliw - in they come!

m@t STImulation 14 June 2011 11:45 AM

i had one didnt like it from a driving point of view brings the wheel closer and didnt seem to give the same conected feel that bolts give, if you that bothered about you can getting nicked you can put, all sorts switches in so that the car will not move without your secret switch being flicked on, example fuel pump switch

midnight 14 June 2011 06:12 PM

Just as easy to get a disclock for £60.00 imho to cover your steering wheel.I have had one on every car i have owned in the last 10 years and never had a car broken into ,let alone stolen. You can get them off ,but they take forever. :thumb:

alanbell 14 June 2011 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by midnight (Post 10090245)
Just as easy to get a disclock for £60.00 imho to cover your steering wheel.I have had one on every car i have owned in the last 10 years and never had a car broken into ,let alone stolen. You can get them off ,but they take forever. :thumb:

yep same here, ive had them on my last 2 scoobs,
and will get another once my new scoobs finished , and at mine.