ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Slut Walk (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/892307-slut-walk.html)

Myles 10 June 2011 01:57 PM

Slut Walk

Honestly, words fail me.

http://theblogpaper.co.uk/article/hu...-new-feminists

Just saw some woman publicizing this Slut Walk on Boulton and Co, Sky News.

Now we all know that what a woman wears and how p1ssed she gets on a night out is no the green light for rapists, but the woman was naive in saying that what women should just go out wearing whatever they want. Rape and sexual assaults do happen, and just as if I didnt want the wrong kind of attention in a gay club, I wouldnt go in wearing assless chaps and a leather bikers cap, women should be savvy about what they wear and how ratted they get on a night out.
Unfortunatel title, Slut Walk, and Adam Boulton was all over it!

Flame suit on, and done up to the neck!:fight::poke:

Chip 10 June 2011 02:04 PM

This should be a good one to watch.:D

kingofturds 10 June 2011 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10083747)
I wouldnt go in wearing assless chaps and a leather bikers cap,

Orly? I have seen you outside the tradesmans entrance on union street:lol1:

urban 10 June 2011 02:14 PM

and just as if I didnt want the wrong kind of attention in a gay club, I wouldnt go in wearing assless chaps and a leather bikers cap,

I would have thought that if you're a straight guy, then you wouldn't be hanging around a batty boys club anyway :wonder:

Unless of course, you like a bit of "dicky up the chuffer" :D

richs2891 10 June 2011 02:18 PM

IS the Journalist simply trying to make a name for themselves ??

Richard

ScoobySteve69 10 June 2011 02:19 PM

No pics then :(

Will 10 June 2011 02:20 PM

and just as if I didnt want the wrong kind of attention in a gay club, I wouldnt go in wearing assless chaps and a leather bikers cap

Didn't know that you're a bummer!!!!

classic Subaru Si 10 June 2011 02:25 PM

Thought we was gonna be entertained by some sort of video clip of said woman, walking like er...slut?:(

Jamz3k 10 June 2011 03:05 PM

Walk like a slut, dress like a slut, talk like a slut, sooner or later your gonna be treated like a slut.

No point crying about it afterwards.

Leslie 10 June 2011 03:11 PM

I don't think that anyone can argue that if a woman dresses in a way that gives the impression that she is advertising her wares so to speak, than men who are of that kind of bad character are more likely to try it on or force themselves on her. Right or wrong, it just seems like simple common sense.

Les

Hysteria1983 10 June 2011 03:13 PM

I'm all for dressing appropriately, but as far as I'm concerned wearing a revealing outfit shouldn't automatically mean they are to blame.

I think any man who thinks he can take advantage of a woman because of what she is wearing needs help.

J4CKO 10 June 2011 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10083842)
Walk like a slut, dress like a slut, talk like a slut, sooner or later your gonna be treated like a slut.

How do you treat "A Slut", I think women should be free to express their sexuality without fear of harassment or rape, even if someone is naked and in the same bed if they say no it means no (I have extensive experience of this being married :D), rape is generally regarded as more of a violence and control thing than sexual as the motivating factor, i.e. old ladies wearing a burkha and wellies are still at risk like an 18 yr old girl in a short skirt, high heels and a boob tube.

Main thing for me is for women to wear what they want but to ensure they dont put themselves in undue danger by being so drunk they dont know what they are doing, avoiding walking home when its dark or there is nobody around and just generally looking after themselves, they should be free to walk around dressed as they want but its always a risk, men are not going to stop doing this, no amount of legislation or deterrent, even the death penalty will not stop it, its always happened and always will so it is down to the individual to take control of their own safety.

Jamz3k 10 June 2011 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 10083865)
How do you treat "A Slut", I think women should be free to express their sexuality without fear of harassment or rape, even if someone is naked and in the same bed if they say no it means no (I have extensive experience of this being married :D), rape is generally regarded as more of a violence and control thing than sexual as the motivating factor, i.e. old ladies wearing a burkha and wellies are still at risk like an 18 yr old girl in a short skirt, high heels and a boob tube.

Main thing for me is for women to wear what they want but to ensure they dont put themselves in undue danger by being so drunk they dont know what they are doing, avoiding walking home when its dark or there is nobody around and just generally looking after themselves, they should be free to walk around dressed as they want but its always a risk, men are not going to stop doing this, no amount of legislation or deterrent, even the death penalty will not stop it, its always happened and always will so it is down to the individual to take control of their own safety.

I didn't mention rape and yes they can dress themselves whatever way they want but at the end of the day, if a woman doesn't want to be thought of as a slut, don't get on like one.

Dan Gleebits 10 June 2011 03:34 PM

what the hell are these wimmins doing *out* anyways? have thy finished all their chores? have they cooked and cleaned? and even if so, who the bleddy hell let them free from the kitchen..

sod's 'll be wanted the vote next !

*someone had to ;)

EddScott 10 June 2011 03:37 PM

Was hoping more from this thread TBH.

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com...e-dressing.jpg

Hysteria1983 10 June 2011 03:41 PM

I think there is a bit of a difference between dressing like a slut and acting like one.

Some women just like to dress sexy, but they don't throw themselves at everything with a willy.
Then I suppose she would get branded a tease :brickwall

Leslie 10 June 2011 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 10083853)
I'm all for dressing appropriately, but as far as I'm concerned wearing a revealing outfit shouldn't automatically mean they are to blame.

I think any man who thinks he can take advantage of a woman because of what she is wearing needs help.

Yes you are quite right, but you have to think about the uncontrollable urges of of a "Bad Hat" who is likely to get heavily influenced and the dangers from all that.

That sort of risk is a fact of life and can be impossible to defend against.

Les

Hysteria1983 10 June 2011 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10083922)
Yes you are quite right, but you have to think about the uncontrollable urges of of a "Bad Hat" who is likely to get heavily influenced and the dangers from all that.

That sort of risk is a fact of life and can be impossible to defend against.

Les

I agree to a certain extent, however I know that there are just as many men out there who are just as 'influenced' by women wearing rubber gloves or other weird fetishes.

People cannot walk out of the door every day thinking they might get attacked for one reason or another. It would reduce people to nervous wrecks.

GlesgaKiss 10 June 2011 05:13 PM

They need a good backhand, the lot of them!

Jamz3k 10 June 2011 05:14 PM

Sluts get bucked a lot, slut feels like a slut for being a slut, slut cries rape because she realises she's got the reputation of being a slut and wants some pitty. Seen it happen quite a few times and I'm only a wee pup!

boxst 10 June 2011 05:21 PM

Oh! Not this then?

https://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l...xc8ho1_500.gif

tony de wonderful 10 June 2011 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10083842)

So blame the victim?

Your opinion is frankly disgusting.

warrenm2 10 June 2011 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 10083865)
.... if they say no it means no

Thats true.... for that particular moment in time

boxst 10 June 2011 08:36 PM

Mmm .. okay. Serious post.

Women should be free to choose what they wear without fear of any kind of unwanted attention.

I have a problem with men being mentioned in rape cases without it being investigated, so the right to privacy should be on both sides until proven guilty.

Jamz3k 10 June 2011 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10084045)
So blame the victim?

Your opinion is frankly disgusting.

The victim of what? Looking like a slut?

Adrian F 10 June 2011 08:50 PM

funny enough the research shows that more women are raped by partners or ex-partners than by strangers and a extremely small percentage who are convicted of raping a stranger could remember what the victim wore so in fact it looks like how the women dresses is a very unlikely cause of rape but it makes the papers because pictures sell newspapers.

Men are attracted to women who dress sexy but as far as all the research shows this didnt then go on and make the man lose control of them selves and commit rape.

maybe people should have a higher opinon of men in general

tony de wonderful 10 June 2011 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10084346)
The victim of what? Looking like a slut?

Don't be obtuse, you are saying the women being raped are in some way responsible for being raped if they dress provocatively.

Do you think women dressing in a certain way are worthy of your scorn and deserve physical mistreatement? Because you seem to think so.

Jamz3k 10 June 2011 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10084423)
Don't be obtuse, you are saying the women being raped are in some way responsible for being raped if they dress provocatively.

Do you think women dressing in a certain way are worthy of your scorn and deserve physical mistreatement? Because you seem to think so.

Dont dare tell me what I am saying/think, I am sorry Tony but I am too wise to your bull**** to be lured into one of your cretinous arguments.

tony de wonderful 10 June 2011 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10084468)
Dont dare tell me what I am saying/think, I am sorry Tony but I am too wise to your bull**** to be lured into one of your cretinous arguments.

So what is your point then exactly?

Are women who dress provocatively - and are raped - in some way to blame?

Hysteria1983 10 June 2011 10:16 PM

The only person responsible for any form of abuse is the the abusor.

Men, women and children don't walk about evaluating every aspect in their lives becuase the is a mugger, rapist or peadophile lurking around every corner.

These people live among us, but it's not the individuals fault that they are victims of some evil peice of work.

If it were as simple as 'dress down and you won't get raped' the world would be a much better place on many levels.
BUT, like it's been said, rape and sexual abuse doesn't often have anything to do with sexual gratification.