ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Well done our prime minister (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/892726-well-done-our-prime-minister.html)

dpb 13 June 2011 01:08 PM

Well done our prime minister

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13744922

Cue , the Eton boy detracters :rolleyes:

hutton_d 13 June 2011 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 10088231)

How the h3ll do "we" (remember, we're all in this together!) afford this extra commitment when "front line"services are being cut in the UK, supposedly, due to government cut-backs? With reference to any answer you give, think particularly how you explain it to someone on the minimum wage?

Dave - a Call Me Dave detractor, obviously ...

Gear Head 13 June 2011 02:25 PM

No real direction with the government at the moment.
No quick fix available for massive deficit, so they keep announcing token gestures that do feck all but gives the impression that they care. :rolleyes:

The Zohan 13 June 2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 10088356)
How the h3ll do "we" (remember, we're all in this together!) afford this extra commitment when "front line"services are being cut in the UK, supposedly, due to government cut-backs? With reference to any answer you give, think particularly how you explain it to someone on the minimum wage?

Hopefully by cutting aid to countries with huge amounts to spend on nuclear power, arms, etc. like this one perhaps? https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...963-india.html but i will not be holding my breath. Dave does seem keen to give away money which given the times we are in seems reckless!

More than anything i do not think any normal person likes to see suffering however monies seem to be dished out without any accountability or it getting to the people who really need it.

PaulC72 13 June 2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by hutton_d (Post 10088356)

by cutting these resources they can leave our brave ones vulnerable and spend the money saved on things like this before even sorting out or own country

Jamz3k 13 June 2011 02:28 PM

Couldn't really give a flying **** about other countries and their problems as they sure as hell don't care about ours.

Lets put that money to some good use in GB.

Lee247 13 June 2011 03:19 PM

What's this all about!!!!! We can give millions away to the world, yet some of our own cancer patients can't get drugs/treatment, because the nhs is skint. Am I missing something :confused:

Jamz3k 13 June 2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 10088441)
What's this all about!!!!! We can give millions away to the world, yet some of our own cancer patients can't get drugs/treatment, because the nhs is skint. Am I missing something :confused:

Nope, you are seeing it quite correctly. Much in the same way "we" most certainly can't give jobs and contracts to our own either.

dpb 13 June 2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10088447)
Nope, you are seeing it quite correctly. Much in the same way "we" most certainly can't give jobs and contracts to our own either.

But you win a contract ,

The NHS v foreign aid is a gift for the press !

Saxo Boy 13 June 2011 04:04 PM

Great, so we spend the money we desperately need in this country to keep children alive in countries less well off than our own.

Sounds like the right thing to do, but consider this; in doing so we effective reduce the standards of living in the UK. However, we also impact heavily on the resources of the receiving country. Suddenly where natural selection would have dictated a death, that country now has an additional mouth to feed (and we are probably talking about countries that are struggling with over population and lack of resources).

Alg 13 June 2011 04:10 PM

Quick!! Someone give him an award.

22BUK 13 June 2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy (Post 10088508)
Great, so we spend the money we desperately need in this country to keep children alive in countries less well off than our own.

Sounds like the right thing to do, but consider this; in doing so we effective reduce the standards of living in the UK. However, we also impact heavily on the resources of the receiving country. Suddenly where natural selection would have dictated a death, that country now has an additional mouth to feed (and we are probably talking about countries that are struggling with over population and lack of resources).

+1

kingofturds 13 June 2011 05:00 PM

I think the answer is to dish out some education and condoms not vaccines . All very vaccinating all 5 of her children but then you have to feed all 5 of her children. When do we stop and say no more, when Africa's population hits 3 billion,5 billion?

Of course it's not nice to see children suffering but the human race is spreading across the globe like a parasite using up all resources in its path.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/ma...-418661588.jpg

urban 13 June 2011 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10088367)
Couldn't really give a flying **** about other countries and their problems as they sure as hell don't care about ours.

Yep - bang on.

Fcuk the other countries and their problems.
Lets simply look after our own people first and foremost.
Then if we have anything "spare" we can maybe give and loan some money out.

mamoon2 13 June 2011 05:13 PM

Well put!

Natural selection is key here

GlesgaKiss 13 June 2011 05:48 PM

What a load of bullsh*t. Bill Gates has got more money than the UK govt, which has minus however many trillion as a balance. What the hell are they thinking!? And if anyone is going to complain about that being a terrible attitude when kids are dying, well dip into your own pockets then instead of whinging about it. It's funny how people are always keen to get the govt to spend money on good causes, but they won't actually voluntarily do it. Best to use as much of other people's money as possible I suppose.

Bloody Bono and Geldof as well... I'd like to see them living in a 1 bed flat and giving the rest of their income to charity. Bill Gates, fair enough, he's already said he'd leave almost everything to these causes, but those two, I doubt it.

FlightMan 13 June 2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 10088231)

OK. Here's one.

Eton boys get a warm comfy feeling inside by spending our money on 3rd world poverty. They think we don't need it as we are 1st world rich. They think it's the right thing to do and morally right. The fact that our overseas spending is greater that Germany, France and the USA combined means we are morally superior to the rest of the planet, in our glorious leaders eyes.

I say its morally right for our OAP's not to freeze to death or have to choose between food or heating, and I think it's morally right that cancer patients should get the drugs they need.

I'd rather they gave 3rd world countries £817,000,000 worth of condoms.
That would do far more for those counties, IMHO.

Daryl 13 June 2011 06:22 PM

The reason that this Government can afford to pay for these vaccines is because it is a myth that the country is broke.

The majority of the cutbacks are based on political ideology, implemented by a bunch of millionaires who are being propped up by a few losers who are desperate for a taste of power.

Still, that's democracy for you... :lol1:

bigsinky 13 June 2011 06:32 PM

so they grow up and enter GB illegally and scrounge of the welfare state

rossyboy 13 June 2011 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by foxarm (Post 10088576)
I think the answer is to dish out some education and condoms not vaccines . All very vaccinating all 5 of her children but then you have to feed all 5 of her children. When do we stop and say no more, when Africa's population hits 3 billion,5 billion?

Of course it's not nice to see children suffering but the human race is spreading across the globe like a parasite using up all resources in its path.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/ma...-418661588.jpg

Hammer, nail, head

Absolutely 100% agree. Its all fine and well vaccinating them all, but every couple in the world should be limited to replacing themselves in terms of numbers of children and thats it.

Otherwise, the whole world and everything that lives in it is f*****. Worried about global warming? forget it. The real threat is from over-population.

The Dogs B******s 13 June 2011 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10088367)

Here Here

Alg 13 June 2011 06:57 PM

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...gphonemast.jpg

A telecom company is obviously paying the woman in the 2nd picture. Why doesn't the first woman get that deal too. She could afford to support more than one kid if she quite literally used her head.

stilover 13 June 2011 07:28 PM

I'm sure the news said that by 2015, Britain will make up 1/3 of the Worlds foreign aid money.

Think this is a big fat kick in the teeth of hard working people being made redundant by cuts, yet we give an extra £800m to Africa. We even give more money to assylum seakers than we do to our own.

Something very fcuked up with this country.

hutton_d 13 June 2011 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Daryl (Post 10088692)
The reason that this Government can afford to pay for these vaccines is because it is a myth that the country is broke.

The majority of the cutbacks are based on political ideology, implemented by a bunch of millionaires who are being propped up by a few losers who are desperate for a taste of power.

Still, that's democracy for you... :lol1:

You really need to get out more if you think the country isn't broke! As for the "cutbacks are based on political ideology", well guess what? We have a supposed Tory/LibDem government basing the supposed "cutbacks" on whatever they think will keep them in power. If Labour were in then they'd be doing exactly the same. Same sh!t, different government!

As for the vaccines that Call Me Dave is going to be paying hundreds of millions for, gues who gets the money? Clue ... "GAVI is a health partnership of governments, businesses, and bodies including the World Bank, Unicef and Mr Gates' personal foundation." (Even though they say they're selling at cost price).

Now a much better idea would be to ensure that all these people actually had clean, drinkable water and food on the table. That'd prevent more deaths than vaccinations. I remember reading a few years back that if the money being spent on Kyoto was spent on providing clean water there'd be enough to supply EVERY person in the world. But no, Call Me Dave prefers to subsidise windmills and enrich the pockets of big business.

Effin' hypocrites the lot of them. 650-odd MPs - how many lampposts around Parliament Square do you think?

Dave

Iain250 13 June 2011 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 10088441)

exactly and i sure as **** didnt vote for that ****

iain

ditchmyster 13 June 2011 08:24 PM

wtf the woman in the pic has 4 kids i can just about afford 1

dpb 13 June 2011 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 10088964)
wtf the woman in the pic has 4 kids i can just about afford 1

What do you mean by 'afford'

The Zohan 13 June 2011 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 10088980)
What do you mean by 'afford'

I would imagine he means pay his way, feed, clothe, etc. Not all of us live of of welfare or would want to and cut our cloth accordingly to fit our earnings and situation.:)

If you feel that your social conscience wants you to give all of your money away to charity then go ahead and do so if it makes you feel better. I would rather the government did not keep giving taxes away when we have people dying in this country from a lack of healthcare, drugs, heating during winter, etc. Curing the rest of the worlds problems and ill's at the expence of vulnerable British people makes little if no sense. Charity is a personal thing and people should choose their causes,. not have them foisted upon them.

If we are all in it together as Dave states then perhaps we should have a say:)

chocolate_o_brian 13 June 2011 09:14 PM

Would anyone agree with me if I suggested that the UK is now seen as the most politically correct place on earth?

RA Dunk 13 June 2011 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10089078)
Would anyone agree with me if I suggested that the UK is now seen as the most politically correct place on earth?

I would.

Fcuk our own, let's help everybody else first. :cuckoo: