ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   headlight auto leveling sensor (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/892515-headlight-auto-leveling-sensor.html)

chevnjayne 11 June 2011 07:41 PM

headlight auto leveling sensor

im in the sheffield area and need to get hold of a replacement part without having my pants pulled down by subaru main dealer:lol: anybody know where ai could source this part from :thumb:

S3LDM 11 June 2011 08:01 PM

Try Grade A Subaru..[img]/happy-smiley-84.gif[/img]

alcazar 11 June 2011 09:09 PM

Which car, which model, which year?

S3LDM 11 June 2011 09:48 PM

Must be STI 06 on with HID headlights, do you know if its the front or back automatic adjuster..?

sniffmydiff 11 June 2011 10:47 PM

i've got the same problem with my06 sti,

whats the easiest way to identify which sensor is stuck ?

i've read somewhere that they can be dismantled and freed off :wonder:

alcazar 12 June 2011 08:16 AM

I'm a great be;liever in having a go with bits like that......after all, they were probably put together by a 13 year old girl in the Philipines somewhere, with no tools to speak of.

chevnjayne 12 June 2011 11:50 AM

it is an 06 hawkeye spot on lol one of the three connector pins inside have snapped off into the other half of the sensor , front sensor by the way to check locked over front wheels to the right and can get to the sensor on the drivers side front just pull apart and saw what had happened same on rear but pins all ok also checked mounting were moving ok found an earlier post on here telling you how to check even had photos for simple people like me :-)

alcazar 12 June 2011 03:52 PM

I'd still be inclined to DIY: drive the two bits of pin out and replace, either make your own, hard wire it, or buy some if available from www.vehiclewiringproducts.co.uk

S3LDM 12 June 2011 08:10 PM

I got the same problem with mine (2007 STI) had a look to see if the ball joints had seized up was told that was most probably the cause, but they were fine did not take anything apart though run out of time, need to have a look again, I heard someone paid £250 fitted in Subaru to get it fixed so its well worth having a go your self, I will be..!!

chevnjayne 14 June 2011 06:13 PM

that is the price i was quoted by local subaru dealer 250 but that was including vat ,vaseline and personal bottom work out lol :-)

S3LDM 14 June 2011 08:03 PM

Thats a lot of money for what it is did you get a price to supply parts only..? just wondering as i need to find out what one of mine has failed and get a replacement.

scoobyboy 14 June 2011 08:35 PM

then you also need to calibrate it as well, theres a procedure in the manual for it no select monitor needed

S3LDM 15 June 2011 08:14 PM

Cheers scoobyboy..

sandycam 16 July 2011 11:40 AM

has anyone got the calibration procedure for resetting the headlights as I can't find it in the manual? Also has anyone found a supplier for the connector/pin crimps, local dealer says buying a new loom is the only way to get one from subaru!