ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Bruce Forsyth knighthood (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/892453-bruce-forsyth-knighthood.html)

StrikE 11 June 2011 02:28 PM

Bruce Forsyth knighthood

About time the old chap was & amazing it took so long!

Brucie bonus

mamoon2 11 June 2011 02:32 PM

Well deserved

Hanley 11 June 2011 02:40 PM

Nice to see it...

:D

Chip 11 June 2011 03:04 PM

Used to like him until I actually came across him whilst working at Wentworth and he is an ignorant , arrogant man , nothing like his TV persona.

Chip

Wish 11 June 2011 03:04 PM

Not my favorite person. However well deserved, always wondered why he had been over looked yet other nobodys had been given them.
Like the girl who use to be in Eastenders .... ??

Petem95 11 June 2011 03:05 PM

Brucie is a total ledge! This is long overdue, and much deserved!

yorvik 11 June 2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 10085331)
Used to like him until I actually came across him whilst working at Wentworth and he is an ignorant , arrogant man , nothing like his TV persona.

Chip

Sadly not the first time that I have heard there are two sides to Brucie.

Hanley 11 June 2011 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Wish (Post 10085332)
Like the girl who use to be in Eastenders .... ??

She's been named because of her campaigning against knife crime....not for Eastenders!!

Jaybird-UK 11 June 2011 04:26 PM

Chip

Did you follow the Jason Plato's guide to meeting celebrities?

dpb 11 June 2011 04:33 PM

didnt he do well :thumb:

BOB.T 11 June 2011 04:54 PM

JLC isn't keen on him either...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8269717.stm

StanS 11 June 2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by dpb (Post 10085450)
didnt he do well :thumb:

Knight to see you, to see you Knight:Whatever_

any more ?

DARB 11 June 2011 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by StanS (Post 10085623)
any more ?

You're sir much better than last week !! :Suspiciou

Wish 11 June 2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 10085402)
She's been named because of her campaigning against knife crime....not for Eastenders!!

I know that...... But if her brother hadn't been knifed she wouldn't have given a toss.

Chip 11 June 2011 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wish (Post 10085708)
I know that...... But if her brother hadn't been knifed she wouldn't have given a toss.

Harsh, but true.

ScoobyJawa 12 June 2011 01:51 PM

Having the misfortune of knowing what he's really like - I'm totally with Chip - bloke is an ar$ehol3.

Norman Dog 12 June 2011 04:45 PM

Doesn't seem 5 minutes since the whole family used to watch the Generation game on a Satuday night, there were only 3 channels and fcuck all else on. :)

Norman Dog 12 June 2011 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by BOB.T (Post 10085485)

The comedian was interviewing the Strictly Come Dancing host for a BBC Three spin-off show and said he "clearly didn't have time for the likes of me".
Not surprising really, scruffy looking twat needs a haircut and a bloody good shave. :D

Leslie 13 June 2011 01:42 PM

I know he is a very capable entertainer, but I fail to see how that can justify a knighthood.

Les

ALi-B 13 June 2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10088299)
I know he is a very capable entertainer, but I fail to see how that can justify a knighthood.

Les

He's still more deserving of a knighthood than 'Sir' Fred Goodwin

Jamz3k 13 June 2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10088299)

Les

Totally agree, Knighthoods should be for those who actually have done something for this country. I think its an insult to men and women who have actually done something for us to see the likes of Forsyth get a Knighthood.

Less Celebrities more Heros please.

Bram 14 June 2011 08:36 AM

Knighthoods, you had a look at how many Lords have been made in the last year by the polictical elite.

Bruce Forsyth and other celebs got paid massive for their roles, mostly by the TV licence paid by you and me. Deserving, not at all. He was there for fame and fortune which he was paid.

Knights were meant to do a role of protecting and leading. Bruce would fail badly on these for me, his high kick may take an eye out though

stuart69 14 June 2011 08:59 AM

Chip

Thats funny,i put the sprinkler system in on the 3 corses on wentworth,spoke to him most days,and he always had time to chat/pass the time of day,my boss at the time even had his tea made by his wife:thumb:

Had a young lad working with us,bruces yellow roller was parked waiting for someone to T off,i told him who it was,off he went straight upto the car,fag in mouth,he tapped on the window on the passenger side,window goes down,head straight through window and he says"oreet brucey,any chance of your ortagraph"still with fag in mouth,and he gave it him,we were pissing ourselves....quality:D

Jimmy Tarbuck was an arrogant tw@ though.

Leslie 14 June 2011 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ALi-B (Post 10088309)
He's still more deserving of a knighthood than 'Sir' Fred Goodwin

Naturally I would not argue with that, but why should either of them be deserving of such an honour anyway?

Les

Chip 14 June 2011 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by stuart69 (Post 10089570)
Thats funny,i put the sprinkler system in on the 3 corses on wentworth,spoke to him most days,and he always had time to chat/pass the time of day,my boss at the time even had his tea made by his wife:thumb:

Must have been cos you were doing something that would benefit him personally.I can only speak as I found and I am not the only one either.

As for both Ronnie Barker and Corbett , now there are a pair of gentleman. Corbett whom we met on a golf course and Barker when we were working near a place I think was called Chaddington where he lived. He stopped every single day on his way to his antique shop in Norton.

Chip

Leslie 16 June 2011 01:37 PM

Maybe he has done a lot of charity work, if so then I can understand the award.

Les

ScoobyJawa 16 June 2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 10090177)
Must have been cos you were doing something that would benefit him personally.I can only speak as I found and I am not the only one either.

As for both Ronnie Barker and Corbett , now there are a pair of gentleman. Corbett whom we met on a golf course and Barker when we were working near a place I think was called Chaddington where he lived. He stopped every single day on his way to his antique shop in Norton.

Chip

Agreed again - Corbett - legend! :notworthy